Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/14/2016, 08:45 AM   #26
MSHUR
ugust 2011

Thank you Rodney .
What would you recommend for 10 tubes configuration for SPS?
Remember , 13 years of use Radiums 400w made i big stamp on me)
Still think its the best lighting for SPS)
Your thoughts ?

Current Tank Info: Reef Savvy crystal glass, Profilux network system,PS -Diuna T5-10 bulbs, BK SM-300
MSHUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/14/2016, 03:09 PM   #27
rodneyri
Registered Member

What combo did you use in your ATI Hybrid?

I would buy 6 blue+, 6 coral+ and 2 purple bulbs..then you can play with a combo to get what you like and have spares for the next change over.

Start with 5 blue, 4 white and a purple and go from there.

Unread 02/14/2016, 06:29 PM   #28
MSHUR
ugust 2011

In ATI Hybrid i use 4 B+ and 4 C+.

here is my start:
front-back:

Giesemann Actinic Blue
G True Actnic ( will be change to FM Royal Blue )
ATI C+
ATI B+
G Aqua Blue
KZ FP
G Actinic Blue
G Aqua Blue
G True Actnic ( will be change to FM Royal Blue )
ATI C+

Bulbs 2 and 9 is one channel that i run for 10 hours. I am waiting for FM bulbs to try, a lot of people swears by that bulb so meanwhile i have G true actinic
Also, contemplating either to get LED strips my sides or not. I was thinking to order from BuildmyLEDs.com and order mix spectrum of 405, 420 and 450 nm and control them via Profilux on 1-10v.

What you think?

Current Tank Info: Reef Savvy crystal glass, Profilux network system,PS -Diuna T5-10 bulbs, BK SM-300
Unread 02/23/2016, 01:07 AM   #29
JaySchulz
Registered Member

Any updates on anyone using this fixture? Would love to see more pictures.

JaySchulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/23/2016, 02:34 AM   #30
rodneyri
Registered Member

Still going strong

Dug up and old pic when using the ATI Hybrid to see the PAR difference. Measurements taken with the same PAR meter, same light height (22cm above water) and same bulb combo. The new tank water level is 3cm shallower (first pic)

Pac Sun Diuna 8x80w

ATI LED Hybrid 8x54w - Numbers in brackets are the T5 only no LED

Unread 03/24/2016, 06:06 PM   #31
Kbel1969
Registered Member

Are these fixtures dimmable?

Kbel1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/25/2016, 03:37 AM   #32
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

No, this fixtures are not dimmable. 4 years ago we manufactured dimmable lamps but we stopped and decided to go in another direction.
Instead of using 2ch dimmable(2+6 like in ATI for example) we offer possibility to switch on/off each pair of T5 tubes separatelly. It allow Customer for simply "dimming" lamp like 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% without terribly decreasing of T5 tubes lifetime (when they are used with dimmable ballast their lifetime can be shortened even up to 30%).

Przemek_PacSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/24/2016, 07:02 PM   #33
studboy36
Registered Member

I just bought the 48" version of this light for my 100 gallon aquarium that's not setup yet. I decided to go all T5 because they just work and are literally plug and play. I like the even diffused lighting and coloration, and I don't really care about shimmer that LEDs can provide even though it's nice to look at. The downside is bulb replacement costs over time, but I'm ok with it. I like the software and Bluetooth connectivity. They're supposed to be coming out with a major update next month, so hopefully they'll have some neat features and increased stability. I'm going to put a pair of brand new Radion gen 2s up for sale to help cover the cost very soon. :-)

Current Tank Info: 187 60"x30"x24" system in process
studboy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/20/2016, 01:36 PM   #34
dcmartinpc
Registered Member

I will be joining the club when my new Pacific Sun Diuna 10x54w arrives sometime next week! Still working on bulb combos. Much like MSHUR, I am coming from 400w Radiums on PFO HQI ballasts and 2 x Blue+ and 2 x Giesemann Pure Actinic. Below are the bulb combos I posted in the T5 thread, but I am curious about opinions here. Please let me know your thoughts and experiences. Anyone have any updated pics with the Diuna?

1 other quick note. I currently have 4 54w T5s on my light rack in retro kits. I measured between the farthest outside pair and it is just over 25.5 inches. So I think I have just enough room to sneak the Diuna between them and I could use the outside retros for Actinic supplementation or otherwise. They are on the very edges of the tank, and they have actinics in them today and could be useful for nighttime viewing if nothing else...

