Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Military Reefers Group
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/09/2017, 11:17 AM   #1
BottomFeeding
Registered Member

Reefer Madness

Joey is my name. Retired Navy in 95, 3 years and change before I call it quits with LA County. Fresh water all my life now its time to step up and play with the big boy's/ girls.
Always fascinated with salt water you guy's/ girls show some of the most beautiful tanks I've ever seen (I WANT TO BE ONE OF THEM) You not the tank
Want to start small in time move on up. Never had the time know I hope to have some. I don't have a clue but willing to get one. I now realize I need a hobby and a whole lot of therapy. Appreciate all the help I can get "EXPERENCE IS WHERE IT'S AT"
Excuse the pun but:
"Thank You For Your Service"

BottomFeeding is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/15/2017, 12:17 AM   #2
vikinglord13
Registered Member

Are you talking LA County as in Los Angeles? If so, we'd love to have you down in San Diego County, it's much more laid back down here.

If you want any help with the reefing let me know.

vikinglord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/26/2017, 08:09 PM   #3
GumReefr
Registered Member.

Nice Joey, If I may make a suggestion. If you are going to go in go as big as possible. You will find that a larger system is more forgiving of mistakes and it will increase your likelihood of success long-term. That long-term success will directly correlate to your overall enjoyment of the hobby. Once you have had the success with a larger system then go to the more challenging smaller set-ups. I would recommend no smaller than 50-125 gallon reef systems to start with. There are plenty of resources to help you along. Good idea to get out of LA unless that is Louisiana, in which case, seems like a great place to be... We just retired out last year. Thanks for your service...

GumReefr is offline   Reply With Quote