Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Royal Exclusiv / Bubble King
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/16/2017, 12:52 AM   #276
mike810
Registered Member

Crazy to receive a bill a year later...

mike810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/16/2017, 06:48 AM   #277
ReefKeeper64
Wanna be a reefkeeper

Sorry to hear that. As I read it, this new "Use" tax enforcement bill applies to everything purchased from an online retailer who isn't located inside the Oklahoma state line.

https://www.google.com/amp/m.newsok....le/5484813/amp

Unread 05/16/2017, 07:55 AM   #278
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredded View Post
So get this... I have owned my dreambox for a little over a year. Actually getting ready to finally install it this coming weekend and I receive in the mail from the Oklahoma Tax Commission a bill for state tax and "use" tax for the importation of my Royal Exclusiv sump. Over 400.00. I don't know about any other states but Oklahoma has just gotten stupid about raping its citizens for anything that can get. They made a deal with Amazon to get Amazon to charge sales tax to Oklahoma customers and any other company selling on the internet must send a document to anyone buying out of state informing them that they may owe taxes to the state of Oklahoma. Just my opinion.
What the heck??? A year later? That is insane!! I'd contact the tax board and try to dispute that.. Granted, it sounds like a state issue which may be an uphill battle but it's worth a shot.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/16/2017, 12:39 PM   #279
ReefKeeper64
Wanna be a reefkeeper

I'm converting the 40mm return drain to fit standard PVC pipe. I ordered the only 40mm DIN to standard union adapter that I could find listed at flexpvc but that didn't work. The union was too large and didn't have the clearance needed. I have since returned it. Now I've ordered a 40MM TO 1 1/4" METRIC TO STANDARD PVC ADAPTER from bulkreefsupply.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/metric...-adapters.html

Unread 05/16/2017, 03:26 PM   #280
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefKeeper64 View Post
I'm converting the 40mm return drain to fit standard PVC pipe. I ordered the only 40mm DIN to standard union adapter that I could find listed at flexpvc but that didn't work. The union was too large and didn't have the clearance needed. I have since returned it. Now I've ordered a 40MM TO 1 1/4" METRIC TO STANDARD PVC ADAPTER from bulkreefsupply.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/metric...-adapters.html
I am pretty sure those adapters are metric JIS and not DIN. Flex PVC should have some standard DIN metric adapters that would work if those ones from Flex PVC don't fit the pipe diameter.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
Unread 05/16/2017, 04:34 PM   #281
ReefKeeper64
Wanna be a reefkeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post

I am pretty sure those adapters are metric JIS and not DIN. Flex PVC should have some standard DIN metric adapters that would work if those ones from Flex PVC don't fit the pipe diameter.

Scott, I called flexpvc and they don't carry a 40mm slip/slip adapter but they do have a 40mm slip/thread adapter, which will definitely work. Thanks for your help once again!

For anyone else in the US that needs these parts for a standard (not custom built) 100x50 Dreambox:

40mm DIN Adapter slip/thread
https://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?p...n&ppinc=detail

25mm DIN Adapter slip/slip
https://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?p...n&ppinc=detail

Unread 05/16/2017, 09:24 PM   #282
ReefKeeper64
Wanna be a reefkeeper

----------

Unread 05/16/2017, 09:26 PM   #283
Chris_S
Registered Member

Joining thread.

Unread 05/18/2017, 07:57 PM   #284
mike810
Registered Member

Hey Marco or Scott. Is there anyway to exten the 0-10v cable for the 230w rd3? I'm short about two feet.

Unread 05/18/2017, 08:04 PM   #285
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike810 View Post
Hey Marco or Scott. Is there anyway to exten the 0-10v cable for the 230w rd3? I'm short about two feet.
if you are using an Apex, just get an RJ45 extension. Something like this should work.
https://www.amazon.com/TNP-Ethernet-...xtension+cable

Unread 05/18/2017, 09:37 PM   #286
mike810
Registered Member

Perfect, thanks Scott.

Unread 06/05/2017, 04:06 AM   #287
Koestby86
Registered Member

I thought I had posted pictures of my setup here but I hadn't so here goes, a bunch of you have probably seen it already. But it never hurts .