Thanks!

Combo 1:

Coral+
Blue+
Fiji Purple
Blue+
Giesemann Tropic (I am assuming this is the same bulb as their old Midday)
Blue+
Coral+
Fiji Purple
Blue+
Coral+

Combo 2:

Blue+
Coral+
Blue+
Fiji Purple
Blue+
Giesemann Tropic
Fiji Purple
Blue+
Coral+
Blue+

Combo 3:

Blue+
Coral+
Blue+
Fiji Purple
Blue+
Coral+
Fiji Purple
Blue+
Coral+
Blue+

Current Tank Info: 225G 5x3x2, 2 x 400w Radium on Dual PFO HQI, 2-Blue+, 2-Actinic, 2 x MP40w ES, 2 x Maxspect Gyre and 60 Cube LPS, 6-Blue+, 2-Purple+, 2xMP40w ES. Common 150 Rubbermaid sump. All driven with an Apex.
dcmartinpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/20/2016, 02:19 PM   #35
MSHUR
ugust 2011

i would do combo 3

Unread 08/20/2016, 05:03 PM   #36
JaySchulz
Registered Member

How's the software working for everyone with this light. The biggest complaint I see about the Pac Sun lights is the software is glitchy.

Unread 08/21/2016, 12:34 AM   #37
rodneyri
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHUR View Post
i would do combo 3
Yep id go the same option too.

Unread 08/21/2016, 12:35 AM   #38
rodneyri
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySchulz View Post
How's the software working for everyone with this light. The biggest complaint I see about the Pac Sun lights is the software is glitchy.
Mine hasnt crashed, havent used for a while cause the light is setup. Im running Win10 on a Sony Vaio to connect to the light.

Unread 08/21/2016, 10:49 AM   #39
JaySchulz
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneyri View Post
Mine hasnt crashed, havent used for a while cause the light is setup. Im running Win10 on a Sony Vaio to connect to the light.
I appreciate your feedback Rodney. What's your thoughts on the Diuna vs a sunpower.

Unread 08/21/2016, 10:55 AM   #40
dcmartinpc
Registered Member

I know you asked Rodney But... From all the research I have done, the Diuna is on par with or potentially even slightly better than a ATI Powermodule. It's in a different class compared to the Sunpower.

But that's just anecdotal research on my side. Rodney did post some pics earlier in this thread comparing a Powermodule to the Diuna and the numbers were very close with the same bulb combo.

Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 225G 5x3x2, 2 x 400w Radium on Dual PFO HQI, 2-Blue+, 2-Actinic, 2 x MP40w ES, 2 x Maxspect Gyre and 60 Cube LPS, 6-Blue+, 2-Purple+, 2xMP40w ES. Common 150 Rubbermaid sump. All driven with an Apex.
Unread 08/21/2016, 01:39 PM   #41
MSHUR
ugust 2011

i have to agree with rodney on this one. PAR are very similar. In my testing numbers on the sand was lower in Diuna..maybe this has to do with different type of reflectors cause i use same ballasts what ati uses.

Unread 08/21/2016, 03:19 PM   #42
rodneyri
Registered Member

Hye Jay as the others have said the Diuna is more inline with the Powermodule, saying that the Sunpower isnt far behind and is a kick ar$e light. If there was only one reason to take the Diuna over the others that would be for turning the light on in banks of two.

Looking to change to a sunpower?

Unread 08/21/2016, 04:24 PM   #43
dcmartinpc
Registered Member

Rodney, you nailed the exact reason I would pick a Diuna over an ATI fixture. That and they are the only ones making a 10 lamp fixture right now. I also much prefer how the Diuna supports the acrylic.

Keeping that in mind, I hunted for over a month for a 10 bulb Powermodule and could not find one someone was willing to ship. Powermodule, Sunpower, and Diuna are all amazing fixtures and I truly believe you can't go wrong with any of them.

Don

Unread 08/21/2016, 04:58 PM   #44
JaySchulz
Registered Member

I really appreciate the feedback guys. I've been trying to decide on light fixtures for my upcoming tank (I have till March so I have plenty of time). Tank will be 72"x72"x27" so two 10 bulb fixtures would be ideal vs two 8 bulb Sunpowers.. I've been thinking Pac Sun from the beginning of my research stage because of the ability to turn on lights in banks of two and their PAR programs but I always hear so many complaints about the software and that the ATI cools the bulbs better. To be fair all the complaints are always about the hybrid fixtures. I also always wonder if the software complaints are due to user error and not actually problematic software.

