Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/07/2018, 02:36 PM   #1051
Stavanger
Registered Member

Hi
Does anyone know where I can find the latest firmware for Mac?

Stavanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/07/2018, 03:02 PM   #1052
scybulski
Registered Member

Pacific Sun Kore 5th dosing Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek_PacSun View Post
We will release dedicated containers which will fit to Kore 5th stirrer - but also Kore 7th dosing station.

In the mean time I use the small Pellegrino glass bottles and they fit in the holders and the magnetic stirrers works....

https://www.google.com/search?q=pell...3sPf_P1JcynPM:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scybulski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/11/2018, 11:22 AM   #1053
Griff500
Registered Member

I set the doser for 6ml total using C5, 1.2ml per dose.

I checked the activities for the day after all 5 doses had been done (I heard the last one and it was a short dose) but it says 35.95ml dosed today...

I don't think it dosed that much and I'm fairly sure I would have a bacterial bloom by now if it had dosed that much carbon source, but has anyone had this happen before?

I'll obviously be checking again tomorrow as today was the first day of using the doser for this and I hadn't used it for some time.

Liquids status shows the dose should be 6ml per day and says that 6ml was used.

Griff500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/11/2018, 07:01 PM   #1054
akela
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacSun Service View Post
Hello

If You experienced refill alarm of pump 6&7, please use Clean Memory button in System tab and then upload Default settings. After default settings please recalibrate all pumps and set Your dosing settings again.

Best regards

Pacifici Sun Service.

This solved the blinking screen and refill alarm of pump 6&7. Now the doser is back to acting normal. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akela is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/16/2018, 09:22 AM   #1055
meisam
Registered Member

I’ve installed Dozing Pacific sun on my Macintosh operating system but it doesn’t inject at the time it is set and when I set and save the setting I push the read button it goes back to it’s factory setting and I even see this problem on Android system.

meisam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/16/2018, 11:26 AM   #1056
Griff500
Registered Member

Now I have it set for 12ml total, C5 (2.4ml per dose) starting at 2pm.

After I heard it run the last dose of the day I checked the summary on the main page of the software and it stated 9.56ml dosed for the day...

I now have no idea if it is actually dosing what it should be dosing or not...

Griff500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/16/2018, 04:43 PM   #1057
Alfrareef
Registered Member

Hi Pacsun.
Do you have a stirrrer for a glass 5 liters container?

Alfrareef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/18/2018, 12:42 AM   #1058
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hello, you ask about single stirrer?
Yes, we will present it on Interzoo this year.

Unread 04/18/2018, 04:39 AM   #1059
homer1475
Registered Member

Several questions asked about pages back. Been sitting there waiting for an answer. Prem finally comes on after weeks of being AWOL and answer the last question in the thread about a magnetic stirrer......

Really? I hate to say it, but this was one of the biggest POS I have ever bought in my life. No support other then if something doesn't work then it must be a bluetooth issue.

How about this, get off the 10 year old protocol that obviously is causing issues and get with the times. Spend a few extra bucks and put a WIFI card in the damn th ing so it might actually work right and every time(you already charge a premium for an inferior product, pretty sure you would still be making a profit if you added a wifi card instead of BT). Firmware upgrades that break the thing so it has to be sent it for repairs, guess what you won't see it for months as it has to go to Poland, if it makes it there.

Sorry to say, the hardware works great, the software is absolute garbage. Pony up some money for real developers instead of hiring 10 year olds to do your software. And for the love of god get rid of the bluetooth protocol.

FWIW I just literally threw this giant POS in the trash and will be buying something else as a doser. Heck might even go back to standalone BRS single doser, atleast they worked!

Originally posted by der_wille_zur_macht:

"He's just taking his lunch to work"
homer1475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/18/2018, 06:12 PM   #1060
Alfrareef
Registered Member

Quote:
Hello, you ask about single stirrer?
Yes, we will present it on Interzoo this year.

Yes. In fact I need 3 individual stirrers.

Unread 04/18/2018, 07:40 PM   #1061
intheshaddow
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer1475 View Post
Several questions asked about pages back. Been sitting there waiting for an answer. Prem finally comes on after weeks of being AWOL and answer the last question in the thread about a magnetic stirrer......

Really? I hate to say it, but this was one of the biggest POS I have ever bought in my life. No support other then if something doesn't work then it must be a bluetooth issue.

