Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/18/2013, 02:13 PM   #1
lespaul339
Reefer

My new 150 gallon!

Here is my current tank It's a 56 gallon. I've had it up ad running for a little over a year. Everything is doing fine in there right now, but it's time to upgrade. The tangs are ok in there for now, but it's getting to be time to throw them in a bigger tank.

As you can see it is starting to get tight for the tangs, so it's time to upgrade!

This is my new tank. It's a 60X24X24 acrylic that I had custom made. I used a DVD for size reference. That black overflow just disappears against that black acrylic back! Really looks awesome in person.

BeanAnimal Overflow With 1 1/2" Plumbing

Here is the sump tank for it. It's a 50 gallon bow front that I had converted into a sump tank.

I might have to do some more cutting on the top to make room for the Reef Octopus Protein skimmer.

Anyways, that what I have so far. I still have to make a stand and canopy for the tank, but I'm hoping to have this thing up and running within the next 3 months. I'm super excited!

lespaul339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2013, 02:48 PM   #2
Lateralus
Registered Member

Pretty tank, I love the demensions.

Current Tank Info: 120 gallon reef/ 40 gal sump. Born on 5/30/13.
Lateralus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2013, 03:36 PM   #3
S14Swap240sx
Registered Member

how does your skimmer fit into that sump? looks like it may make things a little tight for you.

gorgeous tank tho!

S14Swap240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2013, 03:41 PM   #4
lespaul339
Reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14Swap240sx View Post
how does your skimmer fit into that sump? looks like it may make things a little tight for you.

gorgeous tank tho!

Thanks, and yeah I will have to cut a little more of the opening on the sump to make that work. Not too worried about it though. You're right, it's going to be tight, but I think it will work. If not, I will put the skimmer in the middle section. I plan on just having live rock in that part anyways.

lespaul339 is offline   Reply With Quote