Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/20/2017, 06:29 PM   #51
LQT
Registered Member

Geez...

Deep Blue 57 Edge ATI Acro Garden Build Thread
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=25573384#post25573384

Current Tank Info: DeepBlue 57 Edge
LQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/20/2017, 06:53 PM   #52
marinelife
Registered Member

Looks like it is my controller now. They do not seem to think I need a controller that is not damaged on the outside. It works so they are happy, it's sad an $1800 pump and I get screwed with a controller that has a bent mounting bracket.

All LED since 2010.

Current Tank Info: 375 Gallon Reef with siporax, all LED lighting, and Red Dragon 3 and Abyzz A200 on 2 closed loops.
marinelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/20/2017, 06:59 PM   #53
LQT
Registered Member

Based on your experience, it’s pretty clear that the Red Dragon by Royal Exclusiv is the way to go in the high end pump market. I really hope Coral Vue and Abyzz hears this loud and clear. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us... definitely eye opening!

Deep Blue 57 Edge ATI Acro Garden Build Thread
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=25573384#post25573384

Current Tank Info: DeepBlue 57 Edge
LQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/20/2017, 07:03 PM   #54
marinelife
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LQT View Post
Based on your experience, it’s pretty clear that the Red Dragon by Royal Exclusiv is the way to go in the high end pump market. I really hope Coral Vue and Abyzz hears this loud and clear. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us... definitely eye opening!
As long as Scott stays at Royal then yes the support is better, If he ever leaves it could be an issue. CoralVue is slow but got it fixed. FedEx messed up the shipping of it. CoralVue should also have put it in a bigger box.

All LED since 2010.

Current Tank Info: 375 Gallon Reef with siporax, all LED lighting, and Red Dragon 3 and Abyzz A200 on 2 closed loops.
Unread 12/20/2017, 08:45 PM   #55
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinelife View Post
As long as Scott stays at Royal then yes the support is better, If he ever leaves it could be an issue. CoralVue is slow but got it fixed. FedEx messed up the shipping of it. CoralVue should also have put it in a bigger box.
Damn.. I’m not even sure what to say about the issues you are having with the Abyzz stuff other than I am truly sorry and I mean that with the utmost sincerity.

As for Royal Exclusiv, I’m not going anywhere but RE USA is a team effort and while I field a lot of the front end presales and post sales stuff, it really is a team effort. Especially since I’m in Los Angeles area and our warehouse is in Florida. RE USA is not a one man band and everybody involved in RE USA is a hobbyist first and foremost. Needless to say, I’m obviously here anytime you have questions regardless of the day of week. You know how to reach me!

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476

Last edited by slief; 12/20/2017 at 08:50 PM.
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/20/2017, 09:35 PM   #56
marinelife
Registered Member

Newest news, I will be testing and providing feedback on a new controller that is coming out next year. So, for now, I will be using this one I got today until they are ready with the new one.

All LED since 2010.

Unread 12/20/2017, 09:36 PM   #57
marinelife
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
Damn.. I’m not even sure what to say about the issues you are having with the Abyzz stuff other than I am truly sorry and I mean that with the utmost sincerity.

As for Royal Exclusiv, I’m not going anywhere but RE USA is a team effort and while I field a lot of the front end presales and post sales stuff, it really is a team effort. Especially since I’m in Los Angeles area and our warehouse is in Florida. RE USA is not a one man band and everybody involved in RE USA is a hobbyist first and foremost. Needless to say, I’m obviously here anytime you have questions regardless of the day of week. You know how to reach me!
Yep I will be in contact if I have issues This thread will be updated from time to time on how both pumps are doing.

All LED since 2010.

Unread 01/04/2018, 08:09 PM   #58
marinelife
Registered Member

Lasted news is both pumps are still working out great. I added 2 1" Omni Flex Nozzles to the outputs of the Red Dragon 3. The flow out is amazing, I am glad I added them.
I also received my 10 year certificate for the warranty on the Abyzz Pump.

All LED since 2010.

