Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/19/2017, 12:29 AM   #76
skanderson
Registered Member

been ready for an update for more than a month now but having trouble with photobucket. I can upload and look at the pics in my library but when I try to get them to link the page never loads. also redoing the entire fishroom behind the tank. removed and am building a replacement sump, removing and sending in for repairs 4 of my 5 seaswirls, and putting 3 smaller frag tanks in the place of the old big one. also adding true union valves to all the plumbing so I can remove things easier next time I need to swap something around or out. if anyone has any ideas about photobucket I would appreciate i

skanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/19/2017, 08:45 AM   #77
dave.m
Registered Member

Just use the "Direct" link in PB. Copy it and Paste it into the Yellow mountain icon in RC's Editor.

Dave.M

Current Tank Info: None. Nil. Zip. Nada.
dave.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/19/2017, 09:20 AM   #78
skanderson
Registered Member

ok trying to link a pic here. thanks for the answer dave.

Last edited by skanderson; 01/19/2017 at 09:23 AM. Reason: trying to get picture right
Unread 01/19/2017, 09:25 AM   #79
skanderson
Registered Member

ok one more try at that.

Unread 01/19/2017, 09:48 AM   #80
skanderson
Registered Member

and again.

Unread 01/19/2017, 09:58 AM   #81
skanderson
Registered Member

ok figured out a work around so here come some pics. first batch are just of the fish room showing progress on the rebuild. yesterday I rebuilt my rodi and got the shelving organized. hoping to get my final 2 sides of the sump drilled today and also drill the other sump for another bulkhead to feed the skimmer pump. first 2 pics are from about a week ago.

next 3 show where I'm at right now. still waiting on 3 more 1 inch true union valves and then I can remove the sea swirls for maintenance and repair. will need to empty the sump and turn off the main pump so it will be a busy hectic few hours doing that.

wont finish up the project until after I return from Hawaii. ive learned never to make major changes to the tank before leaving for a week.

Unread 01/19/2017, 10:47 AM   #82
worm5406
Not afriad to admit wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanderson View Post
wont finish up the project until after I return from Hawaii. I have learned never to make major changes to the tank before leaving for a week.
There have been horror stories about people leaving and trying to talk someone through something, let alone you used to do it in your sleep, now even you have to remember where XXXX is located.

Mice update. I need to clean up some in my fish area. Geting cluttered.

Current Tank Info: Tank:300g Mixed Reef 300+lb LR|4" LS|5x MP40W|75g fuge|5x RadionPRO|RO DB250 skimmer|Apex
worm5406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/31/2017, 08:58 PM   #83
skanderson
Registered Member

I have finished the tank room redo but didn't take pics of it yet so will have to settle for some pics of the tank. corals are slowing recovering from the sump redo upheaval. still having a bit of bleaching or tip burn on some of the acros. some of that may be from the new parrot. on to the pics.

Unread 06/01/2017, 10:53 PM   #84
Andrew D
Registered Member

Beautifully coloured, diverse fish.

Current Tank Info: 350G DT, 700G system including in-line mantis, anemone and frag tanks
Andrew D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/02/2017, 03:36 AM   #85
Chris_S
Registered Member

Whoa, what a massive tank!

Unread 06/03/2017, 04:48 PM   #86
skanderson
Registered Member

thanks. I have one more batch of fish to add in my qt system now. I'm most worried about adding the maculiceps tang and juvi emperator. to diffuse aggression I tend to add in bunches and this time will not be different. will be adding the maculiceps tang along with a tiny clown tank a very small tenneti tang and a nice sized pyroferus tang that still have yellow coloration. will update again when all the frags are in place and the new fish are in.

Unread 06/03/2017, 08:56 PM   #87
sfsuphysics
Registered Member

Did you ever mention how you got your aiptasia under control? Looking back at pics from a couple years you were infested pretty good, and aiptasia are not like algae in that eventually they go away when your tank matures, did you attack them chemically? biologically?

Unread 06/07/2017, 01:23 PM   #88
skanderson
Registered Member

I would say I had more that a pretty good infestation of aptasia. the entire inside of the tank was covered with them. I never chemically or mechanically removed a single one. I added peppermint shrimp, a copperband butterfly, and a filefish to the tank. there may still be aptasia in the sump but I haven't seen any in there or the tank in over a year. I did loose my cbb and filefish after the infestation cleared. even though they would eat frozen and pellets I don't think they could compete with the crowd. I do have to say I was amazed how easily they aptasia went away. I was expecting to have to tear down and start again but were quickly removed by the predators.

Unread 06/25/2017, 08:54 PM   #89
reefzone123
Registered Member

massive. wow. love the magnitude.

reefzone123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/25/2017, 10:09 PM   #90
skanderson
Registered Member

thanks I have some new frags and colonies coming in this week and will try to get some new pics up.

Unread 07/23/2017, 02:14 PM   #91
skanderson
Registered Member

just a test post to see if my imgur set up will link pics. actually seeing if I am capable of creating a link.

pic from may of the 700 FTS
******** async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8">

Unread 07/23/2017, 02:15 PM   #92
skanderson
Registered Member

ok so that didn't work anyone able to tell me what I'm doing wrong? http://imgur.com/a/VsoKT

Unread 07/23/2017, 02:16 PM   #93
skanderson
Registered Member

******** async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8">

Unread 07/23/2017, 04:19 PM   #94
skanderson
Registered Member

ok I think I figured this out here are the new tank pics. things have been settling in now and new frags are encrusting and growing. 2 from my last last gluing session seem to have bleached but I think it is just from the trauma of the move. I will have to see if they recover. here hopefully are some pics.

.imgur.com/4j5wmLa.jpg[/img]

Unread 07/23/2017, 04:20 PM   #95
skanderson
Registered Member

I will take some pics of the redone equiptment room after the lights come this evening.

Unread 07/27/2017, 10:07 AM   #96
skanderson
Registered Member

a few tank room pics.

Unread 09/06/2017, 10:45 AM   #97
skanderson
Registered Member

ive been battling rising nitrate levels in my reef and fw planted tank. my reef has been steadily rising and is now around 35 ppm no3. I just tested my ro water on a whim and found it to 15ppm. changed out all the filters and di resin and then thought I may as well check my tap water to see how little no3 is being removed by my rodi. I was stunned to see the test turn red. looks spot on at 160 ppm out of the tap. just last week I bought a new no3 test kit and compared the reading to my older test kit. both tests read the same on 2 different tanks. so now its time to have my well professionally tested and get an abatement plan. I do live in a rural area but I don't think any wells around mine have ever tested this high. I guess the bright side of all this is that my reef helped me discover a serious health threat in my home.

Unread 12/09/2017, 12:38 PM   #98
skanderson
Registered Member

its been a while. been fighting slow growth and intermittent bleaching of corals from the bottom up. here are a few updated pics.

Unread 12/09/2017, 01:35 PM   #99
locito277
Registered Member

Loving the emperor and all the fish selection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 224 and 720 gallon in progress!
locito277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/16/2017, 09:21 PM   #100
Fishhead61
Registered Member

The rock scape is very unique

Fishhead61 is offline   Reply With Quote