Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/06/2007, 12:49 PM   #1
this_reefer
Registered Member

copperband

Im starting to worry about my copperband. I bought him maybe 2 months ago. When i bought him he was eating just fine. He went for the little dusters right away. He would also eat mysids when I fed the tank. I have noticed him a couple days back that when I feed the tank it eats a couple of them and stops. It looks on the skinny side?

What else do you all feed your CBB?

this_reefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/06/2007, 12:54 PM   #2
Blown 346
Registered Member

The prpoblem with the copperbands is they are difficult to get to eat prepared foods. They mostly eat like you said dusters, Anemones, pods, worms etc. It osunds like he was doing fine until his food source started to die out.

I have found that frozen Mysis shrimp works well to get them to eat. You can even get the live stuff if you choose.

Blown 346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/06/2007, 01:06 PM   #3
rsxs1212
Registered Member

i put a muscle in for mine on the bottom of the aquarium.. he loves to pick at it and eat it

i just buy the frozen ones at any grocery store.

Current Tank Info: 75g RR,asm g3, eheim 1250, 2 1200's one highflow maxistream mod (may do another or med flow.) , 30g sump,fuge, 4x54 T5 lighting SLR reflectors, RO/DI top off, 20L FOWLR, 10 g prop/sps dedicated
rsxs1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/06/2007, 01:14 PM   #4
this_reefer
Registered Member

I wish he would eat more mysids. I had some time back a cbb and I had no problem with him. He was actually a little pig! I had that one for a long time but then I moved and he died with the move? I really hope he starts eating enough...soon!

this_reefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/06/2007, 01:45 PM   #5
michaeldaly
Registered Member

Try squashing some mysis into a shell and place it on the bottom of your rocks, it might encourage him to feed.

michaeldaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/07/2007, 06:45 AM   #6
SCR
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rsxs1212
i put a muscle in for mine on the bottom of the aquarium.. he loves to pick at it and eat it

i just buy the frozen ones at any grocery store.
I'am doing the same thing, but I'am using raw shrimp. Works great.

SCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/07/2007, 03:06 PM   #7
Hal
Registered Member

P.E. brand mysis shrimp in particular is supposed to be good for copperbands. Mine eats it readily, and this brand has largers sized shrimp than others.

Current Tank Info: 250g starphire: 72x28x30, BeanAnimal drain with an oversized non-durso emergency drain, 4 inch DSB, 3x Reefbreeders Value LED fixtures, SWC/MSX 300A skimmer, Geo kalk reactor, 3 Vortechs w/bb, carbon reactor, and a RKL
Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/08/2007, 04:13 AM   #8
michaeldaly
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hal
P.E. brand mysis shrimp in particular is supposed to be good for copperbands. Mine eats it readily, and this brand has largers sized shrimp than others.
I've never understood what the difference between PE and other brands is, I have never used PE Mysis as I don't have access to it, but isn't mysis, mysis.

michaeldaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/08/2007, 09:24 AM   #9
Hal
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by michaeldaly
I've never understood what the difference between PE and other brands is, I have never used PE Mysis as I don't have access to it, but isn't mysis, mysis.
The P.E. brand seems to use particularly large mysis compared to some other brands that I've used. They're probably 4 times as big as what comes in the cubes.

Hal is offline   Reply With Quote