How about this, get off the 10 year old protocol that obviously is causing issues and get with the times. Spend a few extra bucks and put a WIFI card in the damn th ing so it might actually work right and every time(you already charge a premium for an inferior product, pretty sure you would still be making a profit if you added a wifi card instead of BT). Firmware upgrades that break the thing so it has to be sent it for repairs, guess what you won't see it for months as it has to go to Poland, if it makes it there.

Sorry to say, the hardware works great, the software is absolute garbage. Pony up some money for real developers instead of hiring 10 year olds to do your software. And for the love of god get rid of the bluetooth protocol.

FWIW I just literally threw this giant POS in the trash and will be buying something else as a doser. Heck might even go back to standalone BRS single doser, atleast they worked!
Did you try contacting PacSun service directly? I always get response same or following day.

I'm sure they have their threads on many forums and social networks out there so you can't expect them to chase each issue posted here. Przem always refers people to PacSun service for that reason.

As to their equipment. I think they listened to your suggestions cause apparently new Kore 7th will be wifi operated both from Android and iOS devices.

Finally, about bluetooth issues. I had some with my laptop sitting 3ft from doser and losing connection... While never had them when using my iMac from room upstairs. But didn't like the actual software on mac. Started using android app and never had issue. So is it software or bluetooth issues?

Wysłane z mojego Moto G (4) przy użyciu Tapatalka

intheshaddow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/20/2018, 04:55 AM   #1062
PacSun Service
Registered Member

@homer1475 - We asked many times here on this topic and on any other forums for direct contact with us on mail at service@pacific-sun.eu as we can't follow all topics in all forums and answer as fast as we are able to do it on mail.
If You still have some problems with Your doser please contact with us on mail we will try our best to solve Your problem.
Regarding bluetooth - we use this protocol since beggining of our production (in all products lamps, dosers) and we understand that this technology have some limitations but also have some advantages like very simple configuration.
If computer which is used for configuration have good quality Bluetooth module there is no problems with connection.

In our new products like Althea T5 lamps we already implemented Wifi connection. New Kore 5th and Kore 7th dosers also will have optional Wifi for configuration and USB for firmware upgrade.

Best regards

Pacific Sun Service

PacSun Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/20/2018, 09:15 AM   #1063
Alfrareef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfrareef View Post
Yes. In fact I need 3 individual stirrers.

Hi Przemek.

Do you have any information about individual stirrers?
Also, please help me remind how I can get the firmware software updater for Mac. I’ve searched the website but couldn’t find it.

Unread 05/31/2018, 05:56 PM   #1064
Alfrareef
Registered Member

Quote:
Hi Przemek.

Do you have any information about individual stirrers?
Also, please help me remind how I can get the firmware software updater for Mac. I’ve searched the website but couldn’t find it.

@Przemek : anybody?

Unread 06/01/2018, 06:44 AM   #1065
intheshaddow
Registered Member

[QUOTE=Alfrareef;25447447]@Przemek : anybody?

[/http://pacific-sun.eu/firmware_update/
One of them is Mac update app.

intheshaddow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/06/2018, 12:52 PM   #1066
Spenc3r
Registered Member

What is the latest version of firmware for PC?

Spenc3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/07/2018, 02:04 AM   #1067
PacSun Service
Registered Member

@Spenc3r - Last firmware version You can download from this link http://www.pacific-sun.eu/pliki/kore_5th_1.8.16.bin
Remember to use Firmware uploader application for firmware upgrade, You can download it here - http://pacific-sun.eu/firmware_update/

Best regards
Pacific Sun Service.

PacSun Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/07/2018, 02:06 AM   #1068
Spenc3r
Registered Member

Quote:
@Spenc3r - Last firmware version You can download from this link http://www.pacific-sun.eu/pliki/kore_5th_1.8.16.bin
Remember to use Firmware uploader application for firmware upgrade, You can download it here - http://pacific-sun.eu/firmware_update/

Best regards
Pacific Sun Service.

Thank you for your answer.
I tried to update but always getting the info: not responding

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Unread 06/07/2018, 04:23 AM   #1069
homer1475
Registered Member

Cannot for the life of me get the new firmware uploaded. Keep getting a different CRC error every time.

And yes I have tried the rescue mode. Thats the only way I can get it to start uploading. I get about half way through the update, then the CRC error.

I've tried about 50 times now and every time I get a different CRC error.

