Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/20/2019, 07:41 PM   #1
zaireguy
Registered Member

Help with mp40

Hi all

I got two mp40s off a fellow reefer.i am having problems with one.when i try to attach the wet side to the dry side it bounces all over i cant let go of it or it will fall to the bottom of the tank.
I have tried moving it all over with no luck they will not stay together and run
My tank is 1/2 acrylic he only had the thinnest spacer with them
Any help would be great as i was excited to get these but one is no use right now they are the older white controllers
Thank ron

my wife and I have come to a new understanding! I don`t ask and she doesn`t have to say no anymore

Current Tank Info: 300 gallon main tank,70 Gallon sump,70 gallon remote sump, reef octopus 300- 12 inch skimmer, skimz Biopellet reactor
zaireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/20/2019, 08:50 PM   #2
ca1ore
Grizzled & Cynical

The old style MP40s have a rubber sleeve on the dryside. Make sure its set for 1/2” walls. If so, take the wetside apart to make sure it’s not broken. Most non QD M40s would need s new wet side by now.

Got back into the hobby ..... planned to keep it simple ..... yeah, right ..... clearly I need a new plan! Pet peeve: anemones host clowns; clowns do not host anemones!

Current Tank Info: 450 Reef; 120 refugium; 60 Frag Tank, 30 Introduction tank; multiple QTs
ca1ore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/21/2019, 02:07 AM   #3
bigbpro916
Registered Member

Make sure the wet side is put together properly.

bigbpro916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/23/2019, 07:23 AM   #4
LQT
Registered Member

If the wetside’s prop doesn't spin freely, it could be the sign of a cracked and swollen magnet. Take it apart and check the underside of the magnet checking for any cracks in the plastic case. This will cause the wetside to decouple from the dryside when it tries to spin the prop.

I literally just had this exact thing happen to one of my MP40QDs.

Deep Blue 57 Edge ATI Acro Garden Build Thread
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=25573384#post25573384

Current Tank Info: DeepBlue 57 Edge
LQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/23/2019, 08:21 PM   #5
zaireguy
Registered Member

I took it apart and found the bushing was in the wrong spot after watching a video...thanks all

my wife and I have come to a new understanding! I don`t ask and she doesn`t have to say no anymore

Current Tank Info: 300 gallon main tank,70 Gallon sump,70 gallon remote sump, reef octopus 300- 12 inch skimmer, skimz Biopellet reactor
zaireguy is offline   Reply With Quote