Reef Central Online Community
Marine Depot

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Invert and Plant Forums > Marine Plants & Macroalgae
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Today, 01:13 AM   #3176
JZinCO
Registered Member

My first thought was noooooo. But, I'm excited to see what happens. Tell us what you're thinking. What's going to happen to your existing lifestock, live sand, etc?

JZinCO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:25 AM   #3177
Subsea
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hoaster View Post
Hold on a second! I'm not quitting. Is that what it sounded like? Not at all. I just need to break the tank down and fix some things.

By the way, thanks for the kind words, Subsea!

I've just reached a point where it looks like the best option is to restart the tank, so I can make some changes that would be impossible to do while it's up and running. I would imagine many of us have gotten to this point. It's that time when you look at your tank and see things you wish you could change, but you put them off, so you don't upset the balance you've worked hard to achieve. So they kind of pile up. Now I've reached that point where I'm ready to make those changes.

One thing I've found in this hobby is that it's very difficult to get everything right the first time. So you make your best effort, and live with it for awhile. In that time you can see where improvements could be made, that you'd never think of in the initial planning. Then, when you're ready, you go back and do it again, and do it righter!
In the last six months, I made major changes in a 25 year old setup. The easiest and probably the most important for long term was turning out the lights in 30G mud macro refugium to focus on cryptic sponges. The most difficult was syphoning down a twenty five year old 6 Jaubert Plenum sandbed to a depth of 2.

Happy trails,

Current Tank Info: 10,000G. Greenhouse Macro Growout
Subsea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
biotope, caribbean, food chain detrivores, macro algae, seagrass