EDIT:
NVM I just threw it away, for real this time. I'm sick of spending hours on firmware updates. New doser on order. I cannot for the life of me have complete confidence in a doser that only works half the time, and you have to spend hours on workarounds to get a new firmware updated.

Any ideas?

Last edited by homer1475; 06/07/2018 at 04:48 AM.
Unread 06/09/2018, 11:50 AM   #1070
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

@Homer
Have you sent email to service with support request? If not - hey are not reading RC frequently so you can wait for reply long time...(we wrote that here many times).
Regarding reported issue.
1. Which OS are you using? Windows? Mac OS? Android?
2. Which Bluetooth module (type/class).
If you are getting troubles during firmware update(CRC errors) it usually mean(99% situations) that you are using laptop with internal Bluetooth module with very small output power(Class 4 - 1 mW). They are working fine with your mouse or headphones but cause use cheap radios - not support properly many professional communication protocols (like RFCOMM/Serial) and simply can't transfer one file(firmware file) without signal loss.
They will work quite good(again - usually) when you are programming device(small data amounts are transferred) - but not when they need to receive one file (without divide it into smaller packets).
We sold more than 4000 dosers since 2014 year and IF Customers re3ported troubles with firmware updates - it was sourced by reason like above(we inform about that on our website and manual - that Classs 1 module is needed - or any laptop with "better" quality radio installed inside.
All newest "ultrabooks" are made with highest energy saving profiles - manufacturers are fixed about longest working time and they simply use cheap and weak radios(Class 4 have 1mW output power - Class 1 - 100mW. The difference is 100x )
Thats answer.
If you need any advanced troubleshooting - please contact with our service.
They will br happy assist you in firmware update - they can even do that remotely.

BR

Przemek

Unread 06/09/2018, 11:53 AM   #1071
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:
@homer1475 - We asked many times here on this topic and on any other forums for direct contact with us on mail at service@pacific-sun.eu as we can't follow all topics in all forums and answer as fast as we are able to do it on mail.
If You still have some problems with Your doser please contact with us on mail we will try our best to solve Your problem.
Regarding bluetooth - we use this protocol since beggining of our production (in all products lamps, dosers) and we understand that this technology have some limitations but also have some advantages like very simple configuration.
If computer which is used for configuration have good quality Bluetooth module there is no problems with connection.

In our new products like Althea T5 lamps we already implemented Wifi connection. New Kore 5th and Kore 7th dosers also will have optional Wifi for configuration and USB for firmware upgrade.

Best regards

Pacific Sun Service
@Homer
As I see our support team asked you also about future direct contacts with our service - it really simplify everything.

Unread 06/09/2018, 11:56 AM   #1072
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenc3r View Post
Thank you for your answer.
I tried to update but always getting the info: not responding

Where you get this info?
Have you pressed reset button after choosing file for firmware update?

Unread 06/09/2018, 12:04 PM   #1073
Spenc3r
Registered Member

Quote:
Where you get this info?

Have you pressed reset button after choosing file for firmware update?

No i didnt, i Will try iT. Thank you

Unread 06/09/2018, 03:30 PM   #1074
Alfrareef
Registered Member

[QUOTE=intheshaddow;25447701]
Quote:
@Przemek : anybody?

[/http://pacific-sun.eu/firmware_update/
One of them is Mac update app.

Thks @intheshaddow.

This is really annoying!!!!

Got the update tool, but can’t find the firmware file. Please anybody knows where can I get it?

Unread 06/09/2018, 03:47 PM   #1075
homer1475
Registered Member

And there it is.....

Customers fault because again, it must be the crappy BT card in my laptop.

Funny thing is, I just looked up my bluetooth card. Realtek RTL8761ATV-CG

• Fast AGC control to improve receiving dynamic range
  • Supports AFH to dynamically detect channel quality to improve transmission quality
  • Integrated internal Class 1, Class 2, and Class 3 PA
  • Bluetooth 3.0+HS compatible
  • Supports Power Control/Enhanced Power Control
  • Bluetooth Low Energy Support
  • Integrated 32K oscillator for power management
Oh and I have my laptop(windows 10) to run at 100% power with no timeout when plugged in. So the card is not going into low power state while trying to transfer the data(and yes my actual BT card is set to 100% power while plugged in).

Not that it matters since the thing is in the garbage.

Like I said before, hardware is great, software leaves a little less to be desired.

Last edited by homer1475; 06/09/2018 at 03:52 PM.

Tags
junk trash