Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/17/2012, 07:31 PM   #101
chercm
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastamherstbias View Post
Did you send an email to the beta team? They have been good with figuring out issues.
Yes I did and there's no reply so I thought it got drown into the deep blue sea , hahahaha

chercm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/17/2012, 08:03 PM   #102
BigKahuna
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwb859 View Post
Do you still have to hook the cable up for the new live version? I thought it was suppose to be able to work with a iphone once it comes out but it seems people are using the cable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chercm View Post
sadly yes as we are still waiting for the iphone / ipad version to be launched .

Quote:
Hopefully it won't be long, who doesn't want this program on the new iphone?
Unless I missed something I think there is some confusion. As it stands now the Radion uses a proprietary rf equivalent to wifi/BT so in order to use an iPad or iPhone, or any wireless device with a browser for that matter, you need it connected to a PC via USB. The wireless connection is achieved through the PC to your home network. Ecosmart Live, which is currently in beta, is the online service that serves up a web browser based control so an iPad or iPhone can control the fixture. I haven't heard anything about direct control from an iPad or iPhone...

150DD Starphire w/Herbie | 2xEcotech Radion Pro - articulated mount | MP40wES w/ Batt BB | Apex Neptune | SeaSwirl | Laguna MaxFlo 1500 w/manifold | Proflex Mod2 sump | modded SWC 160 cone | Avast ATO

Current Tank Info: Sheet PVC build http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2168214

Last edited by BigKahuna; 09/17/2012 at 08:08 PM.
BigKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/18/2012, 09:22 AM   #103
Dwb859
Registered Member

I sure hope that isn't the case. I just looked at the picture they have and it shows a guy with a ipad in front of a aquarium, like he can change the lighting with no cable. Not a big deal I guess becaues you don't need to be fooling with your lights all the time anyways, more of a cool feature than anything.

Unread 09/18/2012, 02:55 PM   #104
BigKahuna
Registered Member

Quote:
I sure hope that isn't the case. I just looked at the picture they have and it shows a guy with a ipad in front of a aquarium, like he can change the lighting with no cable. Not a big deal I guess becaues you don't need to be fooling with your lights all the time anyways, more of a cool feature than anything.
If you see a photo of an iPad controlling a Radion, or a set of Radions, it has to be plugged in via USB AFAIK. The only photo of an iPad controlling a Radion that I recall, I think it was on Reef Builders, showed a USB cable coming off of one of them.

150DD Starphire w/Herbie | 2xEcotech Radion Pro - articulated mount | MP40wES w/ Batt BB | Apex Neptune | SeaSwirl | Laguna MaxFlo 1500 w/manifold | Proflex Mod2 sump | modded SWC 160 cone | Avast ATO

Current Tank Info: Sheet PVC build http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2168214
Unread 09/20/2012, 01:04 PM   #105
BigKahuna
Registered Member

Thankfully I was invited to join the Beta program but I can't get the Connection Manager to launch on my old Mac Mini running 10.6.8, the only computer I have near the tank. The app bounces once and dies, the Console logs indicate a Java problem but I have the latest release of Java and all. I sent a note via the contact link on the EcoSmart Live page but I haven't heard back.

Unread 09/20/2012, 03:25 PM   #106
david00061
Registered Member

when i go to down load connection manager the link takes me to java

2 mp60's 4 mp40's, GEO 818 calcium reactor
SRO XP 8000 external skimmer
david00061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/20/2012, 03:28 PM   #107
david00061
Registered Member

i all ready have java i need to update connection manager

2 mp60's 4 mp40's, GEO 818 calcium reactor
SRO XP 8000 external skimmer
david00061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/20/2012, 08:32 PM   #108
BCT182
Registered Member

I installed the connection manager on my Mac and connected to my Radion no problems. This has completely eliminated the need for a PC so I can finally toss my mini laptop in the trash! From what I can tell, as long as the fixture is connected by USB to either a PC or a Mac, you can then log in from another device or another computer and make changes because the Radion will then be wired to the cloud, and accessed wirelessly by a second device. I haven't tried this yet, as the site isn't yet optimized for iPhone.

I would like to know, is there ANY way to make the USB connection wireless from the Radion to a Mac? I have found a couple different USB dongle kits that transmit USB data do things like printers and external hard drives but none seem to be compatable with Mac.

I don't care if I have to buy something, I would just prefer to eliminate the USB cord. I have heard of people converting adapters to do different things, any ideas or tips?

BCT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/20/2012, 08:49 PM   #109
nycreef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCT182 View Post
I installed the connection manager on my Mac and connected to my Radion no problems. This has completely eliminated the need for a PC so I can finally toss my mini laptop in the trash! From what I can tell, as long as the fixture is connected by USB to either a PC or a Mac, you can then log in from another device or another computer and make changes because the Radion will then be wired to the cloud, and accessed wirelessly by a second device. I haven't tried this yet, as the site isn't yet optimized for iPhone.

I would like to know, is there ANY way to make the USB connection wireless from the Radion to a Mac? I have found a couple different USB dongle kits that transmit USB data do things like printers and external hard drives but none seem to be compatable with Mac.

I don't care if I have to buy something, I would just prefer to eliminate the USB cord. I have heard of people converting adapters to do different things, any ideas or tips?
Ultra X Connect
Connect it to the Mac
Connect the other to the radion
You are now connected wirelessly
Since I did mine, I don't even need the beta verion unless I'm away and want to control my lights when I'm not home.

nycreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/21/2012, 05:12 AM   #110
60Cubed
Premium Member

U know its kinda shocking to me that ecotech hasn't got a product with wireless capabilities like the apex in the current techno environment. U would've thought that would've come as a standard feature these days!!!

