Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/13/2017, 12:59 PM   #76
OrionN
Moved on

I think she looks good.

My homepage is my album here at Reef Central

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip
OrionN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/13/2017, 01:00 PM   #77
allendehl
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionN View Post
I think she looks good.

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 350 (72G) | Jebao DCT 4000 (1056 GPH Max) | Reef Octopus 152-S | 2 X Jebao PP8 (2100 GPH Max)
allendehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/14/2017, 08:42 AM   #78
allendehl
Registered Member

Day 6 AM

For some reason I don't have a warm feeling this morning. She closed yesterday at WC time when I moved the rock a bit to scrub it. Could have been a defense mechanism?
Seeing a bigger number of tentacles thinner than normal, see pic. Also seeing more mucus than the day before.
I was able to take a pic of his mouth by gently moving some tentacles out of the way. Let me know if you need a better one, I just didn't want to bother her too much.

All pics are from this morning

Mouth

Mucus and thin tentacles

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 350 (72G) | Jebao DCT 4000 (1056 GPH Max) | Reef Octopus 152-S | 2 X Jebao PP8 (2100 GPH Max)
Unread 12/14/2017, 09:23 AM   #79
pfan151
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allendehl View Post
Day 6 AM

For some reason I don't have a warm feeling this morning. She closed yesterday at WC time when I moved the rock a bit to scrub it. Could have been a defense mechanism?
Seeing a bigger number of tentacles thinner than normal, see pic. Also seeing more mucus than the day before.
I was able to take a pic of his mouth by gently moving some tentacles out of the way. Let me know if you need a better one, I just didn't want to bother her too much.

All pics are from this morning

Mouth

Mucus and thin tentacles

Still looks ok to me. It is odd that it has never moved to the top of that rock though. When you place it back in the display position it so the mouth is facing up pointing towards the light. What day of treatment are you on?

pfan151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/14/2017, 11:00 AM   #80
allendehl
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfan151 View Post
Still looks ok to me. It is odd that it has never moved to the top of that rock though. When you place it back in the display position it so the mouth is facing up pointing towards the light. What day of treatment are you on?
I am on day 6, two more pills to go as I dose in the evenings. She is on the side of the rock so unless she moves up I don't know how to place that rock in the DT so she faces up. It is the heaviest rock on the tank so I have limited options. Lets see is she cooperates.

Did you see those thin tentacles in the third pic? Is that normal?...Does her mouth look good?

Unread 12/14/2017, 12:20 PM   #81
pfan151
Registered Member

Quote:
I am on day 6, two more pills to go as I dose in the evenings. She is on the side of the rock so unless she moves up I don't know how to place that rock in the DT so she faces up. It is the heaviest rock on the tank so I have limited options. Lets see is she cooperates.

Did you see those thin tentacles in the third pic? Is that normal?...Does her mouth look good?

Tentacles don’t look bad to me. I’d do whatever you can to put that rock near the top, in a place with good flow, and with the anemone pointing towards the light. Even if it’s only somewhere temporarily until it eventually hopefully moves on it’s own. If it were me, I’d cut the rock in half if I had to. Definitely don’t put it down at the sandbed like it was before. Or, If you can prop the rock up against another taller rock so the anemone touches the other rock it should move to the higher rock at some point. When it goes back in the display you want to make sure everything is as perfect as possible for it while it’s still settling in.

Unread 12/14/2017, 12:51 PM   #82
allendehl
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfan151 View Post
Tentacles don’t look bad to me. I’d do whatever you can to put that rock near the top, in a place with good flow, and with the anemone pointing towards the light. Even if it’s only somewhere temporarily until it eventually hopefully moves on it’s own. If it were me, I’d cut the rock in half if I had to. Definitely don’t put it down at the sandbed like it was before. Or, If you can prop the rock up against another taller rock so the anemone touches the other rock it should move to the higher rock at some point. When it goes back in the display you want to make sure everything is as perfect as possible for it while it’s still settling in.
Got it!...will figure out a way. It will be hard to play with the rock-scaping with the nem attached to it. I'm afraid to clip it against another rock. Also, to break the rock I'll have to do it out of the water.
Stubborn nem picked the bigger rock to attach to.

Now, me being a paranoid pita (I apologize in advance). In the third pic, towards the right you see those tentacles way thinner and smaller than the nice inflated ones. Is it a normal process?

Unread 12/14/2017, 02:17 PM   #83
pfan151
Registered Member

Quote:
Got it!...will figure out a way. It will be hard to play with the rock-scaping with the nem attached to it. I'm afraid to clip it against another rock. Also, to break the rock I'll have to do it out of the water.
Stubborn nem picked the bigger rock to attach to.

Now, me being a paranoid pita (I apologize in advance). In the third pic, towards the right you see those tentacles way thinner and smaller than the nice inflated ones. Is it a normal process?
Once it’s totally settled in it probably won’t do that too much with the tentacles but at this point if it was going to die it would be looking worse every day. Once it’s in the display under good lighting it will be happier.

