Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tampa Bay Saltwater
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/28/2016, 08:11 PM   #1
Run4Fun
Registered Member

basket starfish

Wanted to let you know my basket starfish is doing well. I'm feeding it Reef Chili I purchased from BRS and it really reacts amazingly to direct feed of this. I know it's still early and these creatures don't typically do well, but so far this seems to be working! Please pass it along to anyone else you know that had one of these hitchhikers as it may work. Also, feeding the same to the flame scallop and it seems to be working.

Reefer XL 525 - 108 g, 31 gallon sump, 59"x22"x22.6"
115 lbs LS, 130 lbs LR
Run4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/29/2016, 05:16 PM   #2
mokeyz
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run4Fun View Post
Wanted to let you know my basket starfish is doing well. I'm feeding it Reef Chili I purchased from BRS and it really reacts amazingly to direct feed of this. I know it's still early and these creatures don't typically do well, but so far this seems to be working! Please pass it along to anyone else you know that had one of these hitchhikers as it may work. Also, feeding the same to the flame scallop and it seems to be working.
I've had two that came as hitchhikers from TBS for a month. One is a baby and the other pretty big (about 2-3 inch tentacles span) and they are doing great. I put in some Reef Chili or another invert/coral food at night near them when they are open and so far so good too.

mokeyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/29/2016, 07:30 PM   #3
Run4Fun
Registered Member

Awesome! Keep me posted if you learn anything new. I hear these guys don't usually last long so I'm try to do whatever I can to make it work.

Reefer XL 525 - 108 g, 31 gallon sump, 59"x22"x22.6"
115 lbs LS, 130 lbs LR
Run4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote