Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Invert and Plant Forums > Mantis Shrimp
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/08/2002, 12:17 AM   #1
Kimmy
Registered Member

What the heck is it?? A creature with a birds beak!!

I have a piece of live rock with a hole in the side of it and something lives in it. Its head is always sticking out and I had never noticed it before because it is perfectly camouflouged with the rock but I saw it move the other day and now I see it move all the time although it never comes out of the hole (at least not with the lights on. It has a beak (yes a beak) like a bird that it opens and closes. When it is wide open there appears to be a single razor sharp tooth on the top and another on the bottom. It is strange looking!! I have had two of my Fav fish disappear into thin air in the last two weeks and wonder if this creature could be the culprit. Any ideas at all??? KImmy

Kimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/08/2002, 02:09 AM   #2
Gonodactylus
Premium Member

Sounds like a razor clam. If it is, it did not that the fish. It is a filter feeder.

Roy

Gonodactylus is offline   Reply With Quote