Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/15/2017, 06:00 PM   #1
rtfd346
Registered Member

I need help Please! AI Prime.

Hello all,

So I have a 20-gallon tank measurements are 24" length 16" depth and 12" width. The set up is 3 20 gallon power heads 75-gallon canister filter and I have an AI Prime light. I am having a problem with keeping corals alive. Fish are doing great. At first, I programmed the light using the auto feature.

Upon visiting my local aquarium store, I was told to bring the UV to 5%. CW to 30 % and everything else to 60%. I tried these settings and the corals died. I bought beginners coral (mushrooms, Kenya trees, green star polyps)

I have tried many setups for the light and it just won't work. So I thought to check everything else and I did. Water salinity is 35ppt nitrates are less the 1pp, Phosphate as well, calcium levels are 450.

I don't know anyone else who owns this light so any help would be highly appreciated it.

Thank you.

rtfd346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/16/2017, 01:35 PM   #2
sh4rkbyt3
Registered Member

I have the same light, actually 2 of them. Let me see what my settings are. I'm getting decent growth from softies, LPS and even SPS.

It may have more to do with where they are in your tank? Heightwise? Or something else, I suspect it's not your lights but I'll post my settings anyway. Mushrooms are pretty easy to grow though?

My ramp start time is at 8am and then peaks around noon with a small increase in the blues at about 4pm til 8pm. Lights are off at 8pm.

These are my numbers:
UV 70%
Purple 70%
RB 80%
Blu 80%
Green 6%
Red 6%
White 20%

I have 10 acans, 2 monti's, 2 favias, 6 different colors of zoas, 3 different color colonies of clovers, Euphyllia (sp?) and a decent size frogspawn , at least 20 mushrooms (5 different colors and types), and 1 yuma, 1 Goniopora (red flowerpot) and 1 purple Gorgonian.
36 gallon bowfront and everyone is doing well. 1 bicolor Blenny, 1 Saddleback Clown, 1 FireGoby and 1 Six Line Wrasse.

My maintenance is one week I do water change (5-10%) the opposing weak I add trace elements. Other than that not much else. Tank is only about 2 months old but everything is growing good.

I assume you're using RO/DI water? You can check Alk and Mg though.

sh4rkbyt3 is offline   Reply With Quote