Unread 12/14/2017, 03:58 PM   #84
allendehl
Registered Member

ok...still not having a warm feeling. See these two pics below. Went to see her and she was semi closed, closed up more when I gently tried to push her to check oh her mouth. 1st pic is her center. Those bubbles did not let me see her mouth.

Mouth

Unread 12/14/2017, 04:27 PM   #85
allendehl
Registered Member

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Unread 12/14/2017, 05:03 PM   #86
D-Nak
Registered Member

That's actually OK. Mags do that from time to time. Some think it helps them to expel things. I'm guessing that yours is trying to expel the last bit of bacteria or dead zooxanthellae.

If it opens back up, I think you'll be in good shape.

Unread 12/14/2017, 05:22 PM   #87
allendehl
Registered Member

Oh geez man, I hope so! I've treated her like a baby girl.
I just changed water and dropped the 7th pill. This is the end of the treatment.

Unread 12/15/2017, 06:30 AM   #88
allendehl
Registered Member

Day 7. AM
Last pill was given yesterday.
It did open up after It closed Yesterday but not as much as other days.
I was able to take a better look at her mouth.

Unread 12/15/2017, 08:09 AM   #89
pfan151
Registered Member

If it were me I’d give it a Day with no pill and using water from the display to see how it looks and then put it in the tank. Once you’re past the infection stage I think it helps a lot to get it to the more stable display.

Unread 12/15/2017, 08:19 AM   #90
OrionN
Moved on

Next time I would recommended that you have extra medication so that you can continue with treatment as needed. He seem OK. Further treatment may not be needed. Good luck

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip
Unread 12/15/2017, 08:22 AM   #91
allendehl
Registered Member

Quote:
Next time I would recommended that you have extra medication so that you can continue with treatment as needed. He seem OK. Further treatment may not be needed. Good luck
I do have 3 more pills, should I give them?

Unread 12/15/2017, 08:29 AM   #92
OrionN
Moved on

He does not look as good as before. I would continue treatment for a few more days

Unread 12/15/2017, 10:09 AM   #93
allendehl
Registered Member

Quote:
He does not look as good as before. I would continue treatment for a few more days
Will do for 3 more days. I'l order some more now but not sure it is good to extend antibiotics for more than 10 days. At least in humans. For how long you think I should extend it?

Unread 12/15/2017, 11:25 AM   #94
allendehl
Registered Member

Also. Should I continue with cipro?

Unread 12/15/2017, 04:18 PM   #95
OrionN
Moved on

I would stay with same medication for now

Unread 12/16/2017, 08:45 AM   #96
allendehl
Registered Member

Day 8 AM. Still not as extended as it was a few days into the treatment.
First pic was from yesterday before WC. I finally took a good look at her mouth and it looks tight

Unread 12/16/2017, 08:54 AM   #97
OrionN
Moved on

Will he be the only anemone in your tank? If he is I would send him to the DT. If he have not deflated I think he is not sick but the condition of your HT may not be optimal. Maybe he will do better in DT.
If there is a healthy Magnifica in your tank the I would make sure he is healthy befor put him in there. I am not he is 100% sure he is healthy at this time.

Unread 12/16/2017, 09:40 AM   #98
allendehl
Registered Member

Quote:
Will he be the only anemone in your tank? If he is I would send him to the DT. If he have not deflated I think he is not sick but the condition of your HT may not be optimal. Maybe he will do better in DT.
If there is a healthy Magnifica in your tank the I would make sure he is healthy befor put him in there. I am not he is 100% sure he is healthy at this time.
As of now he is the first anemone in the tank. pfan shares you opinion as to put it in the DT to see how he does.
Now I do have some procedural questions to make sure I don't screw things up at the very last minute. If you can give me some tips, It'll help me a lot

- The nem is in a big rock and as it is sitting with lights all day it had grown a considerable amount of GHA. It does have also lots of stiff stuck to it. I am afraid of bringing some of the mucus the anemone spits out and get the DT infected. Last time I tried to scrub it, even w/o touching the anemone, it when things started to go south (at least visually). What would you do?

- Pfan suggested me to put the nem as high as possible. As the nem is in the side of the rock, I'll have to get creative to make sure that happens. It is the biggest rock in the tank so it'll be tough to make it sit on its smaller side and avoid a fall over. So far she hasn't been a walker, so I am not positive she'll move to a higher place by himself if I don't put him there. I am concerned about all the manipulation it may take to get things in a stable position.

- Once in the tank, what should I pay attention to to finally confirm whether she is healthy or not?

Finally, thank you all very much for your continuous help and support!!

Unread 12/16/2017, 10:35 AM   #99
OrionN
Moved on

What do you gave interm of cleanup crew? I usually not worry about hair algae. They get eaten up in short order in my tank.
Transfer the anemone as stress free as you can. Easy to keep rock stable use three smaller rocks to situate the larger one

Unread 12/17/2017, 07:54 AM   #100
allendehl
Registered Member

Kind of lost. This is her this AM. 9th day of cipro. I was planning in moving her to DT this morning but I'm not so sure now.
Why would she regress in such a way?