Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/04/2013, 03:15 PM   #101
bhazard451
Registered Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfcreed View Post
can you tell us abut the warranty, how are claims handled. if something breaks in the two year time frame how do you handle replacement. what things arent covered under the warranty.
You might get a quicker answer in their sponsor forum.

bhazard451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/04/2013, 04:22 PM   #102
reefaluva
Registered Member

About to buy 2 of the value 120 reef breeders. Will the default layout look like the it2080? Want moonlights but owell lol. Anything anybody would change from the default layout? Love the colors in the pic bhazard posted. Have the cree 90 watt values atm and they are great but want more color options and my acans have changed colors.

reefaluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/04/2013, 07:07 PM   #103
LightForce
Registered Member

My tank is 10' by 3' deep with 3 30" openings, i want 3 IT2080 and i want to avoid any shadows in water column and bottom am I ok with 90 optics or i should go with 120 ? Thanks

LightForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/04/2013, 07:23 PM   #104
nikesb
Registered Member

Heres how I have mine setup. about 10.5" high. I actually want it a little higher

Unread 02/05/2013, 07:12 AM   #105
Ron Reefman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightForce View Post
My tank is 10' by 3' deep with 3 30" openings, i want 3 IT2080 and i want to avoid any shadows in water column and bottom am I ok with 90 optics or i should go with 120 ? Thanks
The tank is 120" long and you have 3 30" openings?Are you saying the braces are each 10"?

Three of the IT2080's should cover a 10' long tank with no problem. 90 degree lenses and 36' deep is OK as far as coverage and no shadows, but getting deep for maintaining PAR values at the sand. You may want to consider 90 degree lenses over the rocks and a mix of 90's and 60's over the sand if you need high PAR values that deep.

Unread 02/05/2013, 05:15 PM   #106
tfrizz80
Registered Member

Im building a 220 gal 72*30*24. Its 30 " deep. 2 it 2080 doesn't seem like enough light for my tank. I want to keep clams and sps anywhere in my tank . If I use 90 degree optics would that be enough lifht and not give me any shadows. The top has 3 sections. I thought about the 3 2060 but thats less light than the 2 2080s. ): im so confused....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

tfrizz80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/05/2013, 05:59 PM   #107
Ron Reefman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfrizz80 View Post
Im building a 220 gal 72*30*24. Its 30 " deep. 2 it 2080 doesn't seem like enough light for my tank. I want to keep clams and sps anywhere in my tank . If I use 90 degree optics would that be enough lifht and not give me any shadows. The top has 3 sections. I thought about the 3 2060 but thats less light than the 2 2080s. ): im so confused....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Two guys in our group buy have 220g tanks just like yours. They both keep sps and clams. One switched from 400w MH and thought he could start out the IT2080's at 100%... wrong! He stared to bleach some corals until he dialed it back. At 6 weeks, I'm running 100% blue and 60% white for 4 hours with a slow ramp up the the 4 hours and a slow ramp down afterwards. I've had no problems and my corals seem at least as happy, maybe more, than when I had 1050w of MH (3ea 250w and 2ea 150w).

Unread 02/05/2013, 06:13 PM   #108
grandp10
Registered Member

How many fans do the it2080's have for people that bought them before this newest shipment. Mine came with 3, It shows they come with four and a heatsink. Mine also only has 3 somewhat small heatsinks 1 under each fan, the rest inside is just the led board. Fixture looks really nice though. Will this affect performance? Percentage wise it looks like the 16" controllable has better heat dissipation (2 fans a 1 large heatsink that covers the whole led board). I am somewhat disappointed, thought it would have 1 large heatsink with the four fans. Still though a very nice looking fixture!

grandp10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/05/2013, 06:36 PM   #109
tfrizz80
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Reefman View Post
Two guys in our group buy have 220g tanks just like yours. They both keep sps and clams. One switched from 400w MH and thought he could start out the IT2080's at 100%... wrong! He stared to bleach some corals until he dialed it back. At 6 weeks, I'm running 100% blue and 60% white for 4 hours with a slow ramp up the the 4 hours and a slow ramp down afterwards. I've had no problems and my corals seem at least as happy, maybe more, than when I had 1050w of MH (3ea 250w and 2ea 150w).
Wow that sounds awesome.what optics are u and ur friend running? Do u have any shadows?

Unread 02/05/2013, 07:10 PM   #110
bhazard451
Registered Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandp10 View Post
How many fans do the it2080's have for people that bought them before this newest shipment. Mine came with 3, It shows they come with four and a heatsink. Mine also only has 3 somewhat small heatsinks 1 under each fan, the rest inside is just the led board. Fixture looks really nice though. Will this affect performance? Percentage wise it looks like the 16" controllable has better heat dissipation (2 fans a 1 large heatsink that covers the whole led board). I am somewhat disappointed, thought it would have 1 large heatsink with the four fans. Still though a very nice looking fixture!
4 mini heatsinks on the 2080. I was a little disappointed at first too, but the light are barely warm to the touch after over an hour at 100%. The Radion Pro is scalding hot in comparison. A full heatsink isn't needed in it, and would just add weight and increase the price.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

bhazard451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/05/2013, 07:17 PM   #111
grandp10
Registered Member

Ok, mine only has 3 heatsinks.

grandp10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/05/2013, 08:04 PM   #112
Reef_Breeders
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyf30 View Post
I would also like to know this. I want to upgrade to one of these for my 40 breeder as well, but I also run a primarily SPS tank
With mostly SPS< the 32" fixture with 90 degree optics would be ideal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyf30 View Post
Sorry for the double post also wondering what hanging kit you recommend to suspend the light over the tank without mounting it to the ceiling? I have very high ceilings and am pretty sure I'm not allowed to drill into them to hang things lol
You can use a conduit hanger like Bhazard451 has, that seems to be one of the best options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL1000RSquid View Post
Going to order a d120 with in the next couple weeks for my standard 29g tank currently under x4 24w t5's, mostly softies through out, and a few sps and lps in the upper half. What would be the right height to mount it and should I stick with the default 120 optics or change for something else?
I would stick with the 120s, mount it at about 3-6" over the water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfcreed View Post
can you tell us abut the warranty, how are claims handled. if something breaks in the two year time frame how do you handle replacement. what things arent covered under the warranty.
We will repair or replace any defects free of charge, if they are due to sudden equipment failure and/or manufacturing errors. You can replace LEDs and optics, and the warranty will not be broken so long as the fixture still works when you close it back up. We handle shipping back and forth free of charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefaluva View Post
About to buy 2 of the value 120 reef breeders. Will the default layout look like the it2080? Want moonlights but owell lol. Anything anybody would change from the default layout? Love the colors in the pic bhazard posted. Have the cree 90 watt values atm and they are great but want more color options and my acans have changed colors.
The default layout is similar to the IT2080, it wil have less reds than his, as he customized his layout.
Quote:
What are your other dimensions, 10' x 3' x?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandp10 View Post
They have 3 fans and 3 heatsinks, and stay at about 70-80 degrees at max power. The LEDs are more spread out than they are on the 16" version, so one large heatsink is not needed for cooling.

Reef_Breeders is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/05/2013, 09:27 PM   #113
Andyf30
Registered Member

Thanks a lot! Ill be ordering one of these soon I think.

Andyf30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/06/2013, 06:25 AM   #114
Ron Reefman
Registered Member

Quote:
Wow that sounds awesome.what optics are u and ur friend running? Do u have any shadows?
We are all using 90 degree optics, but I am getting some 120 degree lenses to use on the moonlights and all the leds that aren't blue or white (i.e. UV, violet, reds and green). I also have the light moved a bit forward and tipped toward the back just a bit. The sand at the front of the tank is well lit and there is almost no light spillage out the front glass. However, I have a rock wall up the back of the tank and it goes almost to the water surface. The upper few inches of the wall are not well lit and I can't raise the light inside the canopy any more. So I will be putting 120 degree lenses on most of the back row of leds and probably even on some of the 2nd row. With the light shining down more than a MH (with lots of reflected light) there are some shadows. My personal feeling is the tank looks like it's a 'cleaner' white than the MH (maybe less yellow than the MH 10K) and like when you photoshop a picture, the tank has more 'contrast' because of the little bit of shadowing. I like it a lot better.

Unread 02/06/2013, 08:26 AM   #115
tfrizz80
Registered Member

Quote:
We are all using 90 degree optics, but I am getting some 120 degree lenses to use on the moonlights and all the leds that aren't blue or white (i.e. UV, violet, reds and green). I also have the light moved a bit forward and tipped toward the back just a bit. The sand at the front of the tank is well lit and there is almost no light spillage out the front glass. However, I have a rock wall up the back of the tank and it goes almost to the water surface. The upper few inches of the wall are not well lit and I can't raise the light inside the canopy any more. So I will be putting 120 degree lenses on most of the back row of leds and probably even on some of the 2nd row. With the light shining down more than a MH (with lots of reflected light) there are some shadows. My personal feeling is the tank looks like it's a 'cleaner' white than the MH (maybe less yellow than the MH 10K) and like when you photoshop a picture, the tank has more 'contrast' because of the little bit of shadowing. I like it a lot better.

Is that the 220 u are talking about? It looks like the lights are hung pretty high. Is that so that most of the back and top get light? Do you know what par readings you are getting at the sand bed? Thanks for your help!

Unread 02/06/2013, 11:01 AM   #116
Ron Reefman
Registered Member

Quote:
Is that the 220 u are talking about? It looks like the lights are hung pretty high. Is that so that most of the back and top get light? Do you know what par readings you are getting at the sand bed? Thanks for your help!
My tank (in the pic) is a 180g and the lights are 5" off the water at the outside and 6" near the center glass brace. The lights are hung a bit forward of the center of the tank and tipped slightly up in the rear. The lights shine right to the front glass and doesn't spill out much at all. This was done to reduce the shadowing in the rocks, get light under the center brace (18" wide cloudy glass) and up the rock wall near the top. I need to add the 120 degree lenses along the back to get more light at the top. If I had an island rock layout the 90 degree optics would be perfect. I get PAR of 225to 250 at 22" deep at the sand.

Unread 02/06/2013, 02:46 PM   #117
BigRedNole
Registered Member

I used conduit to hang my IT2040. More than stable enough with 1" conduit.

BigRedNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/06/2013, 06:34 PM   #118
Clownin Aroun
YouTube name- KNGRNGS

I am having a 50 x 36 x 30 tank made. What would you run on this tank?

Clownin Aroun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/06/2013, 07:15 PM   #119
LightForce
Registered Member

Quote:
The tank is 120" long and you have 3 30" openings?Are you saying the braces are each 10"?

Three of the IT2080's should cover a 10' long tank with no problem. 90 degree lenses and 36' deep is OK as far as coverage and no shadows, but getting deep for maintaining PAR values at the sand. You may want to consider 90 degree lenses over the rocks and a mix of 90's and 60's over the sand if you need high PAR values that deep.
Yes It`s 120 36 by 24 - 435G all acrylic with 10" acrylic top braces.
So there will be 6" spaces from sides and between the lights over 10 foot area.

LightForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/06/2013, 08:19 PM   #120
Andyf30
Registered Member

Does anyone know how much the 32" fixture weighs? The plant hanger brackets only hold so much weight, the heighest I've found is around 25 pounds

Andyf30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/06/2013, 10:12 PM   #121
asgrande
Registered Member

I got 2 16" and the shipping weight was 14lbs

asgrande is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/06/2013, 11:18 PM   #122
Clownin Aroun
YouTube name- KNGRNGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownin Aroun View Post
I am having a 50 x 36 x 30 tank made. What would you run on this tank?
2 IT 2080s???

4 IT 2040s??

Clownin Aroun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/07/2013, 06:31 AM   #123
Ron Reefman
Registered Member

Quote:
Yes It`s 120 36 by 24 - 435G all acrylic with 10" acrylic top braces.
So there will be 6" spaces from sides and between the lights over 10 foot area.
Should be pretty cool. I have 10' of tank too, but mine is a 180g and a 70g hex sitting next to it on the same stand.

I have an 18" cloudy glass brace in the center of my tank and it has very little affect on the light in the tank. Almost zero shadowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownin Aroun View Post
2 IT 2080s???

4 IT 2040s??
Hey Matt,
I replied to your PM before I saw this post. Now your question makes more sense. I thought you were asking about 4 IT2080's over this tank and my reaction was... YIKES! And I wish my tank were 3' front to back, that should be very cool.

One IT2080 with some 90 and some 120 degree lensesalong the edges if you are doing zoas, palys and softies. BTW, spare lenses are dirt cheap and fairly easy to install. Three IT2040's with 90 degree lenses if you are looking at lps & sps. Others opinions may vary.

Unread 02/07/2013, 07:10 AM   #124
alton
Registered Member

What has been the average percentage of drop off in PAR and footcandles after a year of use for these lights?

alton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/07/2013, 07:25 AM   #125
alton
Registered Member

Also I have a 65 gallon tank with the stupid plastic center brace, can I use the 24" controllable 120w fixture and not notice a large shadow? The tank contains mostly GSP, mushrooms with one LPS and one SPS coral. Currently I am using a 4 lamp T5HO light with no issues. This tank houses my mis-fit small angels who can not play nice with corals in my 300 (example: Golden)

alton is offline   Reply With Quote