Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/01/2020, 07:10 PM   #1
dubmaneh
Registered Member

Tunze 6095 Knocking

Hello,

One of my Tunze 6095 pumps has started knocking quite loudly when it engages. It is paired with another pump and goes from 0-50%. I can't figure out why the noise started or how to stop it. Already taken it apart twice to clean it and make sure there is no air trapped. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

dubmaneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/02/2020, 10:10 AM   #2
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Generally this will be one of three problems.

1) The metal shaft is pulled out of the pump, the shaft should remain firmly in the pump, the impeller spins on the shaft. Repair here depends on being able to reseat the shaft, otherwise the motor has to be replaced.

2) The impeller is worn out so the magnet has free movement from the propeller or the hole in the center of the magnet is ground out so their is play on the shaft. A new impeller 6095.700 will solve this.

3) The disk is lost or worn out, part 6055.740, this sits down in the pump at the base of the shaft.

Another possibility is it is calcified inside and needs to be cleaned, the calcium deposits are preventing it from moving smoothly.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/02/2020, 06:13 PM   #3
dubmaneh
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I'll switch out the impeller with my other 6095 and see if that changes anything with the knocking pump.

Can you tell me what the warranty on these are? I bought them both on 12-26-2017.

Unread 01/03/2020, 09:51 AM   #4
rvitko
RC Sponsor

The warranty is 2 years from date of purchase, it would not cover anything related to wear and tear or neglect. Keep in mind the US and Canada are separate distribution markets, I only cover warranty for the US, Xenia North America covers Canada.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/03/2020, 10:36 AM   #5
dubmaneh
Registered Member

Ok thanks. I’ll reach out to Xenia. When I switched the impellers both pumps started knocking (quieter but still knocking) so I’m guessing both the impeller and disc are worn out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro