Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/04/2012, 06:47 PM   #1
btarbert
Registered Member

Reef Octopus BH-90 and JBJ LED Nano 28

Has anyone tried a RO BH-90 on a JBJ LED Nano 28? Wondering if it will fit without modifications. Seems like the larger hood on this tank requires some modification for most HOB skimmers. Don't want to give up the media basket area as you would with the internal Tunze. Suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

btarbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/05/2012, 03:58 PM   #2
PHensley
Registered Member

The BH-90 is a brand new skimmer and I haven't seen any online reviews so far. I have one for my 55 but I am not going to set it up until I move my tank. It looks like a quality unit at least. I have heard about people using the BH1000 and BH2000 skimmers on biocubes but I don't know if they have to modify their tank or not. You could check around since those skimmers have been around much longer.

PHensley is offline   Reply With Quote