Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/21/2018, 04:52 AM   #1
ReefsandGeeks
Registered Member

Live Aquaria fish shortage, or just me?

I'm planning on making my first ever online purchase of a fish (and probably a piece of coral as well). I've always looked at live aquaria for fish compatibility and tank size and just to read about all of the fish available to hobbiests. But now that I'm actually looking to make a purchase, it seems they're out of stock of the several fish I was interested in of any size.

I'm just curious if LA is always like that and I just never noticed or if there's something going on causing some kind of shortage. I'm on the email list for the fish I want, hopefully they get incoming fish frequently because I'm anxious to get my new tank addition.

Anyone know if this is a trend that has always been, or if it's caused by something else? Maybe it happened after they were bought out? maybe there's a collection limit on fish? Maybe many fish are out of season?

ReefsandGeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/21/2018, 04:59 AM   #2
alton
Registered Member

If there is a particular fish sign up for email alert. I did this with a Flame Wrasse. The first time I waited too long and they were gone, I didn't wait the second time. I believe many people do this, and why the more rare fish never show up.

alton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/21/2018, 06:19 AM   #3
ReefsandGeeks
Registered Member

I actually just looked through divers den and found the fish I wanted! ( a porcupine puffer). A little bigger than I wanted, but not bad, and a very good looking one. Can't wait to get home tomorrow and see how he looks Plus ordering online I had to make my order $100 for shipping, so I had to add a piece of coral as well. Good excuse

ReefsandGeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/21/2018, 12:53 PM   #4
alton
Registered Member

CONGRATS!
I felt something similar with a small chevron tang by LA offering 15% off of $149 and over. It is like free money. Enjoy your puffer

alton is offline   Reply With Quote