Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > EcoTech Marine
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/30/2017, 06:33 PM   #1
intenseimage
Registered Member

MP40wQDs on a 75g ... ESL setting help

We are in the process of upgrading equipment to get ready for a new 120g. In doing so, and due to glass thickness, we picked up 2 of the MP40wQDs and a Reeflink. In EcoSmart Live, I have them setup as master/slave running Tidal Swell. Based on the flow calculator for LPS (tank is mostly softies with a bunch of Bubble tips) it shows recommended flow down at 1500gph (so below what these are putting out). For the 120 the same pumps show a higher recommend flow rate which will still be on the lower end of their range. Am I correct that 10% max would be about 2700gph. I think this may still be ok in the 75 since the pumps will be constantly ramping in anti sync so the flow rate will probably never be that high at once

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

intenseimage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/19/2017, 12:39 PM   #2
zondebok
Registered Member

It would really be nice if the calculator would give you some idea of a % setting rather than just flow. I have the same issue on my 135 where I'm not certain how high I should be turning these up.

zondebok is offline   Reply With Quote