Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Do It Yourself
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/12/2019, 02:13 AM   #26
gandalfdgrey
Registered Member

Great. Thanks.

gandalfdgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/12/2019, 01:01 PM   #27
lingwendil
Man who sold the world

Location: Oakley, behind enemy lines in communist occupied California.
PCBs are ordered!!!

The hype is real. I ordered a set of each of the 4up and 8up LDD-L boards. Shipping gets expensive quick, so. I'll split everything else off into another order soon, once I finish the LDD-H versions.

This order: 40x EZ nano, 40x nano pro, 20x EZ8, 20x 8up pro. Cost was the same to buy singles versus buying multiples (if it fits in 100mm square, it costs the same as a 100mm square ) so I went whole hog on them. Shipping went up of course, but this still lets the boards be nice and affordable. I'll have some available (and will post the design files) once I have them in hand and tested.

If anyone is interested in testing the LDD-L boards, let me know. I'll hand out a few to those in the US (unless anyone knows reliable and cheap international shipping methods for small PCB sized items.

Currently "finished" (more or less, assuming boards test correctly)

LDD-L 4up pro
LDD-L 8up pro
LDD-L 4up "EZ"
LDD-L8up "EZ"

Currently in-progress designs-

LDD-H 8up pro (you've all seen this one)
LDD-H 4up pro (basically just a cut-in-half 8up board, but you know, correctly. Natural evolution)
LDD-H 6up "Blue Six" board (bluefish-specific board, hopefully for direct plug-in of the Bluefish Mini controller)

Maybe in the future-

LDD-L 6up "Blue Six Mini" (with onboard PWM level conversion, and Bluefish mini plug-in support)
LDD-H 4up "EZ" (onboard DC jack and TRS jacks for input, as in the LDD-L "EZ" versions)
LDD1000-1200L/LDB-L combo board (if you aren't familiar with the LDB, it's a buck-boost driver, same style as the H-series, just with the capability of supplying higher output voltage than input voltage- handy little driver) https://www.ledsupply.com/led-driver...uck-boost-mode https://www.meanwell.com/webapp/prod...7866571357E3D9

Back-burner designs-

LDD-L 16up board (I think stacking 8ups makes a bit more sense, I may revisit later)

Unread 03/01/2019, 12:24 PM   #28
lingwendil
Man who sold the world

Here's a link to the current versions of the boards, these are absolutely ready to use, and my recommendation on a PCB house for small orders is JLCPCB. You can panelise these when ordering, so that 4x nano or 2x pro boards will make up a single 100x100mm board, getting you 40 or 20 each. You can also order as-is to get a set of ten.

https://github.com/Lingwendil/LDD-L-...m-LED-lighting

They should be self explanatory, but EZ= onboard jacks for input/power, and PRO= headers and screw terminals for input/power.

I also have blemish boards for sale (the 8up boards screw terminals will not fit due to the hole sizes being too small, but will work great if you directly attach wires to the PCB) details available via PM, or on the master development thread at the other site.

Unread 03/02/2019, 11:54 AM   #29
perkint
Registered Member

Thanks for sharing

I'll probably order a few for a play!

Tim

perkint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/02/2019, 01:09 PM   #30
lingwendil
Man who sold the world

The Nano boards are my favorites by far- Hard to beat four channels of drivers in 50mm square! Very handy for smaller setups, refugiums, etc.

Unread 03/14/2019, 07:23 AM   #31
perkint
Registered Member

40 of them are somewhere in flight, to my address

Again - thanks!

Tim

Unread 03/14/2019, 01:22 PM   #32
lingwendil
Man who sold the world

Hope you like them

Unread 03/18/2019, 03:47 PM   #33
perkint
Registered Member

I do - they arrived today! Great little boards, thanks

Tim

Unread 03/19/2019, 10:29 AM   #34
gandalfdgrey
Registered Member

Hi,
was wondering whether you are still working on the LDD-H boards? They would be greatly appreciated.

Unread 03/20/2019, 03:30 AM   #35
lingwendil
Man who sold the world

I am, just took a break for a bit, too many irons in the fire currently. I'll pick the work back up this week most likely. The 8up board is pretty much done, just going to add a few more headers to make them more versatile, then I'll chop it down to a 4up board.

