Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/10/2017, 08:17 AM   #51
allendehl
Registered Member

Day 3 - Morning.

How does it look? What about that center? It has moved just a bit up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 350 (72G) | Jebao DCT 4000 (1056 GPH Max) | Reef Octopus 152-S | 2 X Jebao PP8 (2100 GPH Max)
allendehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/10/2017, 08:27 AM   #52
OrionN
Moved on

Still not looking well but improving I hope. Good luck.

My homepage is my album here at Reef Central

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip
OrionN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/10/2017, 08:50 AM   #53
allendehl
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionN View Post
Still not looking well but improving I hope. Good luck.
Me too. Can you explain what you see is wrong with it? I assume the "center" is one of them. Should I keep the higher dose of cipro? As I said above I am putting a whole 250mg in about a bit more than 5G of water.

Thank you!! I really appreciate you guys help!!

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 350 (72G) | Jebao DCT 4000 (1056 GPH Max) | Reef Octopus 152-S | 2 X Jebao PP8 (2100 GPH Max)
Unread 12/10/2017, 05:55 PM   #54
allendehl
Registered Member

Day 3 before WC. Looking inflated, literally. Not very evident in the pic, it's like its body is full or air. I guess not a good sign. Anything I should do different.

Unread 12/10/2017, 06:00 PM   #55
OrionN
Moved on

That actually look better. There are cases where anemone have air in the tissue. Your anemone does not have air in him. Think of a floating helium balloon on a string which is what air in an Anemone look like. Keep treating him. I think he looks better.

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip
Unread 12/10/2017, 06:25 PM   #56
allendehl
Registered Member

Quote:
That actually look better. There are cases where anemone have air in the tissue. Your anemone does not have air in him. Think of a floating helium balloon on a string which is what air in an Anemone look like. Keep treating him. I think he looks better.
Oh wow..that some great news. Thanks Orion!

Unread 12/11/2017, 06:54 AM   #57
allendehl
Registered Member

Day 4 morning. Looks better to my eyes. I've seen her tentacles more extended and thicker but it looks strong on.her feet.

Unread 12/11/2017, 07:27 AM   #58
OrionN
Moved on

My Magnificas looks like they are clones of your Magnifica

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 65Gal2017120701.jpg (105.0 KB, 66 views)

Unread 12/11/2017, 07:48 AM   #59
allendehl
Registered Member

Quote:
My Magnificas looks like they are clones of your Magnifica
Those are beautiful!! Hope mine gets her tentacles as healthy and extended as yours have!
Am I winning the battle?

Unread 12/11/2017, 02:37 PM   #60
pfan151
Registered Member

Looking good. Just have to keep it looking like that for the next few days with no deflations.

pfan151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/11/2017, 03:19 PM   #61
allendehl
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfan151 View Post
Looking good. Just have to keep it looking like that for the next few days with no deflations.
Thanks pfan! As I am new to reef tanks, let alone anemone doctor, I still don't know what is normal behavior or not and what are signs of improvements and regressions.

She does gets some of her tentacles very small and thin from time to time and, as of now, none of them look as extended as is Orion's pics. Now, she hasn't shrunk to nothing like it did before in the DT. What exactly do you call a deflation? Some tentacles getting deflated or whole the anemone closing entirely?

Unread 12/11/2017, 04:14 PM   #62
D-Nak
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allendehl View Post
Thanks pfan! As I am new to reef tanks, let alone anemone doctor, I still don't know what is normal behavior or not and what are signs of improvements and regressions.

She does gets some of her tentacles very small and thin from time to time and, as of now, none of them look as extended as is Orion's pics. Now, she hasn't shrunk to nothing like it did before in the DT. What exactly do you call a deflation? Some tentacles getting deflated or whole the anemone closing entirely?
Healthy magnifica rarely deflate. If it deflates at all -- even some of the tentacles -- keep in in QT.

Something to look out for is the anemone's ability to hold itself upright. An example would be a neck and head of a person -- the ability to hold one's head up straight instead of falling to one side. An anemone should be able to have a full foot (the "'neck") that holds up the oral disk, which are the mouth and tentacles (the "head"). If it looks like it's slouching, it's not a good sign. I hope that makes sense!

Unread 12/11/2017, 06:34 PM   #63
pfan151
Registered Member

Quote:

Deflating looks like it sounds. Almost like the water is sucked out of it. Either tentacles, the body or both. Also want to see a tightly closed mouth at all times.

