Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tunze
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/22/2020, 08:02 AM   #1
my5girls
Registered Member

Cleaning inside walls of MAR 3181

I started running the Tunze MAR 3181 at the beginning of January in the sump of my 125 gallon. There seems to be a growth of algae on the inside walls of the reactor. Do I need to brush that off from time to time? (For light penetration) I am running cheato inside the reactor. If so, what is the best way to clean the inside walls?

my5girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/22/2020, 09:31 AM   #2
rvitko
RC Sponsor

I would clean it, but I would be cautious to avoid scratching the acrylic. Personally I would probably do a soak in bleach 1-20 with water or a stronger washing soda solution to soften the algae and then use a soft brush or wash cloth as needed.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/22/2020, 10:15 PM   #3
Seeady66
Registered Member

I use a magic eraser doesn’t scratch and cleans great. Use them on all my gear my 10year old 9410 is as clear as the day I purchased it.
Adrian

Seeady66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/23/2020, 11:19 AM   #4
rvitko
RC Sponsor

I hesitate to recommend magic eraser, I have even had them scuff glass, usually you won't see it wet, it is very fine scuffing, but I would worry about it over time. They are essentially very fine abrasive.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/23/2020, 02:50 PM   #5
my5girls
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvitko View Post
I hesitate to recommend magic eraser, I have even had them scuff glass, usually you won't see it wet, it is very fine scuffing, but I would worry about it over time. They are essentially very fine abrasive.
It’s nothing that needs really scrubbing! It’s soft and mushy. I just wiped it out this morning when I took some cheato out. Thank you! I’m Leary if using magic eraser in an aquarium anyway and would never do that!

my5girls is offline   Reply With Quote