Unread 03/21/2019, 01:58 PM   #36
houstonreefer
Registered Member

Thanks for sharing

houstonreefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/22/2019, 11:32 AM   #37
lingwendil
Man who sold the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalfdgrey View Post
Hi,
was wondering whether you are still working on the LDD-H boards? They would be greatly appreciated.
Current draft of the 8up LDD-H boards is attached. I'm pretty close to calling it done.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg LDDHPROmulti.jpg (97.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg LDDHPROtop.jpg (84.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg LDDHPRObottom.jpg (53.6 KB, 12 views)
Unread 03/27/2019, 04:08 AM   #38
gandalfdgrey
Registered Member

Look very nice

Unread 03/29/2019, 02:08 PM   #39
perkint
Registered Member

You still thinking of making a 4up for the LDD-Hs?

Tim

Unread 03/29/2019, 02:36 PM   #40
lingwendil
Man who sold the world

yeah, actually. I already started on chopping up the board and going to start cutting in traces soon-

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ZMqL9GRLDAU.jpg (65.1 KB, 11 views)
Unread 03/30/2019, 04:33 AM   #41
perkint
Registered Member

Cool

Tim

Unread 04/01/2019, 10:01 AM   #42
lingwendil
Man who sold the world

MINOR ISSUE!

The first zip of the files for the LDD700L 4 channel "pro" driver had an issue with the ground pad of the LDD v- pins- the pad was not actually connected to ground! I had to jump a wire from the pin to ground and all works fine. This has been fixed in the files posted to github. One could easily scrap a bit of soldermask off near the pin to run a bridge with solder directly to the ground plane and still be able to use the boards. Sorry Perkint, as I believe this might show up on your boards that you ordered! (assuming you did the 4up pro boards)

Unread 04/03/2019, 10:59 AM   #43
perkint
Registered Member

So the Vin -ve for the LDDs is not connected? So just needs joining onto the ground plane?

I'll have a look at the boards when I have chance. Hoping to actually get one in use, but other things keep getting in the way

Thanks for the heads-up

Tim

Unread 04/03/2019, 03:09 PM   #44
lingwendil
Man who sold the world

Yeah, sorry. Somehow on the design file the net for the pins went blank, some funky bug that happens occasionally with EasyEDA apparently.

Unread 04/03/2019, 04:32 PM   #45
perkint
Registered Member

I think you should refund the money I paid you! Oh, wait! I didn't pay you, you were good enough to share your design without charge!

Thanks, again. I'll probably get some more ordered with the correction, but I may wait until you have the 4up LDD-H design. Or I might order some more of the 4up LDD-Ls, some of JoshLawless's 6up LDD-H's and then some of your LDD-Hs when they are done

Tim

Unread 05/18/2019, 01:51 PM   #46
perkint
Registered Member

Been using one of the 4up LDD-Ls for a while and it's great, thanks! Definitely gonna order some corrected ones as I don't like having to frig/fix the design and it is so cheap to get them done.

Ordered some more of JoshLawless's 6up LDD-Hs as I've used them before and wanted some spares (I know not much goes wrong with them, but there is always that chance and they run the lights on my main tank).

Tim

Unread 05/20/2019, 01:40 AM   #47
gandalfdgrey
Registered Member

Hi Perkint,
can you please let me know from where to get the files for the JoshLawless 6up?

Tristan

Unread 05/20/2019, 02:54 PM   #48
perkint
Registered Member

He posted them to a thread on here a few years back:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...222702&page=70

Tim

Unread 05/20/2019, 04:59 PM   #49
lingwendil
Man who sold the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by perkint View Post
Been using one of the 4up LDD-Ls for a while and it's great, thanks! Definitely gonna order some corrected ones as I don't like having to frig/fix the design and it is so cheap to get them done.

Ordered some more of JoshLawless's 6up LDD-Hs as I've used them before and wanted some spares (I know not much goes wrong with them, but there is always that chance and they run the lights on my main tank).

Tim
Glad you like them! I'm running a nano-pro on my dual 2.5 gallon fixture, works great after the fix

LDD-H designs for 4/8up are done, just need to be tested.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg V8TphFxqCfz.jpg (67.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg GH8bxKbQfV7.jpg (96.4 KB, 10 views)
Unread 05/21/2019, 03:53 AM   #50
gandalfdgrey
Registered Member

Thanks