Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Premium Aquatics
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/15/2011, 09:45 AM   #901
ryanuuy
Registered Member

Im actually from the Philippines and im planning on getting one of my relatives to bring it back for me.

Its just that i was planning to add like another 60g tank in the near future to my system so with a bit of planning ahead, i was thinking perhaps the supermarin 250 would be better or would the 200 still suffice? My tank is actually 160g DT + 80g sump.

Also i was reading up and people were recommending that i get extra impellers and other spare parts for the pump. Do you carry those as well?

Another question, whats the difference between the SM250 and the SM250 with the red dragon II titanium pump?

ryanuuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/24/2011, 05:57 PM   #902
ccradr
Registered Member

I browsed through looking for an answer to this...such a huge thread. Anyway, I am setting up my BK SuperMarin 250 and it's not doing so well. New tank, 265 and fired up the BK at the same level as it was before, 8" and I'm getting large bubbles in the skimmer body. Some small in there too, but too much turbulence with thenlarge bubbles. I have it turned 1full turn to align the dots. Played with the pipe, but still no success. Thoughts?

ccradr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/25/2011, 08:51 AM   #903
jbanks
Lover of God's Creations

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccradr View Post
I browsed through looking for an answer to this...such a huge thread. Anyway, I am setting up my BK SuperMarin 250 and it's not doing so well. New tank, 265 and fired up the BK at the same level as it was before, 8" and I'm getting large bubbles in the skimmer body. Some small in there too, but too much turbulence with thenlarge bubbles. I have it turned 1full turn to align the dots. Played with the pipe, but still no success. Thoughts?
I would turn two full turns out and just give it time to settle in.. Mine will do this after a water change some times.

Go ahead... Put the price on the bag. I don't have that problem any longer :)

Current Tank Info: 180g Custom rimless Starphire, 48 X10 ATI PM T5 fixture, Vortech MP40w X3 with battery Backup, Bubble King Super Marin 250, Geo 612 Calc reactor, Profilux stand-alone Doser, Neptune Apex controller, Ozotech Poseidon 200 ozone generator
jbanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/25/2011, 12:39 PM   #904
ccradr
Registered Member

Ok...gonna try and see what happens....

Unread 07/26/2011, 12:29 PM   #905
wayne_sreef
Registered Member

I have a BK SM300, don't know for what reason the smaller pump stop working almost every night. I need to move the impeller a bit in the morning and it starts up right way and run for rest of the day until sometime in middle of the night. Any suggestion?

wayne_sreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/27/2011, 10:57 AM   #906
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne_sreef View Post
I have a BK SM300, don't know for what reason the smaller pump stop working almost every night. I need to move the impeller a bit in the morning and it starts up right way and run for rest of the day until sometime in middle of the night. Any suggestion?
How often have you been disassembling the pump and cleaning it?

Jeremy B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/27/2011, 06:53 PM   #907
ccradr
Registered Member

Still the same with the BK SM 250. Starting to get worried.....any thoughts Jeremy?

Unread 07/31/2011, 06:34 AM   #908
Creetin
Limestone Cowboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreefs View Post
I think the supermarin is a step up from the deluxe, also a supermarin 250 and maybe a SM 200 would easily handle a 150g with a 80g sump. I will let Jeremy confirm but a SM 300 would be over kill on a 150g IMO
Pat

Actually the Deluxe is a step up from the SM. You dont get the controll you do on a SM as you do on a Deluxe. Plus there is no external SM.

Current Tank Info: 300 gal marineland deep
Creetin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/31/2011, 06:39 AM   #909
Creetin
Limestone Cowboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne_sreef View Post
Hey Wayne! Are both bearings there?

Unread 07/31/2011, 06:42 AM   #910
Creetin
Limestone Cowboy.

Quote:
Still the same with the BK SM 250. Starting to get worried.....any thoughts Jeremy?
Did you inspect the air nipple where the hose go to the pump? That nipple can and does get filled with CA buildup and over time restricts air causing more turbulence.

Unread 07/31/2011, 07:16 AM   #911
pmrossetti1
Registered Member

Is there somewhere I can see the actual picture of the model I'm looking at.
I never know what model I'm looking at on these vendor websites.

what model is this?

http://premiumaquatics.com/aquatic-s...E-D200-IN.html

That's the style I'm interested in.
with the blue double pipe risers. it's beautiful, but not sure which models are made like that. For 2000d I want to like looks too.

