Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/17/2017, 04:54 PM   #1
Rs Reef
Registered Member

Synergy reef sumps

Does anyone have one and how do you like them?

Rs Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2017, 09:43 AM   #2
FoothillCorals
Premium Member

I love the look and layout of their sumps. From personal experience I can say that an off the shelf Trigger systems sump has far better quality of construction and you can return it to a reputable vendor if you have a problem. I had a problem with my sump and Synergy did not stand behind their work.

FoothillCorals is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2017, 10:23 AM   #3
gandolf8
Registered Member

I had a 44 in on with 2 socks worked great for me

gandolf8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2017, 09:21 PM   #4
mixer911
Registered Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoothillCorals View Post
I love the look and layout of their sumps. From personal experience I can say that an off the shelf Trigger systems sump has far better quality of construction and you can return it to a reputable vendor if you have a problem. I had a problem with my sump and Synergy did not stand behind their work.
Synergy Reef sumps are hand built in small quantities, so quality of construction you are talking about is totally false. Trigger mass produces their sumps and there are hundreds of different people who have complained about the build Quality of them. Synergy'customer service is impeccable and I know for a fact they stand behind their work 100%.

Rimless Aquarium Club

Current Tank Info: 103 Gallon Starphire Reef Savvy Cube / 250w Galaxy Dimmable - Radium - Lumenbright Mini / 2 x 24" VHO / 2 x 24" T5 / 3x Power Brite Act LEDs /2 x Tunze 6025 / Vortech MP40ES / Neptune APEX Lite / CS200 Cone with Octo BB 2000
mixer911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2017, 10:52 PM   #5
Rs Reef
Registered Member

I ordered a cl44 white/red and the matching ato reservoir. I’m really looking forward to it . I did 1 experience with there customer service so far and it was great !

Rs Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/19/2017, 10:16 AM   #6
FoothillCorals
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixer911 View Post
Synergy Reef sumps are hand built in small quantities, so quality of construction you are talking about is totally false. Trigger mass produces their sumps and there are hundreds of different people who have complained about the build Quality of them. Synergy'customer service is impeccable and I know for a fact they stand behind their work 100%.
Yah That is what I thought. I It was my fault. I purchased the sump and did not unpackage it for over a year so it out of warranty when I opened it. It had two large voids over an inch long in two opposing bottom corners (he never ran the glue all the way across the joint) Shotty workmanship at best I had to repair it myself not cool on something that expensive.

I looked at A trigger systems sump at my LFS the other day and could not find a single bubble. FAR better built that my Synergey sump and top off res. both have MANY bubbles in the seams.

And yes there customer service is awesome until you have a problem.

Last edited by FoothillCorals; 11/19/2017 at 10:21 AM.
FoothillCorals is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/19/2017, 07:21 PM   #7
bezlar
Registered Member

I like mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bezlar is offline   Reply With Quote