Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/23/2016, 11:34 PM   #1
findingnimoy
Registered Member

JBJ rimless flat panel 8g desktop

Just bought an 8 gallon JBJ rimless flat panel desktop tank. It came with a clip on internal filter that's got a 3 media cartridge, a heater column, and a jbj 70ish gph return pump. It also has a decent, but annoying led light made by jbj. I went with a 50watt aqueon pro heater (shatter proof) and a sicee voyager nano powerhead. When I bought it I went ahead and upgraded the return pump with a hydor 100gph centrifugal pump and some clear plastic tubing. I took the cartridge filter out, stuffed a piece of black filter foam in the channel that leads to the pump, then filled the rest of the filter chamber with Sea Chem Denitrate. Added 10 lbs of Fiji pink live sand, a few awesome tahitian? Live rock. The stuff is really cool but I've only got like 4 small pieces in there. Filled with 80% water from my running 40gb reef tank and 20% new water. Hoping all of this will help cut my cycle time down to two weeks. I plan on upgrading the light when I can afford it because it doesn't work on a timer which is frustrating. Really debating what I want to do for live stock. Toying with either lots of coral and a clown, which I already have in my 40, or maybe a strange small species tank like a pair of harlequin shrimp. Totally open to suggestions for livestock. This is my 3rd tank . Current dosing with red Sea abc reef foundation, sea Chem reef plus, and bright well liquid reef. Can't want for this thing to get cycled and filled up.

findingnimoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/23/2016, 11:38 PM   #2
findingnimoy
Registered Member

Images are messing up it looks like. I'll repost pics later.

findingnimoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8 gallon, jbj, nano, pico