Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Northwest Ohio Reef Association (NORA)
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/25/2019, 06:50 PM   #1
hllywd
Premier World Traveler

Anybody?

Anybody... anybody?

Current Tank Info: 210 AGA RR, Apex, 3x Kessil A360W & 2x 80W T5s, GEO 618 Ca Rx, BM220 CS2 skimmer, Tunze 6100s, 42" ETSS/AE Tech refugium/sump
hllywd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/25/2019, 08:57 PM   #2
zaireguy
Registered Member

Hello

my wife and I have come to a new understanding! I don`t ask and she doesn`t have to say no anymore

Current Tank Info: 300 gallon main tank,70 Gallon sump,70 gallon remote sump, reef octopus 300- 12 inch skimmer, skimz Biopellet reactor
zaireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/20/2019, 05:43 AM   #3
Spuds725
Registered Member

Dave's not here man....

I'm still "barely" in the hobby-- deciding whether to hang it up or not (started first tank in 2001)-- have not been active online in ages-- had some tank issues.... I have a basement sump (my old 135) with about 20 feet of 2" pvc between tank and sump--only running about 600 GPH through line-- running for many years-- apparently I had a bunch of growies in the line and something must have broke loose and mostly clogged the drain line--tank started overflowing slowly-- had to separate the tank from the sump and the tank did not like that--- had a crash-- lost all but my yellow tang and one clown, lost most of my softies, and my anemones....

Lesson learned--- invest in a plumbing snake and run through drain lines regularly... and also run an "emergency" drain (extra drain) that can handle a backup in the main.

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve immortality by not dying"-- Woody Allen

Current Tank Info: 125G mixed reef with 135G Sump
Spuds725 is offline   Reply With Quote