The lights are actually swapped out for a Pacific Sun Hybrid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Koestby86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/06/2017, 08:11 AM   #288
Shredded
Registered Member

So just an update on mine. I am still working on the install. I have the main drain installed at this time so this video is not totally current. Any one know of any dry fit techniques where the pipe can be seated fully and then separated without sanding them down to the point where you have lost a tight fit? Amazing at how i thought i had so much room and it has gotten so tight!

https://youtu.be/xa7hYQI6w1w

Shredded is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/07/2017, 02:23 AM   #289
mike810
Registered Member

Quote:
So just an update on mine. I am still working on the install. I have the main drain installed at this time so this video is not totally current. Any one know of any dry fit techniques where the pipe can be seated fully and then separated without sanding them down to the point where you have lost a tight fit? Amazing at how i thought i had so much room and it has gotten so tight!

https://youtu.be/xa7hYQI6w1w
I simply twist and push when dry fitting. Mark where the joints meet with a marker on the fitting and pipe and wiggle it back out. Primer, cement up to the marked points. Even if it wasn't fully seated when you dry fitted it, as long as you got the pipe in there good, it will hold.

Looking good so far, space gets taken up fast! My stand is 10ft long and that is an 8D dreambox.

Unread 06/07/2017, 07:51 AM   #290
Shredded
Registered Member

@mike810
Looks great! My whole room is only 9 ft long and as you can see I am spilling out the sides of the stand and I still have more equipment. Luckily most of it is to be mounted on the wall racks so it doesn't really eat floor space. Mine is only a modified 7C, so a bit smaller then yours. My problem is my tolerances on the plumbing. If i could dry fit each piece, fully seating the pipe then it is a simple matter to measure, cut lightly longer, then sand and fit, repeating until the lengths are exact and then glue. I use a lot of unions so the pieces may be disassembled easily. My worst piece is complete and turned out well, however, I am afraid there was luck involved and it took a full day to do one pipe run. see the attached pic. There should be an easier way. This piece joined two of the drains in opposite corners to make the main siphon. Each side utilizes two unions and every pipe length is equal from each side, so that the two drains pull equally from both sides.The others should not be so bad. I have tried using some olive oil on the end as a lubricant to try to completely seat the pipe in the socket. This was a bad idea as yes, I think it seated deeper, and it was horrendous to try to get it back apart and since it didn't seat completely, it was no better. I was wondering if Vaseline might do it?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5849[1].jpg (50.5 KB, 44 views)
Unread 06/07/2017, 09:13 AM   #291
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

He's saying you don't have to worry about getting it to completely seat when dry fitting. Get it in there tight, mark the edge of the fitting on the pipe with a marker, when you go to glue them together you will be able to push them further in since the glue is lubricating the pipe but only go until you reach the mark you made to ensure your maintaining the proper overall length. Even though it's not fully seated it's plenty in the fitting to not have to worry about leaks. That's how I do my plumbing as well and have yet to have a leak. I'm 3 tanks in too.

Unread 06/08/2017, 01:00 AM   #292
mike810
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClownsRCoo View Post
He's saying you don't have to worry about getting it to completely seat when dry fitting. Get it in there tight, mark the edge of the fitting on the pipe with a marker, when you go to glue them together you will be able to push them further in since the glue is lubricating the pipe but only go until you reach the mark you made to ensure your maintaining the proper overall length. Even though it's not fully seated it's plenty in the fitting to not have to worry about leaks. That's how I do my plumbing as well and have yet to have a leak. I'm 3 tanks in too.

That is exactly what I am saying. You don't need it to fully seat which normally will not happen when dry fitting unless you use a mallet and then getting it out will be a PITA! Just get it in there as much as you can when dry fitting. If you want to be exact, simply measure the inside of the fitting and add that to your measurement when making your cut. I believe it is 1 1/4" you need to add on.

