Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/23/2011, 03:32 PM   #1
clp
RC Sponsor

Apex Firmware Update - 4.05 Beta

If you want to help test the latest firmware for the Apex, then read on. Don't expect this release to be perfect - that is why it is a beta release. If for any reason you are not comfortable putting beta firmware in your controller, I recommend that you wait for the final release.

This release adds the following features:

- added Aqua Illumination Sol Blue support to the VDM.
- Increased number of profiles to 32.
- Added additional network setup configuration options.
- miscellaneous bug fixes.

The firmware can be downloaded from:

www.neptunesys.com/apex_4_05.zip

Curt

clp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/23/2011, 04:50 PM   #2
RussM
Registered Member

The ability to change the username/password from the web page is a sweet addition - thanks Curt!

RussM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/23/2011, 06:34 PM   #3
kenargo
Premium Member

Quote:
- added Aqua Illumination Sol Blue support to the VDM.
In order to get this functionality you must update the VDM module, then in setup, module you need to select the VDM and change the type to SOL.

Click on my name to visit my homepage and access a collection of AquaController and Apex software, tips, trick and other Q&A including a link to the 'unofficial Apex new users guide' with loads of helpful information and don't forget to put a pin in my location map.

Current Tank Info: 225G, BK 300 Deluxe, Deltec PF601, Precision Marine Kalkreactor, 2-LMIII+6 pumps, SpectraPure UHE, Apex, LunarSim, Tunze 6305s. Mixed reef, clam, fish, etc.
kenargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/23/2011, 09:08 PM   #4
sjwinick
Registered Member

bug?

hi, ken,

installed the new beta. everything seems to have set up correctly on the new features (had to reboot, btw, to get the new outlet)

however, i noticed something strange that started after the update. sensor input number 6 on the main unit does not show any changes of state. wiring seems good, voltages ok, yet simple code is yielding OFF all the time no matter what the input. other switches seem ok, but i haven't tested them all yet

If Switch6 CLOSED Then ON
If Switch6 OPEN Then OFF

could this be a bug?

thx

sjw

sjwinick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/23/2011, 09:27 PM   #5
aquamanic
WHO DAT??

If it's just one switch, it's probably in your wiring, either the jack or the plug. You wouldn't test voltage, you would test continuity. Have you tried that on #6?

You can eliminate the plug by taking another plug and temporarily plugging it into #6 with a closed condition. If the jack works, then you know it's the plug. If not, then you have to look at the jack inside the BB.

Unread 03/23/2011, 09:34 PM   #6
sjwinick
Registered Member

that's what's weird. everything checks out. it literally happened after the reset after upgrading. nothing was touched. the switch monitors pump flow and it set off an alarm (properly) because it sensed the pump wasnt working after the reboot

Unread 03/23/2011, 09:50 PM   #7
sjwinick
Registered Member

i did an input swap between 1 and 6. the problem went with the input. (i have a wiring box). wiring and switch closures are fine. it's input 6 that is not sensing any more.

Unread 03/23/2011, 10:24 PM   #8
kentlighting
Registered Member

just merely a request for the next version of SW but being able to see what voltage or percentage my variable speed ports on my VDM are running at in real time would be amazing! I've been running LEDs off mine and have been introducing them to my corals 10 precent increases each week. so small that my eyes don't register the difference. i would love confirmation that the increase is taking place!

Current Tank Info: 90 Gallon reef
kentlighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/23/2011, 10:36 PM   #9
kenargo
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjwinick View Post
i did an input swap between 1 and 6. the problem went with the input. (i have a wiring box). wiring and switch closures are fine. it's input 6 that is not sensing any more.

I've verified it here; you are correct; switch6 no longer is detected. I'll pass this on.

Click on my name to visit my homepage and access a collection of AquaController and Apex software, tips, trick and other Q&A including a link to the 'unofficial Apex new users guide' with loads of helpful information and don't forget to put a pin in my location map.

Current Tank Info: 225G, BK 300 Deluxe, Deltec PF601, Precision Marine Kalkreactor, 2-LMIII+6 pumps, SpectraPure UHE, Apex, LunarSim, Tunze 6305s. Mixed reef, clam, fish, etc.
Unread 03/24/2011, 06:15 AM   #10
sjwinick
Registered Member

thanks, ken !