Current Tank Info: 75g...radions/vortechs/apex/geo/ehiem/bubble magnus...all the good stuff and still want more!!!!
60Cubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/23/2012, 07:02 PM   #111
d2mini
Registered Member

Finally got a chance to try the new version of the software and it's still completely unusable for me.

1) Connection Manager doesn't show up in my dock (mac) or in the Force Quit window. So it appears like its not even open. But in Ecosmart Live it says i'm connected. And if I try to toss the app in the trash it says it's running. So i have no way of quitting it without restarting my mac.

2) In ecosmart live I get connection errors

3) All my radions are grayed out, and the only option i have under the gear icon is firmware update which I did several times in the last version of the software. Tried it this time and it completely screwed up the first radion which took me an hour to get running again using the old software.

So as of right now, I still haven't gotten ESL to work. At all.

And to top it off, the desktop version is no longer working for me either tonite. It takes a couple minutes to query devices and then tells me the only one connected is the one connected via USB. If it finds any devices at all. Some times it just keeps querying.

Elos Diamond 120xl | Elos Stand | Radion G4 Pros | GHL Profilux Controller | LifeReef Skimmer | LifeReef Sump
Photos taken with a Nikon D750 or Leica M.
d2mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/23/2012, 07:09 PM   #112
Lucifa68
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60Cubed View Post
U know its kinda shocking to me that ecotech hasn't got a product with wireless capabilities like the apex in the current techno environment. U would've thought that would've come as a standard feature these days!!!
yes it is sad as the new pro version does not mention anything about this either

Lucifa68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/23/2012, 07:39 PM   #113
BCT182
Registered Member

The connection manager appears on the bar above at the top of the screen. You have to install it after downloading it. I found that if I chose the folder to install it into it did not work but if I let it install into the default area it did work for me.

Unread 09/23/2012, 08:31 PM   #114
d2mini
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCT182 View Post
The connection manager appears on the bar above at the top of the screen. You have to install it after downloading it. I found that if I chose the folder to install it into it did not work but if I let it install into the default area it did work for me.
Yes I see it now.

Elos Diamond 120xl | Elos Stand | Radion G4 Pros | GHL Profilux Controller | LifeReef Skimmer | LifeReef Sump
Photos taken with a Nikon D750 or Leica M.
d2mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/25/2012, 06:05 PM   #115
chercm
Registered Member

is the iOS out yet ?

Unread 09/25/2012, 10:09 PM   #116
jameshongth
Registered Member

Quote:
is the iOS out yet ?
IOS 6? If it's yes.

jameshongth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/26/2012, 06:49 AM   #117
chercm
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshongth View Post
IOS 6? If it's yes.
i mean the Radion can be control on iPad

Unread 09/26/2012, 08:27 AM   #118
ghostman
Registered Member

Quote:
is the iOS out yet ?
I'm not sure if there was, or ever will be an app or program for Apple products. Ecosmart Live is designed to be a browser based program that can run on any portable device, thus giving you control on an iPad or phone. So from what I understand, there is no point in waiting for an improved interface to come out. ES live is what you have to deal with.

Current Tank Info: 40IM Fusion, 40lbs of rock, and 20lbs of sand. Just a few fish and corals....for now.
ghostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/26/2012, 09:10 AM   #119
BCT182
Registered Member

It would be nice if the browser could detect a mobile device and change to a mobile format.

Unread 09/26/2012, 04:37 PM   #120
xenon
Owner of Canada Corals

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkinReef View Post
There should be a "Registration" button at the bottom. That's how I got in.
I am actually an authorized EcoTech retailer and I cant even get access to the new software.

"Thank you for your interest in using EcoSmart Live. We are currently limiting new registrations by invitation only.

Please check back soon!"

xenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/01/2012, 02:54 PM   #121
DG4L
Registered Member

I have had my radions for a few days now and love them to death but the software is not the best. At least for me on my Windows XP system. I have a wireless USB box that only uses WINXP. its on 32bit and as far as i can tell its does not work. JVM java virtal machine error bologna. I will end up installing a 64bit version of XP to see if thats truly the case. I installed every version of java I could find and it did not work. It also could have something to do with the filepath, I really have no idea except install WINXP 64

Anywho I got EcoSmartLive on my Macbook fine. I did notice a difference in Demo Mode appears to work different? Has anyone else noticed this?

And I thought that EcoSmartLive was supposed to control the lights without the usb cable. But I guess I am wrong there too arent I?

I would like to know the difference between EcoSmart Live and the Config Utility because at this point I would say the are a lil different.

DG4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/01/2012, 03:29 PM   #122
artpics
Registered Member

EcoSmart Live
Your registration was successful. Please check your e-mail to activate your account.

no email was sent

artpics is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/01/2012, 06:27 PM   #123
artpics
Registered Member

Finally got my activation email.

programmed the lights in 10 minutes no problems. Software is great

AT last i can control Radions with my MAC

10.8 Mountain Lion

artpics is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/01/2012, 07:39 PM   #124
mylifeismyown66
FUP&A Member

Tried it for the 1st time today and it worked perfectly! About time I can use my Mac to program my light though lol

Current Tank Info: CAD Lights 18g Nano mixed reef, AI Prime LED, APEX Controller, Avast ATO, Vortech MP10wes,
mylifeismyown66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/01/2012, 10:30 PM   #125
cbort
Registered Member

Ok, a few issues. Just received my activation email. When i got to ecosmartlive.com it said you have not downloaded the connection manager. I downloaded it and opened it and all that BS, just to have it say it again and again. It keeps saying my device is not Connected.

I got it to connect one time, and then it wnet back to saying disconnected.

Any ideas?

cbort is offline   Reply With Quote