Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/22/2018, 09:29 PM   #1
gaby_scan
Registered Member

Calling reefkeeper lite users

Hello all, i have a question about the rkl...so i bought the unit for a good price, it came with a pb4 bar and a pc4 bar, the pb4 bar when connected to the power supply the lights come on and the plugs work, on the other hand when i do the same with the pc4 it doesn't do nothing. I got another pc4 bar and the same thing happens, my luck can't be that bad lol, does this means the bars are bad? Thanks

gaby_scan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/24/2018, 06:55 PM   #2
gaby_scan
Registered Member

Nobody use digital aquatics here?

Unread 10/25/2018, 04:44 AM   #3
alton
Registered Member

I have three units with PC4 bars, not sure what a PB4 bar is but with the head unit and temp probe hooked up to a PC4 all lights and plugs are off until the head unit instructs one or more plugs to turn on. Are you saying you cannot program any of the modules by using the head unit? Or can you not set up your temp probe? I have only had two PC4's go bad from a used setup I bought that had four total PC4's. My original PC4 that is 10 years old still works.

alton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/29/2018, 02:04 PM   #4
gaby_scan
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alton View Post
I have three units with PC4 bars, not sure what a PB4 bar is but with the head unit and temp probe hooked up to a PC4 all lights and plugs are off until the head unit instructs one or more plugs to turn on. Are you saying you cannot program any of the modules by using the head unit? Or can you not set up your temp probe? I have only had two PC4's go bad from a used setup I bought that had four total PC4's. My original PC4 that is 10 years old still works.
My pc4 bqrs don't appear on the head unit, also when you.plug your bar to the 120v source it's supposed to light up , it does not do anything

Unread 10/29/2018, 02:44 PM   #5
alton
Registered Member

Looking at my PB4 here at work the only lights I see are tiny blue ones letting me know that modules/channels 1,2, 4 are working. #3 is my heater and it is in off mode.
I hit menu, arrow down to modules, arrow down to PB4, and then I can move to channels 1 thru 4 for setup

Unread 10/29/2018, 02:45 PM   #6
alton
Registered Member

I think my older RKL with PC4's at home the on/off switches light up, but this one does not.

Unread 10/29/2018, 05:52 PM   #7
gaby_scan
Registered Member

I see, the thing is my bar does not appear on the head unit, don't recognize it i guess, also when i plugged it on the 120v nothing happens, the 4 outlets are dead and the control unit doesn't even turn on, but with the pb4 it does and works fine. I have 2 pc4 that are doing the same