Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/29/2007, 05:36 PM   #1
onecrzyboi4u
Registered Member

curious

Ok i been seeing alot of talk on here how t5s esp nova extreme fixtures arent good lights for reef tanks. But i currently have a nova extreme t5 4-39 watts fixture over my 29 gal tank. the bulbs i have in place are

aquasun-red
blue plus

with these blubs ive noticed a change in the last month with my corals. I have a monti coral and crocea clam in my tank. I have seen changes in growth with these two. both are doubled in size! I also have a Long tentacle anemone in my tank as well.. it's looking real nice.

Ive seen on here several times when someone has posted about their lighting needs what do they need. People have have said metal hallide. I understand why people may say metal hallide. It insures proper growth for whatever coral/invert you may wanting to keep. I feel that "some" people are quick to shut certain topics out due to it's not the top brand on the market. I was curious as to why people say t5's arent good? I feel that sometimes in this hobby people over hype things.

With all this said whats your opinion?

Im going to post some pictures of my tank as soon my digital camera batteries charge up.

onecrzyboi4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/29/2007, 11:56 PM   #2
onecrzyboi4u
Registered Member

??

onecrzyboi4u is offline   Reply With Quote