Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/05/2018, 06:15 AM   #26
sde1500
Registered Member

Looking good! What are planning on keeping in there?

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2548422

Current Tank Info: 65 gallon mixed reef, Eshopps sump and HOB overflow, RO-110int skimmer, Reefbreeder 32" photons V1.
sde1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/05/2018, 08:20 AM   #27
Careful_jake
Registered Member

Thanks! I'm more of a bourbon drinker than scotch, so I had a few celebratory wild turkeys.

I think I'll start out with a yellow Tang and softies? I have my eye on a Rasta zoa.

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Careful_jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/11/2018, 08:40 AM   #28
Careful_jake
Registered Member

It looks like some of these survived several weeks out of the water and two months of curing with weekly scrubs and water changes. Red colonial tube worm? It'll be interesting to see what else survived. Hopefully nothing that's too much of a pest.

Unread 02/02/2018, 06:07 PM   #29
Careful_jake
Registered Member

Just an update, since it's been a little while. I now have my tank stocked with:

2 damsels (convict and domino)
5 nassarius snails
4 Mexican turbo snails
4 trochus snails
2 hermit crabs
1 emerald crab
4 cerith snails
1 peppermint shrimp

So far everything has been doing well. One Mexican turbo died, but I think he was just old. He kept falling off the glass and the shrimp would go after him.

My chaeto died. I don't think I had enough nutrients for it, plus it kept coming apart and getting stuck on the wehr of the overflow for the fuge. I'm going to make a baffle and try again. The pods are still doing alright.

I have a couple really small patches of what I'm sure is bryopsis. I'll have to deal with that sooner than later.

Otherwise I haven't had any issues and the Coraline is doing well. I know the damsels will probably be an issue when I ad other fish, and I'm prepared to give them back. I just hope I can catch them. I'm thinking Either a clown and anemone, or a zoanthid as my next purchase.

Unread 01/10/2019, 06:21 AM   #30
Careful_jake
Registered Member

Well I just passed the one year mark. Everything has been going really well except one battle with ich, which was awful. So far I have 3 green chromis, 1 clown, 1 brown tang, the original convict damsel, handful of snails and crabs, 2 anemones, monti, blasto, palythoa, chalice, zoas, gsp, Duncan, acan, mushroom, leather. The 2 anemones started as one, but had a situation with the wehr on the overflow. I now have gutter guard around it.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk