Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Avast Marine Works
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/25/2010, 01:30 PM   #1
cpllongjk
Registered Member

Swabbie Review

First off, Id like to say "WOW!" Avast Marine's Customer Service is top notch! I ordered my swabbie over the weekend, and only paid for parcel post shipping, and they upgraded my shipping for free so I would get it in time for Xmas. That was awesome in my book.

Second this little thing is amazing. It has taken the chore out of my daily routine and thus has nearly tripled/quadrupled my skimmate produced by my skimmer. I no longer have to drip sludge all over the carpet, I no longer have to dip my hand in the skimmer every day or two. I am enjoying everything about this swabbie!

Last, Avast Marine has made a life-long customer if they keep up with their customer service. The only thing that would be awesome is if they offered their Swabbie in different colors. The RETRO kit is available in black/white/grey but it would be nice to order the swabbie in any color available, at a increased price of course...

AWESOME COMPANY, GOOD JOB!

cpllongjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/28/2010, 11:56 PM   #2
ctenophore
RC Sponsor

Thank you very much for the feedback and compliments!

Re: colored Swabbies, we talk about it but stocking all the different variants (6 sizes in 3 colors = 18 versions) is just a lot of parts for one product. It's hard enough keeping grey Swabbies in all 6 sizes in stock Maybe once we grow a bit more and can scale up production to handle all those versions.

Justin

ctenophore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/29/2010, 12:36 AM   #3
ArmanS
Registered Member

Great product thanks for the quick review. I will definitely be getting fitted on my protein skimmer.