Unread 06/08/2017, 01:18 PM   #293
Shredded
Registered Member

OK, i see. I hadn't thought about it that way, even if I marked it and then added 1/8" to that mark just to be safe that would work. I've just never done PVC work where I didn't fully seat the pipe in the fitting. I'm anxious to get my first fill done and do a leak test so that I can start the reef. The carpenter came last weekend and framed the office side of the tank. Zero English (two thumbs up got my point across) but beautiful work!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5766[1].jpg (51.4 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5779[1].jpg (32.2 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5780[1].jpg (39.3 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5782[1].jpg (38.9 KB, 38 views)
Unread 06/08/2017, 05:50 PM   #294
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
OK, i see. I hadn't thought about it that way, even if I marked it and then added 1/8" to that mark just to be safe that would work. I've just never done PVC work where I didn't fully seat the pipe in the fitting. I'm anxious to get my first fill done and do a leak test so that I can start the reef. The carpenter came last weekend and framed the office side of the tank. Zero English (two thumbs up got my point across) but beautiful work!
Very nice!!

Unread 06/09/2017, 12:11 AM   #295
mike810
Registered Member

Quote:

Unread 06/15/2017, 03:17 PM   #296
ReefKeeper64
Wanna be a reefkeeper

Hello folks,

I wanted to share a few pictures from my latest build. This is my 3rd saltwater build in the past 7 years and I am extremely happy with it. It was a real pleasure setting up this system because everything "just works". Having set this up myself, I can say that the Royal Exclusiv dreambox, skimmer, DC pumps, and DC controllers are all well built and they seem to work together very well.

For those that are interested, this is a new style "pre-manufactured" dreambox sump that I picked up in Ft. Myers, FL at Royal-Exclusiv's relatively new USA store. RE had everything in stock there so there was no shipping charge involved and there was no wait to receive the gear from Germany either. The sump measures 100x50x32cm and includes 7 sock chambers. red weld, LED, sock silencers, and water leveler. RE gave a discount since I picked everything up at their warehouse. The body of the sump and all clear covers are made of a heavy duty PVC that is built to last. Not only that, the skimmer and pumps really are as near silent as everyone else says they are. With the DC controllers, the skimmer and return water flow was extremely easy to dial in. The only issue I ran into is that the three 1" PVC drain pipes from my bean animal returns didn't fit the metric receiver pipes that are built into the back left corner of the sump. I had to find adapters on my own. I believe RE is planning to offer adapters.

Skimmer: RE Double Cone 180 w/RedDevil3 50w pump
Sump: RE Dreambox filter system 100x50x35cm
Return Pump: RE w/RedDevil3 80w pump
Tank: Reef Savvy 110gal

Tank with temporary lighting

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1file1.jpg (44.5 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpg file-1.jpg (33.3 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg 1file-3.jpg (32.8 KB, 186 views)
File Type: jpg 2file-4.jpg (36.5 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg 3 file-5.jpg (36.0 KB, 179 views)

Last edited by ReefKeeper64; 06/15/2017 at 04:02 PM.
ReefKeeper64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/20/2017, 02:34 PM   #297
jporter
Registered Member

Dreambox on Elos 120XL

Here is a picture of my dream box that's responsible for filtering my Elos office tank. I still need to do some wire management but it's been working great for a few months now. Scott was very helpful at RE. JP

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sump.jpg (36.2 KB, 65 views)
jporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/20/2017, 03:35 PM   #298
Koestby86
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jporter View Post
Here is a picture of my dream box that's responsible for filtering my Elos office tank. I still need to do some wire management but it's been working great for a few months now. Scott was very helpful at RE. JP
Looking good, off topic but how do u like the ARID? Actually considering to buy one for my 200g.

Koestby86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/20/2017, 04:03 PM   #299
jporter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koestby86 View Post
Looking good, off topic but how do u like the ARID? Actually considering to buy one for my 200g.
It certainly grows chaeto like mad. I got it since I used dry rock that I'm sure has lots of phosphates. One thing for sure is it's really bright! Looked at a few other models and went with the Pax Bellum. There is a reason for that massive heat sink on the top of the LED tube. JP

jporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/20/2017, 05:07 PM   #300
bkelley02
Premium Member

I have not Dreambox coming Timor and the shipping company just called to schedule a time. Does 200 lbs sound right for a 60 x 60 kit? Sounds too heavy for a sump, a couple pumps and a skimmer.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

bkelley02 is offline   Reply With Quote