Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/27/2018, 09:18 PM   #3976
theshaman
Registered Member

Hi powermodule users. I am curious about what you guys have your led settings at. Do you use the red led or leave it off completely?
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/07/2018, 04:04 AM   #3977
Jay Ellul
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshaman View Post
Hi powermodule users. I am curious about what you guys have your led settings at. Do you use the red led or leave it off completely?
Thanks!

I have red set to 25% and all others 100%

Unread 08/07/2018, 04:07 AM   #3978
Jay Ellul
Registered Member

This is combo I have. Looks very nice. Pretty blue heavy.

Unread 08/16/2018, 06:08 PM   #3979
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Hello folks, for those of you with the WiFi LED Powermodule, please review this blog post!

https://www.atinorthamerica.com/wifi...rmware-update/

Current Tank Info: 175g mixed powered by an ATI LED Powermodule
Keith@ ATI NA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/18/2018, 05:21 PM   #3980
TRobertson
Registered Member

I currently have 2 Gen3 Radions which work, but the fan noise has always driven me crazy. I'm considering switching to 4x39W Powermodule for my 40 breeder.

Earlier in this thread some have mentioned the fan noise on these powermodules to be very quiet, however I assume the fans are variable and can speed up and slow down based on temperature. So I worry those were talking about noise at minimum level, not at max level.

I plan to hang mine, no canopy. I like some shimmer so I suspect I'll keep LEDs at 100% which I would assume will ramp the fan speed to max. How loud are the fans when running at max speed? Do they run constantly or do they run a few minutes then shutdown for 10 minutes?

TRobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/18/2018, 09:08 PM   #3981
theshaman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRobertson View Post
I currently have 2 Gen3 Radions which work, but the fan noise has always driven me crazy. I'm considering switching to 4x39W Powermodule for my 40 breeder.

Earlier in this thread some have mentioned the fan noise on these powermodules to be very quiet, however I assume the fans are variable and can speed up and slow down based on temperature. So I worry those were talking about noise at minimum level, not at max level.

I plan to hang mine, no canopy. I like some shimmer so I suspect I'll keep LEDs at 100% which I would assume will ramp the fan speed to max. How loud are the fans when running at max speed? Do they run constantly or do they run a few minutes then shutdown for 10 minutes?

The powermodule must be used with the cable hanging hardware. It cannot be used in a canopy. You will bleach your corals if you set the leds at 100%
No, you won’t be able to hear the fans when they come on.

Unread 08/19/2018, 05:19 AM   #3982
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshaman View Post
The powermodule must be used with the cable hanging hardware. It cannot be used in a canopy. You will bleach your corals if you set the leds at 100%
No, you won’t be able to hear the fans when they come on.

If properly ventilated I wouldn’t see why you couldn’t canopy mount (yes there is no provided solution but I could rig something up to hold it in a few minutes) and second I have my LEDs set at 100% all channels and my corals are just fine. For reference I’m running a 24” 4bulb unit hung 6” AWL over a Reefer 170.

Orcus Varuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/19/2018, 06:17 AM   #3983
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith@ ATI NA View Post
Glad to hear!

Keith if I download the new firmware will it wipe the settings connecting it to my router? I haven’t had any issues with the fixture tracking time properly after a blackout since I connected it this way. So if this updated firmware only addresses time tracking and wipes my background WiFi settings when installed then I won’t install it. I really don’t feel like going through the process of connecting it again lol. I must say again I love the ability to run the configuration software on my local WiFi network and I appreciate you helping me through the process.

Unread 08/19/2018, 11:22 AM   #3984
TRobertson
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcus Varuna View Post
If properly ventilated I wouldn’t see why you couldn’t canopy mount (yes there is no provided solution but I could rig something up to hold it in a few minutes) and second I have my LEDs set at 100% all channels and my corals are just fine. For reference I’m running a 24” 4bulb unit hung 6” AWL over a Reefer 170.

How loud are the fans when 100%?

TRobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/19/2018, 01:49 PM   #3985
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRobertson View Post
How loud are the fans when 100%?

I don’t notice them over my skimmer and the constantly running air conditioner (I live in Florida). No rattling if that’s what your asking.

Unread 08/20/2018, 10:24 AM   #3986
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcus Varuna View Post
Keith if I download the new firmware will it wipe the settings connecting it to my router? I haven’t had any issues with the fixture tracking time properly after a blackout since I connected it this way. So if this updated firmware only addresses time tracking and wipes my background WiFi settings when installed then I won’t install it. I really don’t feel like going through the process of connecting it again lol. I must say again I love the ability to run the configuration software on my local WiFi network and I appreciate you helping me through the process.

