Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Invert and Plant Forums > Cephalopods
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/05/2014, 01:32 AM   #1
_divad
Registered Member

Cuttlefish with Bubble Tip Anemones

I am in the midst of setting up a 30x30x15" tall tank for my cuttlefish (sepia bandensis) that I have been rearing in the refugium of my frag tank. The tank is going to primarily be different species of macro algae. I was considering putting a BTA in there. I know that the general consensus is to not have stinging friends in the tank... But, I have never had any issues with my BTA stinging any fish or eels. I thought that this would be an interesting pop of color in the tank.

Has anyone done this?

Thank you in advance!

_divad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/05/2014, 09:08 AM   #2
sirrealism
Registered Member

As cool as it might sound I would say no. Can I give you a positive reason? Not really but as much work as you have to go through to have the cuttlefish do you think its worth it to take a chance? If your looking for that splash of color then get some simple corals Like Green star polyps, xenia Leathers ECT. You will need a lot of light for a bubble tip and the corals I listed do not need as much light. By the way Thats a Corgi in the bottom of the pic isnt it? Red and white or sable to be exact. I have had corgis for 20 years and can tell by how the coat sits on the back. Love those dogs. Super smart

Current Tank Info: 150g mixed. 93g cube nem. 90g mixed. 40b softy
sirrealism is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/17/2014, 07:52 AM   #3
Dr.Brain Coral
Registered Member

I would say no to as I have heard that anything that stings is a no no. This will still be a cool tank without a nem. Any pictures of your little cuttlefish?

Dr.Brain Coral is offline   Reply With Quote