Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/24/2006, 11:46 AM   #1
Johnic
Registered Member

Port 80 blocked on my ISP

Any one have a linksys WRT54GS. I need to re-direct the incoming port 80 request thats stated in the AC3 directions, but I don't think this router other than port forwarding has the ability to take a for example xxx.xxx.x.x:4567 and re-route it to xxx.xxx.x.x:80.

Any idea ?

75 Lee Mar Peninsula Tank, Reef Octo Elite 150, Custom Advanced Acrylic Sump, (2) MP40, Vectra M2 Main Pump, (2) XR15 Pro, Clear Water ATS CW-50, Alkatronic,GHL Doser 2.1, Apex Neptune El with Trident
Johnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/24/2006, 12:01 PM   #2
lvreefer
Registered Member

I’m not too familiar with that router or the ACIII but if it is a router then you should be able to add a static route, including the port number. What protocol are you running? For example if you are running RIP then you can not specify a destination address. However if you are running a newer protocol you can specify a source and destination address. Maybe try switching routing protocols to see if you get some different options for configuring your interfaces.

lvreefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/24/2006, 12:17 PM   #3
laurentm
Registered Member

If you have a WRT54GS rev 4 or lower, you can download and install the custom firmware from http://www.thibor.co.uk/

Don't forget to reset the NVRAM after upgrading (or press and hold the reset button for more than 10s). You should now have a port redirection page next to the port forwarding you currently have.

laurentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/24/2006, 12:21 PM   #4
Johnic
Registered Member

If I upgrade my firmware will that change all myexisting setting to the default..I hope not..Iassume all my setting will remain ?
Ps: I have firmware v2.07.1

75 Lee Mar Peninsula Tank, Reef Octo Elite 150, Custom Advanced Acrylic Sump, (2) MP40, Vectra M2 Main Pump, (2) XR15 Pro, Clear Water ATS CW-50, Alkatronic,GHL Doser 2.1, Apex Neptune El with Trident
Unread 04/24/2006, 12:24 PM   #5
Johnic
Registered Member

I went on the site...which one should I DL ??

Unread 04/24/2006, 12:36 PM   #6
laurentm
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnic
If I upgrade my firmware will that change all myexisting setting to the default..I hope not..Iassume all my setting will remain ?
Ps: I have firmware v2.07.1

I went on the site...which one should I DL ??

Yes, after you clear the NVRAM, all the settings will reset to the default value.

Depending on your serial number, you only have 2 choices:
WRT54GS v1-v3 (CGN0xxx-CGN5xxx) -> HyperWRT GS Thibor14
WRT54GS v4 (CGN6xxx) -> HyperWRT GSv4 Thibor14

Unread 04/24/2006, 12:39 PM   #7
Johnic
Registered Member

Gotcha...I'll have to chk. when I get home....thanks
Did you upgrade your..and it went well ?
Thanks

Unread 04/24/2006, 12:43 PM   #8
laurentm
Registered Member

Quote:
Gotcha...I'll have to chk. when I get home....thanks
Did you upgrade your..and it went well ?
Thanks
I'm running a variant of this firmware and I'm very happy with it.

Unread 04/24/2006, 12:56 PM   #9
Johnic
Registered Member

Sorry, one more question...do I need to upgrade my firmware from the linksys site before I do the 3 party one from http://www.thibor.co.uk/

Unread 04/24/2006, 01:04 PM   #10
laurentm
Registered Member

Quote:
Sorry, one more question...do I need to upgrade my firmware from the linksys site before I do the 3 party one from http://www.thibor.co.uk/
No, you can upgrade over the stock firmware.

Unread 04/25/2006, 06:37 AM   #11
ReefMeister2
Moved On

I have the same router as you.
and I initially set it up via the port forwarding (gaming port)

Unfortunately, unless you have a static IP (most people don't) you will have to constantly reset your ACIII everytime there is an IP change. Obviously this defeats the purpose when you are away from home.

A friend of mine set me up with TZO.com and configured the settings via the DDNS under basic setup tab.
Sorry, I don't know much more about it since I'm nearly computer illiterate, but I can at least share notes with you and tell you what settings are set to what on my linksys, just from observing the routers management page. I guess you have only two choices: TZO.com or DynDNS.org
Either service will manage your changing IP for you...unfortunately it is a sign up service. I'm still under the 30 day free trial, but from what I saw, I think it is nearly $100 a year for the service - $35 for the domain name (yes, you get to choose) and another $59 for the maintenance service if I remember correctly.
Then you simply type in your domain name from any browser to access your ACIII (from anywhere)

Once this is done, then you can configure aquanotes (if you have it) to access the controller without needing the serial cable to interface the two.

ReefMeister2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/27/2006, 10:43 PM   #12
rus
Premium Member

Do you know if there is any such upgrades for the linksys wrk54g router. i have the same problem with mine and can not seem to get around the blocked port 80

thanks - Russ

rus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/28/2006, 12:33 AM   #13
laurentm
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rus
Do you know if there is any such upgrades for the linksys wrk54g router. i have the same problem with mine and can not seem to get around the blocked port 80
thanks - Russ
As far as I know, it is not possible to upgrade the WRK54G with a 3rd party firmware and it does not support NAT redirection.

Unread 04/28/2006, 01:07 AM   #14
ReefMeister2
Moved On

signing up with tzo.com solves this problem.
I just subscribed for one year @ 49.99
and you get to choose your own domain name
Mine is:
reefmeister.tzo.com
check it out.

Unread 04/28/2006, 03:25 AM   #15
dhoch
Registered Member

Why use tzo when you get use getmyip.com (it's free)...(as long as you use .getmyip.com (if you have your own domain you can use that as well, but it cost like $29.99/year....

Dave

Current Tank Info: 180 gal Acrylic, 29 gal refugium, 40 gal sump, Mag 18 -> 2 Sea Swirls, Tunze 6100, 8 x 80W overdriven T5 Lights, ASM G4 skimmer
dhoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/28/2006, 04:18 AM   #16
ReefMeister2
Moved On

We had looked into that site. I can't remember exactly what the issue was, but I think that it either doesn't include the port forwarding service for free, or it is not compatible with the linksys WRT54GS router. In either case, I needed a new domain address too, and that was included in the TZO package for the $49.99 price I stated, along with the port forwarding feature.

Unread 04/28/2006, 09:48 AM   #17
clp
RC Sponsor

I use www.dyndns.org. It is free, supported by most routers, and there are many different PC clients that support it as well.

Curt

clp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/28/2006, 10:38 AM   #18
dhoch
Registered Member

dyndns is the software... and getmyip.com is the domain I belive.

Dave

Current Tank Info: 180 gal Acrylic, 29 gal refugium, 40 gal sump, Mag 18 -> 2 Sea Swirls, Tunze 6100, 8 x 80W overdriven T5 Lights, ASM G4 skimmer
dhoch is offline   Reply With Quote