Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Photography
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/15/2014, 03:04 AM   #1
IPT
Registered Member

Kennicott

Got away for the weekend again. It's been forever it seems like since I've had time to get away and actually take some images like I used to be able too. Being self employed is not all it's cracked up to be.

Anyway, aside from the sound of a $1200 lens hitting the ground (and yes the subsequent damage that occurred) our trip was good. Oddly it was my first trip to the mines where I didn't see a bear. Then tonight one's in my front yard eating flowers! Wouldn't you know the lens I wanted was smashed, the other camera had a lens on that was too long, and by the time I swapped it my settings were off and I didn't even get one image! Figures.

Tons of driving, lots of mud, rain, wind, and some killer fall colors! The Kennicott Mine was from the early 1900's and mined copper. Apparently it make 100's of millions of dollars that by today's standards would have been Billions! It's an erie and you can almost image what the hustle and bustle must have been like. Of course as it gets more popular I abhor that there are actually people there (I know selfish). I loved it when no one was there and it was tranquil and quiet. Still a spectacular place with stunning scenery. It was overall a relaxing weekend and I learned that even in a place like this my wife can be rebellious .

Our mode of transportation from the primitive campground to the mines.

Geeze, my little rebel .

History for sure.

Looking for some diner.

IPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/15/2014, 06:36 AM   #2
Misled
RC Mod

Beautiful stuff Louis. The cart shot is spectacular!!! Beautiful colors all around!!!!

Unread 09/15/2014, 01:04 PM   #3
IPT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misled View Post
Beautiful stuff Louis. The cart shot is spectacular!!! Beautiful colors all around!!!!
That cart was AWESOME. I took so many versions of that shot it was unreal. You just don't across stuff like that often. I mean the cart itself, the fall colors, and a totally calm day with not even one leaf swaying!

I'm not antique buff, but checking out this 100 year old cart was pretty dang cool.

Unread 09/15/2014, 02:37 PM   #4
snorvich
Team RC member

Actually, I like all of the images but the cart shot is spectacular.

Unread 09/16/2014, 07:31 PM   #5
Misled
RC Mod

So are you going back to shoot the cart this winter with snow on it? It reminds me of an old tiller that sat out in a little field for years. It was a tough shot because of the road it was on but it spoke to me. I posted it a couple years ago.

I've gone back and shot it again trying to get it through the seasons. Always liked that one though. A couple months back somebody bought the property. The tiller is gone.

Unread 09/17/2014, 12:41 AM   #6
IPT
Registered Member

That's a real nice image Jesse.

Going back in winter, would be, hm, a hell of a trip. It's down a 60 mile road that I am sure is not very maintained in winter. I think there may be like 20-30 year round residents out there, if that. Then there'd be a good 8 mile ski up the un-maintained road. So, probably not going back in winter .