After treatment Is over I like to use display tank water for a few days in the QT to see how it reacts without cipro and in the water it will be in. Probably not necessary but it makes me feel more confident it is definitely healthy then.

Last edited by pfan151; 12/11/2017 at 06:39 PM.
Unread 12/11/2017, 07:26 PM   #64
allendehl
Registered Member

Day 4 before WC. It looks good to my eyes. Though still shows sings of deflation. See 2nd pic some tentacles way thinner than the rest. They go back to normal though.

Thoughts?

Unread 12/11/2017, 10:29 PM   #65
OrionN
Moved on

He looks good. As long as he is looking better as treatment progress, he will be fine.
Maybe you get lucky and have him split on you.

Unread 12/12/2017, 07:58 AM   #66
pfan151
Registered Member

Quote:
Day 4 before WC. It looks good to my eyes. Though still shows sings of deflation. See 2nd pic some tentacles way thinner than the rest. They go back to normal though.

Thoughts?

I wouldn’t worry too much about that. How does the mouth look? Is the water still totally clear just before the daily waterchanges?

Unread 12/12/2017, 08:11 AM   #67
allendehl
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfan151 View Post
I wouldn’t worry too much about that. How does the mouth look? Is the water still totally clear just before the daily waterchanges?
I can't see the mouth ..too much "hair". I tried multiple shots and angles yesterday and could not see it at all. The tank is in a shelve and the nem is a bit towards the back of it.
I'll try to capture it at WC time today before getting it back in the shelve.

Water is clear, still see some small pieces of snot floating around or caught in the eggcrate and PH that I try to catch with a net but much less than the first days. Still not moving much, like in the DT she pretty much stays put.

Last edited by allendehl; 12/12/2017 at 08:18 AM.
Unread 12/12/2017, 09:04 AM   #68
OrionN
Moved on

Quote:
I can't see the mouth ..too much "hair". I tried multiple shots and angles yesterday and could not see it at all. .....
That mean the mouth is not open. If it is open, you will see it.

Unread 12/12/2017, 09:07 AM   #69
allendehl
Registered Member

Quote:
That mean the mouth is not open. If it is open, you will see it.
Awesome!...but not letting the guard down!

Unread 12/12/2017, 09:32 AM   #70
pfan151
Registered Member

Quote:
Awesome!...but not letting the guard down!
Definitely, better to treat a little too long than not long enough

Unread 12/12/2017, 10:43 AM   #71
D-Nak
Registered Member

It's looking good. Make sure that you keep it in QT without any medication for a few days (I usually go about a week) just to observe. IME once mags get through QT they do very well (they rarely relapse).

Unread 12/12/2017, 06:36 PM   #72
OrionN
Moved on

I find the best way to judge the health, and how successful the on going treatment is taken picture when the anemone is at his worst looking every day. You can use this to compare day by day. If he is getting better every day, then he will do well. No need to rely on memory.

Unread 12/13/2017, 08:20 AM   #73
allendehl
Registered Member

Day 5 AM. Still see some semi-deflated tentacles. Can't see its mouth. Took a photo from behind the tank and no luck.
Still see some snot around. I trie to siphon as much as possible with the WC but it seems to be stuck to the rock. Right after pouring the new water in I see lots of particles come floating. I'll scrub the rock today before WC to try to clean it up.

From behind

Front of the tank (same view I've been posting)

Unread 12/13/2017, 11:24 AM   #74
lawdog
Registered Member

looking much better... keep treating! You can use a turkey baster to gently blow off those particles and suck them out and also will help you see its mouth. But it is looking much much better. I think your winning the battle here... once you have him stable give him a couple more days and then you can think about moving him back over to your display... once you move him I would not even attempt to feed it for a month or so... just let it settle in... once they settle they are pretty hardy.

Craig

"Will be giving Free Legal Advice Tomorrow..."

Current Tank Info: Marineland 200DD Reef Tank, In Wall, Still Rocking dual 250W MH lights; LifeReef skimmer, Custom Sump/Refuge, Reeflo Dart Return to Seaswirls; Tunze Streams (waiting for new Riptide!); Lifereef Calc Reactor; Keeper of Magnifica Ritteri!
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/13/2017, 12:26 PM   #75
allendehl
Registered Member

Thanks!! Here is a pic from a couple of minutes ago. I thought they were relevant. She decided to show most of her private parts. Hope in the nems world that means a good thing. Also she folded forward like a sandwich.

Still good??