Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/10/2010, 01:27 PM   #1
otiac
Registered Member

killing aiptasia

So I have an aiptasia problem, and trying to kill em. I've used peppermint shrimp in the past with success, but my wrasse ate them shortly after. And now I have a frog fish that's eats everything, with the exception of the wrasse cause she's to quick. So what else can I try to rid my tank of these little bastard's?

Last edited by otiac; 09/10/2010 at 01:42 PM.
otiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/10/2010, 02:06 PM   #2
Pickupman66
Registered Member

YOu can make a paste and nuke em. its quite easy and MUCH cheaper than Joe's Juice.

take 2tbsp of pickling lime (found at grocery store) and add enough RO water to make it toothpaste like consistancy. then add a tsp of red pepper and tsp of hotsauce like tobasco. then microwave till its bubbly hot. take out and add water if necessary. keep it thick like toothpaste. spoon it into a childs medicine syringe and then put a blob in their mouths. they will melt and be gone in an hour. works like a charm, but tastes like ch!t.

Basically it is a Dr'd Kalk paste and will jsut add buffer to your water. it will kill any coral it touches.

15 years reef keeping experience in old school simplistic ways.
/><{{{{"> Archon BETA

Current Tank Info: 66 Gallon SCA Rimless, Custom 40 Breeder sump, DC pumps, Lumentek Pro 240 controlled by my Archon
Pickupman66 is offline   Reply With Quote