Unread 01/04/2018, 08:56 PM   #59
xabo
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinelife View Post
Lasted news is both pumps are still working out great. I added 2 1" Omni Flex Nozzles to the outputs of the Red Dragon 3. The flow out is amazing, I am glad I added them.
I also received my 10 year certificate for the warranty on the Abyzz Pump.
Have any pics?

xabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/04/2018, 09:00 PM   #60
marinelife
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xabo View Post
Have any pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All LED since 2010.

Unread 01/04/2018, 09:06 PM   #61
xabo
Registered Member

Nice looking setup.............thanks for posting the pic.

xabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/09/2018, 09:30 AM   #62
marinelife
Registered Member

Both pumps are running great without issues. I really can not say anything bad about either. The Abyzz did have an issue in the beginning but they seemed to have fixed it and hopefully, any new ones will have the issue. You can not beat the 10-year warranty of the Abyzz.
Last week during the July 4th sales I did get another pump to replace my return. I had been wanting to replace my return for a while and I was just waiting to see how these pumps did over time to make my choice on a new return. My return is now an Abyzz A200, reasons for picking it are: its a smaller pump which works better for the location I had to put it, the warranty is too good to pass up, I do like the controller a little better than the Red Dragon's controller, and lastly it was in stock during the sale it;s still out of stock at most places). The sale let me save over $400 on the pump. I had to enlarge the hole on my sump to get a bigger bulkhead in it to allow for the 2" input on the Abyzz. I did make the plumbing so I can easily swap out the Abyzz for the old pump is something ever does happen.

All LED since 2010.

Unread 07/09/2018, 01:06 PM   #63
gcarroll
Registered Member

Great to hear that the pumps are treating you well.

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Be wary of advice coming from those who will not show you the fruits of their success!

Current Tank Info: building: 250g AGE Euro tank, Abyzz A200, Vertex Supra-G filtration, Ecotech Radion Pro LEDs, ...
gcarroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/20/2018, 07:00 PM   #64
Joerooster
Registered Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavediver50 View Post
I am using an Abyzz 100 as a return from my basement on my 300G display tank, and another Abyzz400 in the cabinet under the tank as a closed loop pump. the tank is in my living room right next to my couch, and the pump is absolutely dead silent!I am really impressed with the Abyzz pumps. My only negative thing, is at the price they cost, and the fancy controller and settings
, they should have implemented a feed mode. My return pump is in the basement, along with the controller. I don't like food going over the filter overflow, so I turn off the return pump at each feeding. Yes, I could place the controller upstairs in the cabinet, but in my mind regardless of where the controller is, I shouldn't ave to push the button to restart. it should use a feed mode to restart automatically!
I have the abyzz a100 in the basement and also wish it had a feed mode. I have forgotten for 30 minutes and overflowed my skimmer which has a feed mode. For the money it’s a great silent pump but come on now for that price a feed mode wouldn’t be to hard for them to implement!

Joerooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/12/2020, 09:31 PM   #65
marinelife
Registered Member

I thought I would update this thread.
All 3 pumps have been running great without issues. I am very happy with them and highly recommend both pumps, I do not think you could go wrong with either brand.

All LED since 2010.

Unread 01/16/2020, 10:51 PM   #66
vair
Registered Member

Regarding packaging- Just received my Red Dragon DC pump 3 230W and it looks amazing, packaging was over the top good. Can’t wait to hook it up. Have a older Red Dragon Ac pump running for maybe ten years, rarely cleaned and keeps on going.

"go snowboarding" www.sourceboards.com

Current Tank Info: Building a in wall 300G reef tank.
vair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/03/2020, 11:04 AM   #67
acer
Registered Member

I am trying to decide between these two pumps for my setup = 14 foot head pressure basement sump, 150 gallon display. Red dragon 230 watt- $1350 with 2 yr warranty, Abyzz A200 - $1900 with 10 year warranty. updates and new info wanted. either controller do a feed mode yet?

acer is offline   Reply With Quote