Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/18/2008, 10:58 PM   #1
FelipeRB
Registered Member

Help!! Vortech MP20 vs Tunze nanostream 6105.

hi!!! i have a 55 gal reef, sps dominated. and i wanna change mi power heats, actualy actualy use only two powerheat rotating feature of 270 gal every one , and i have a eheim 1260 to return of the sump whit a squid.

I like so much the Vortech , i never have see one physically, and i have some cuestiĆ³ns to decide if its the better for me, especially talk about the controlers or drivers.

1: It have not nocturnal mode: How much important is the nocturnal mode on the reef?

2: On the mode preprogramaded only can set +/- the flow, or to the time or frequency of the mode?

2.1: if not is posible set the time or duration of the mode, could you say me haw many minuts or secons is every mode ( ReefCrest and lagoon )?

3: is really not necesary the directional to have a good current whit the Vortech

3: What do oyu think is better the VortechMP20 or a tunze turbelle 6105

I will apreceate so much your commens!

Thanks
Felipe.

FelipeRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/19/2008, 07:38 AM   #2
EcoTech Marine
RC Sponsor

Hello Felipe,

I will provide answers for the questions you have asked regarding functionality of the pump but will leave the opinion based posting to other reefers in this forum:

1) The MP40w and MP20 now have a night mode which turns the pumps down to 50% speed for 10 hours after setting it.

2) On constant speed mode, reefcrest and lagoon random mode, you can adjust the speed of the pump only and the algorithm does the rest for you.

2.1) On short and long pulse modes you set both the speed and frequency of the pulse. Short pulse mode varies between .2 and 2 seconds and long pulse varies between 2 seconds and one minute.

3) The flow generated by the VorTech is so wide that directing the pump is not needed or recommended.

Please feel free to stop by our forum if you have any other questions.

-Tim

President
EcoTech Marine
www.ecotechmarine.com

If the above information doesn't help you, please contact us at 1-800-785-0338 ext. 2 or by e-mailing [email]support@ecotech
EcoTech Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/19/2008, 09:32 AM   #3
FelipeRB
Registered Member

great Tim!! the nigth mode is great, but it is automatic setting by a timer or manually every night?

thanks for you atention! could you give me the link of your forum.

FelipeRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/19/2008, 09:48 AM   #4
EcoTech Marine
RC Sponsor

Hello Filipe,

Our forum can be found here: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/fo...s=&forumid=501

The night mode only needs to be set once and then it will run every night until power is cycled to the pump.

-Tim

President
EcoTech Marine
www.ecotechmarine.com

If the above information doesn't help you, please contact us at 1-800-785-0338 ext. 2 or by e-mailing [email]support@ecotech
EcoTech Marine is offline   Reply With Quote