Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > Zoanthids
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/07/2018, 04:40 AM   #1
dmsprague
Registered Member

Help with Grandis Paly

Wonder if anyone can help figure out what may be bothering my Grandis Paly. I've had them for maybe 6 months of so. They seemed to be doing good and have grown from 2 to 7 heads. All of a sudden one day a week ago they did not open and have remained closed as shown since then. I have some mushrooms, a large, leather and bubble coral along with 2 trachyphyllia and they are all doing good. Only thing that has changed is I started running bio pellets 5 weeks ago to reduce nitrates. They have dropped from 50 + to a bit more than 10 but this was slowly. I just can't understand what is going on with these guys. I have not seen anything bothering them and have no fish or inverts that are even threat to corals.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

dmsprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/07/2018, 07:26 AM   #2
fvandijk
Premium Member

I have several varieties in my aquarium and although they grow slowly I have found them to be close to bulletproof.
They do all close for days to a couple weeks at a time, I assume related to some “internal housekeeping” but always open up again.
Let us know what happens..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fvandijk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/07/2018, 09:21 AM   #3
dmsprague
Registered Member

Thanks,
that's good to hear. I did target feed every head shortly before they closed so perhaps they are processing that. I think I will just go back to letting them scavenge what they can when the fish get fed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fvandijk View Post
I have several varieties in my aquarium and although they grow slowly I have found them to be close to bulletproof.
They do all close for days to a couple weeks at a time, I assume related to some “internal housekeeping” but always open up again.
Let us know what happens..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Unread 09/17/2018, 10:55 AM   #4
dmsprague
Registered Member

Well they finally started to open back so it looks like all is good.