Last edited by pmrossetti1; 07/31/2011 at 08:03 AM.
pmrossetti1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/31/2011, 10:00 AM   #912
wayne_sreef
Registered Member

The pump is very clean when I bought it and I run it again in vinegar base for 24 hrs before put it in the sump. I sent the pump back to Proline for service. Albert thinks the motor is bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy B. View Post
How often have you been disassembling the pump and cleaning it?

Unread 07/31/2011, 10:04 AM   #913
wayne_sreef
Registered Member

Hey Alex, both bearing are there and I pulled the bottom one out cleaned it well but the pump still has problem to start and stay running. I sent pump back to Proline last week hope they can fix the problem. The skimmer runs fine with only the RD2000. It pulls out quite bit of junk even with no live stock in the tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creetin View Post
Hey Wayne! Are both bearings there?

Unread 08/03/2011, 06:15 AM   #914
ccradr
Registered Member

Thanks for no response Jeremy....guess you already have my money!!! Anyone else have experience with this that can help?

Unread 08/03/2011, 06:27 AM   #915
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

Quote:
Thanks for no response Jeremy....guess you already have my money!!! Anyone else have experience with this that can help?
I didn't even see your post above until right now. This is a huge thread, and I do try and keep up to date with it, however if you ever need assistance I am available M-F 9am - 6pm est at 317-895-9005, or your can always email me directly to jeremy@premiumaquatics.com for the fastest response.

Having said that, I need to know more about your setup to troubleshoot the issue. Photos of the install would be very helpful as well.

Unread 08/03/2011, 07:13 PM   #916
mrvicz
Registered Member

hi jeremy, im looking into getting one of these BK beasts, i have a 90gal net heavily stocked full SPS tank running with full zeovit system but with just 5 fishes. should i get the BK Mini 160 or the 180?

thanks for the advice in advance!

Current Project : 100gal Starphire All SPS

Last edited by mrvicz; 08/03/2011 at 07:20 PM.
mrvicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/04/2011, 04:45 AM   #917
ryanuuy
Registered Member

Vicz! HAHAHA youre interested in BK also pala! Im gonna be ordering one through my aunt. BK supermarin 250 internal!

Unread 08/04/2011, 06:29 AM   #918
mrvicz
Registered Member

whoa! small world bro. didnt know you're reading stuffs here at RC hahah

yep, ive been contemplating on getting one of these skimmer beasts hopefully jeremy can shine some light on my question

Unread 08/04/2011, 09:24 AM   #919
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvicz View Post
hi jeremy, im looking into getting one of these BK beasts, i have a 90gal net heavily stocked full SPS tank running with full zeovit system but with just 5 fishes. should i get the BK Mini 160 or the 180?

thanks for the advice in advance!
If it were my system I would do the Mini 160, however I know most people on the boards would say at Mini 180 at minimum. Personally, I do not like to oversize skimmers at all. In my opinion, a 6" diameter body skimmer that is well designed can easily handle a 100g system that is heavily stocked. I think you would be more happy with the performance you get out of the 160 over the 180 on that size tank.

Unread 08/04/2011, 01:37 PM   #920
Macropora
Registered Member

Thinking of taking the plunge. What size BK External model would fit a reef system with about 550 gallons that is heavily stocked? I don't like the internal ones since they waste space inside the sump. LMK. Thank you.

Macropora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/04/2011, 03:34 PM   #921
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

The BK 300 Ext would be more than plenty to handle that size system. Price on that one is $2446. There is no need to go to a 400 Ext for that size system. HTH!

Unread 08/04/2011, 08:55 PM   #922
Macropora
Registered Member

Quote:
The BK 300 Ext would be more than plenty to handle that size system. Price on that one is $2446. There is no need to go to a 400 Ext for that size system. HTH!
Appreciate the quick response. Thank you!

Macropora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/05/2011, 04:18 AM   #923
mrvicz
Registered Member

Quote:
If it were my system I would do the Mini 160, however I know most people on the boards would say at Mini 180 at minimum. Personally, I do not like to oversize skimmers at all. In my opinion, a 6" diameter body skimmer that is well designed can easily handle a 100g system that is heavily stocked. I think you would be more happy with the performance you get out of the 160 over the 180 on that size tank.
thanks very much for your input jeremy. ill order it along with a couple of boxes of KZ salt. ill send an email prior.

vic

Unread 08/05/2011, 07:44 AM   #924
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

Sounds great, thanks!

Unread 08/05/2011, 11:15 AM   #925
ryanuuy
Registered Member

Hi Jeremy,

I was wondering, for the SM250, do you carry any extra impellers on your site and what other spare parts would you recommend that i order for the pump? Im from the philippines like mrvicz so it would be very difficult to ship the pump back and forth should it get damaged!

Thanks!

Ryan