Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/15/2011, 11:49 AM   #1
Pyrocide
Registered Member

Looking for a custom light housing manufacturer

I am currently in the process of rebuilding my LED fixture and adding 4x36w T5 bulbs with Icecap Reflectors. However, I have no come across anyone that can build a housing to the dimensions I need.

My current set up:

Heatsink is 10x30x1, 4x Meanwell 60-48D, 48 Cree LEDs 4x 120mm fans.

I am wanting to add 4x 36" T5. My current housing is only 12" wide with barley any room to stick any fingers on the sides.

Firstly I guess I should ask, what parts will I need to make this happen. I realize Ill need endcaps and a ballast, obviously bulbs, but what brand of endcaps, what brand ballast?

I am almost positive I will be going with (2 actinic, 1 10k) ATI or Geisemann and a ZR Fiji purple for the bulb choices.

As well, is there any manufacturer of light housings/hoods that can make a custom size?

Thanks for the help.

FYI, been a long time lurker, but the other forums I am apart of don't seem to have the answer to the housing. Thanks for the input again.

Last edited by Pyrocide; 03/15/2011 at 11:57 AM.
Pyrocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/16/2011, 09:12 AM   #2
Pyrocide
Registered Member

Anyone have anything to add?

Pyrocide is offline   Reply With Quote