Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Disease Treatment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/18/2019, 10:57 AM   #1
kirkfrey
Premium Member

Emperor Angelfish issues

I have an Emperor Angelfish that has spots all over him. They dont appear to be ich (too large) and have not really "moved". They do not appear to be raised either. I have done at least a few hours of searching/reading and am still not sure what this might be.

I have tried to catch him but have not been successful yet to do freshwater dip. I dosed the tank with Prazipro last Sunday and again yesterday. After the first dose he seemed to react how others described when flukes are present and being treated with prazi for a little. A few days later he started coming out more and acting more normal but the visible spots remained.

Any thoughts on what it might be so I can figure out a proper treatment?

Current Tank Info: Shiny new 240G Miracles DT, 100G sump, Radion G4Pro's, Life Reef skimmer
kirkfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/18/2019, 12:26 PM   #2
HumbleFish
Moved On

It could just be stress spots. If those are skin flukes, they should be slowly crawling over the fish.

HumbleFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/18/2019, 12:32 PM   #3
kirkfrey
Premium Member

how Fast would they move? It’s hard to see much given the fish is swimming around. He does pause every once in a while and I try to stare and see if I can see them move. Should I be able to actually see them move or just see that the spot is in a different place than before?

Current Tank Info: Shiny new 240G Miracles DT, 100G sump, Radion G4Pro's, Life Reef skimmer
Unread 02/18/2019, 04:57 PM   #4
kirkfrey
Premium Member

after having tried again to catch him for a freshwater dip he (and I) are more stressed out than ever. He now has new areas that are not wounds but must be from me chasing him. They look very much like the original spots but larger.

Not sure what (if anything) I am dealing with. Wondering if it is internal and should treat with General Cure + Focus in their food??

Unread 02/18/2019, 07:57 PM   #5
HumbleFish
Moved On

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkfrey View Post
how Fast would they move? It’s hard to see much given the fish is swimming around. He does pause every once in a while and I try to stare and see if I can see them move. Should I be able to actually see them move or just see that the spot is in a different place than before?
Very slowly, but they shouldn't be in the same spot the next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkfrey View Post
after having tried again to catch him for a freshwater dip he (and I) are more stressed out than ever. He now has new areas that are not wounds but must be from me chasing him. They look very much like the original spots but larger.

Not sure what (if anything) I am dealing with. Wondering if it is internal and should treat with General Cure + Focus in their food??
If he has intestinal worms or internal flagellates, you should be seeing white stringy poo.

HumbleFish is offline   Reply With Quote