Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Invert and Plant Forums > Cephalopods
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/18/2015, 10:31 AM   #1
Plasticmask
Registered Member

Wink Trevor.

This is his second day, we aren't hassling him with a camera just yet but in a few weeks, I'll be setting something up.

He's an O. Vulgaris, looks to be barely three months old.

He was purchased after extensive study and research on our part at home, we watched him at the Fish Store the entire time he was in quarantine, and when he went up for sale I met them as they were opening up the other day and I bought him.

He is currently residing in a three gallon Pet Carrier that is holding down a bit of screening with it's tight fitting lid. That in turn, is sitting inside of his 36g bowfront. Once he's big enough that escaping becomes a little less of an issue (only a little less mind you), then he will be released from that box into the tank, and languish therein until his 55g Long is nice and ready for him, in a year or so.

This is his second full day here. So far, he seems to like The Rockford Files and watches it with me. He eats Krill right out of our fingers. He likes to bounce around and make strange shapes while briefly holding himself up with only one tentacle. THAT scared us, but he's just "clowning" we learned.

So. All is well so far with Trevor. Hope you guys don't mind that we share him with you.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trevor.jpg (92.2 KB, 130 views)
Plasticmask is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/20/2015, 10:40 AM   #2
Plasticmask
Registered Member

Okay, more later because we have found out why our Red Serpent Starfish seemed to dislike our Octopus. But for now, the update is that Trevor is a PIG.
I have to buy more water today.

Unread 04/20/2015, 11:36 PM   #3
Plasticmask
Registered Member

Okay, now there's an issue with his Species ID. After posting on another Forum, a Ceph owner thinks Trevor isn't a Vulgaris. So now we're basically on Emotional Hold until we get this sudden issue solved and behind us (again).

Unread 04/22/2015, 05:48 AM   #4
Sugar Magnolia
Registered Member

Nice! Can you post some more pics of his set up?

The only thing to fear is fear itself....and spiders.
Sugar Magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/24/2015, 09:42 AM   #5
Plasticmask
Registered Member

I guess the Moderators are the only ones here who actually are going to ever respond.
Nothing against Moderators, obviously.
I am looking for someone who might have owned one of these.
Going to move on, try other places.
Take care, enjoy your weekend