Unread 08/25/2016, 11:35 PM   #45
dcmartinpc
Registered Member

Pasific sun Diuna t5 users

OK I am officially a member of the club! Please ignore the mostly empty and dirty tank. Stabilizing the tank before I start loading up on SPS again!

Here are some quick before and after pics. Please note these are from my phone and the T5 is definitely shifted to purple/red a bit from reality but it is definitely sharper and more saturated in real life than the previous light setup. I am coming from Dual 400w radiums, 2xBlue+, and 2xActinic.

Tank Dimensions: 60x36x24

Diuna Bulb Combo:

Blue+
Fiji Purple
Coral+
Blue+
Giesemann Tropic
Blue+
Blue+
Coral+
Fiji Purple
Blue+

Before

For some reason the Radiums come through looking almost foggy when photographed with the iPhone.

After with Diuna 10x54w

I could not be happier! And my power usage for lighting appears to be about 1/3 what it was before!

I will post some more pics tomorrow once everything wakes up. I took the Diuna pics after normal lights out and most everyone was already off to bed.

Don

Last edited by dcmartinpc; 08/25/2016 at 11:45 PM.
Unread 09/05/2016, 01:05 PM   #46
jaymack750
Registered Member

I recently received my light and it is awesome! i ordered it in black and it was wroth the wait! I ordered the 8x80 watt and it does the trick. the only problems i had was the software for mac doesn't give you all features like the bulb life page,the day time lighting graph etc.like the PC software that comes on the disk with the fixture but you can control it pretty well with the mac software. I just used an old laptop and ran it on that..No biggie. This my first T5 fixture as I'm running 3 AI hydra 52's on my 220 gal mixed reef. This fixture is on my new 105 rimless which is gonna be primarily SPS dominated. Any suggestions on on bulb combinations?

tank info:220gal mixed reef-AI hydra 52's-aquaC ev-240-maxspect gyres-trigger systems emerald 36-apex controller-apex dos

jaymack750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/07/2016, 01:02 AM   #47
Kbel1969
Registered Member

Finally got mine last week. Black 8x54. Can't wait to hook everything up. It took forever to get. 2 1/2 months

Kbel1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/07/2016, 11:42 AM   #48
jaymack750
Registered Member

Did you get it from Aquatica in tinleypark??

jaymack750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/07/2016, 12:34 PM   #49
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymack750 View Post
I recently received my light and it is awesome! i ordered it in black and it was wroth the wait! I ordered the 8x80 watt and it does the trick. the only problems i had was the software for mac doesn't give you all features like the bulb life page,the day time lighting graph etc.like the PC software that comes on the disk with the fixture but you can control it pretty well with the mac software. I just used an old laptop and ran it on that..No biggie. This my first T5 fixture as I'm running 3 AI hydra 52's on my 220 gal mixed reef. This fixture is on my new 105 rimless which is gonna be primarily SPS dominated. Any suggestions on on bulb combinations?

tank info:220gal mixed reef-AI hydra 52's-aquaC ev-240-maxspect gyres-trigger systems emerald 36-apex controller-apex dos
Hi
Depending of your stock - for SPS dominated tank for most intensive pigmentation we suggest - for 8 tubes combo:
5 pcs Blue(like Crystal Blue PS, Blue Plus ATI etc)
2pcs Spectra+(or Coral+)
1pcs Shallow Water/Aquablue Special or Pigment INT/ATI Purple Plus(however Pigment INT is less pink and for me looks better)
I'm sure that you will like it

Regards

Przemek

Przemek_PacSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/07/2016, 01:39 PM   #50
MSHUR
ugust 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek_PacSun View Post
Hi
Depending of your stock - for SPS dominated tank for most intensive pigmentation we suggest - for 8 tubes combo:
5 pcs Blue(like Crystal Blue PS, Blue Plus ATI etc)
2pcs Spectra+(or Coral+)
1pcs Shallow Water/Aquablue Special or Pigment INT/ATI Purple Plus(however Pigment INT is less pink and for me looks better)
I'm sure that you will like it

Regards

Przemek
Hi Przemek

what you recommend for 10 bulbs?

mike