Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > The Fish Breeding Forum
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/15/2017, 12:39 PM   #1
ginpang
Registered Member

Lightly peach or translucent eggs

Hello , has nobody here had very pale eggs?

A few years back I got two pairs of occelaris clownfish from a relative who was taking apart their tanks... as I seemingly was the perfect “re-homing” situation .

Took them in as I had room for them.
They both started laying eggs and I didn’t bother trying to raise the fry at first mostly because of lack of time and zooplankton troubleshooting I had gone through in the past.

Now lfs is so psyched about one of the two pairs the we might try to raise a batch for fun.

The only thing is the pair #1 Black snowflake have perfect bright orange eggs.
But pair #2 frostbite have translucent almost white eggs with a light peach hue on the first half day then they get completely translucent until hatching.

Joyce Wilkerson’s book says improper diet could cause light colored eggs but all my fish eat the same thing.... which is the puzzling part of the story!???

They all eat a mix of :

Spirulina brine shrimp, formula one , formula two, reef caviar, mysis shrimp Live and frozen, cyclops , reef frenzy, marine cuisine, cobalt pro breeder flakes, Nls pellets and even nori that grows in my feeder starfish tank.

So I bought vitamin supplements. I’ll see if that makes a difference for the next batch.

Any ideas on what’s going on?

Water parametres are almost identical .
Phosphates are 0.01 mg/L higher in the frostbites tank but I doubt that’s an issue.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ginpang is offline   Reply With Quote