Unread 03/24/2011, 06:21 AM   #11
sjwinick
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentlighting View Post
just merely a request for the next version of SW but being able to see what voltage or percentage my variable speed ports on my VDM are running at in real time would be amazing! I've been running LEDs off mine and have been introducing them to my corals 10 precent increases each week. so small that my eyes don't register the difference. i would love confirmation that the increase is taking place!

just to add my two cents to it. having the current state of the SOL VDM controls would be very helpful as well. i guess anything that is run on a ramp or has variable states would be great to see

thanks again

sjw

Unread 03/26/2011, 09:38 AM   #12
DeadReply
Registered Member

I have foud small error in the misc page
i can see Feed Interval A 2 time.

DeadReply is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/26/2011, 10:30 AM   #13
kenargo
Premium Member

It looks like the second 'A' is really a D (it doesn't appear to change A) so it's only that the label is incorrect. I passed this onto Neptune.

Unread 03/26/2011, 10:45 AM   #14
DeadReply
Registered Member

Yes is only the label

DeadReply is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/26/2011, 04:19 PM   #15
watsonj
10 & Over Club

I keep losing all my profiles after PF15 I restore and sometimes 10 min later they just clear out and because these defined my sol blues all my lights shut of also the email message creation time is 2 hours later than the apex time?.
The unit is also randomly rebooting ever 1-3 hours and hanging on network access it has rebooted 10 times today. this is a brand new unit only on for 3 days.
just did it again ever 4 min now help again I hate this equipment right now.

watsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/26/2011, 04:44 PM   #16
watsonj
10 & Over Club

I reloaded the firmware it is still rebooting ever 3 min now

Unread 03/26/2011, 04:47 PM   #17
kenargo
Premium Member

Try turning off AquaServer/ You should also email support@neptunesys.com; when the unit reboots it can save information causing the reboot and Neptune persons can tell how you can collect the file and send to them for diagnostics.

Unread 03/26/2011, 05:13 PM   #18
watsonj
10 & Over Club

I have sent a few email I just turned of the aquaserv I will keep you updated It appears it will not keep more than 15 profiles . It worked well for three days, go figure

Unread 03/26/2011, 06:35 PM   #19
aquamanic
WHO DAT??

Is it possible you have some duplicate profile names or very large profile names? What's the 16th profile name? There's something there that's causing the controller to choke when it gets to #16.

Unread 03/26/2011, 06:40 PM   #20
watsonj
10 & Over Club

well I am in panic mode again everything is dead none of the powerpars will activate just running around getting extension cord to keep everything going, i tried the name test and the profiles choked

Unread 03/26/2011, 10:28 PM   #21
watsonj
10 & Over Club

I initialized everything and started again. I am wondering if it is an naming convention issue. I have renamed everything so nothing is the same for the first 5 places I have not gone beyond 12 profiles. I will try that tomorrow.

Unread 03/27/2011, 06:37 PM   #22
pyton
Registered Member

Not to rub it in but I have a WIN WIN here.

So far I have not found a bug besides the switch 6 and everything is running great. I like the updates so far.

One question, after each firmware update do I need to calibrate the pH probe again?

Thanks

pyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/27/2011, 07:21 PM   #23
djkms
Fish Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenargo View Post
In order to get this functionality you must update the VDM module, then in setup, module you need to select the VDM and change the type to SOL.
hmmm guess I am confused here. After updating the module shouldn't the apex have created another virtual outlet for the royal blues or am I missing something here? I still only show the whites/blues not whites/blues/royal blues

Current Tank Info: 225 Upgrade Setup 11/17/2012 72x27x27 - Custom 40g sump/Diablo DCS-250int skimmer/Blueline HD40x/2 MP40's/Tunze ATO/2 Part/BRS RODI/ Neptune apex, WXM/3 Radium 250w Galaxy Ballast/8 39w T5's/Litermeter III/Aquavitro Salinity/20%WC/Carbon/GFO/Vinegar
djkms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/27/2011, 07:40 PM   #24
aquamanic
WHO DAT??

Quote:
after each firmware update do I need to calibrate the pH probe again?
No. Calibrations are not impacted by firmware updates.

Unread 03/27/2011, 07:42 PM   #25
watsonj
10 & Over Club

I finally have it working well. Curt responded this was one of the problems " Did you restore a saved
configuration (profiles) which was saved from a previous version (<4.04)?
An old saved version of the configuration does not have profiles 16 to 32 in
it. After the profiles are restore from this old version the controller
will need to be rebooted so that the profiles 16 to 32 are create with
default info. They will then need to be programmed.
"

I also had some naming issues 24HRS now and all good