Yes it will, you are better sticking with what you have. The time management connected to your router is more effective than the change made to the firmware.

Unread 08/26/2018, 03:26 AM   #3987
Punchanello
Registered Member

Having an issue with my 80 watt wifi powermodule. Will turn on, can log in, no lights. Started when I removed the cable from the controller unit last night. Tried the factory reset and still no good.

I'm in Australia so tried to log a ticket with ATI (Europe). Basically their online help is non-existent. Won't even allow me to submit. Getting pretty worried. Unit is only 8 months old.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

My tank build: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2647315
Punchanello is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/08/2018, 03:59 PM   #3988
gandolf8
Registered Member

Just bought a 48" hybrid 4 bulb fixture any one got a good program they like share ?

gandolf8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/08/2018, 04:21 PM   #3989
theshaman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandolf8 View Post
Just bought a 48" hybrid 4 bulb fixture any one got a good program they like share ?

I have my leds set to blue plus setting for 10 hours total time. 1 hour ramp up and 1 hour ramp down. The rest of the 8 hours they are at 55% intensity. I don’t dim my T5s. They are on at 100% for the 8 hours the leds are on.

Unread 09/10/2018, 02:31 AM   #3990
jukos
Registered Member

Hey,
I became a happy owner of the 4x54W + 3x75W LED Ati Hybrid lamp. Can you share graphics with settings ?. At the moment the lamp is on the factory settings and I have an impression that the aquarium is overexposed.

jukos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/10/2018, 04:00 AM   #3991
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandolf8 View Post

I’m running two hr ramps with a 7hr max setting photo period with leds and 4t5’s at 100% all channels. For reference I’m running a 4 bulb WiFi unit over a Reefer 170.

Unread 09/11/2018, 08:25 AM   #3992
gandolf8
Registered Member

Does anyone have the 48 ati hybrid w/4 bulbs
That I can try there program ? thx

gandolf8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/26/2018, 03:28 PM   #3993
jukos
Registered Member

Hi guys
can anyone send me the schedule on which the lamp works. I am user of 4x54W + 3x75W LED WiFi Ati Hybrid lamp

Unread 09/26/2018, 03:42 PM   #3994
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jukos View Post
Hi guys
can anyone send me the schedule on which the lamp works. I am user of 4x54W + 3x75W LED WiFi Ati Hybrid lamp
For those of you unsure where to start with your schedule I would highly recommend the default schedule once your bulbs are burned in.

Unread 09/27/2018, 01:34 AM   #3995
jukos
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith@ ATI NA View Post
For those of you unsure where to start with your schedule I would highly recommend the default schedule once your bulbs are burned in.
I have already burnt in the bulbs. Now I am looking for the optimal setting. That why I would like to see how advanced users have set the lamp.

Unread 09/27/2018, 04:20 AM   #3996
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Quote:
I have already burnt in the bulbs. Now I am looking for the optimal setting. That why I would like to see how advanced users have set the lamp.

I run my 4 bulb unit 100% all channels over a reefer 170 mixed reef. My bulbs are 2 Blue+, 1 Coral+, 1 Purp+ and I run 1 hr ramps with a 8hr peak photoperiod. This setup may not be for everyone though as I run very high light in conjunction with high flow (100x turnover).

Unread 09/27/2018, 05:13 AM   #3997
jukos
Registered Member

maybe someone could send me a * .json or * .xml file with settings?

Unread 09/27/2018, 01:47 PM   #3998
jukos
Registered Member

I include a link to a file (*.json) with my settings. Any suggestions are welcome

https://www.ibard.com/d/18c182b37042...33c382a7cd7c0c

Unread 09/27/2018, 03:21 PM   #3999
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Quote:
maybe someone could send me a * .json or * .xml file with settings?

What are you trying to grow, how big is the tank, how deep is it, how high is the unit off the water, etc? My usual suggestion to everyone is just pick something you find visually pleasing with your bulb combo and never touch the settings again. For me that’s all channels running at 100% for 8 hrs a day.

Unread 09/28/2018, 03:33 AM   #4000
jukos
Registered Member

My tank is 120 cm x 60 cm x 50 cm hight. SPS/LPS mix
I use 2x coral+ and 2x blue+