Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/25/2018, 01:55 PM   #1
Aquavaj
Registered Member

Fusion keeps loosing connection to Apex Classic

I would link it to Fusion and it'll work for a day or so and then get the Apex Disconnected message. Restarting the Apex won't work. I have to remove it and link it again. Again it'll work for a day or two and same thing.

I have it hardwired to a switch and then my router/modem. I have not tried a straight connection to the router but I doubt that's the issue as everything on that switch has absolutely no connectivity issues. I've tried dynamic and static IP with no difference. I even placed it into the DMZ zone to eliminate anything from being blocked but hasn't helped.

I don't really need to use Fusion but I'm having trouble getting email notifications through the classic dashboard working as well. I was hoping Fusion would work and use the notification system there.

Aquavaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/27/2018, 09:56 PM   #2
kurt_n
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquavaj View Post
I have it hardwired to a switch and then my router/modem. I have not tried a straight connection to the router but I doubt that's the issue as everything on that switch has absolutely no connectivity issues. ....
You know what they say about assuming...

I'd try it directly connected to the router to 100% rule out the switch.

kurt_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/30/2018, 04:19 PM   #3
Aquavaj
Registered Member

I got everything working with the classic dashboard so I'll just use that.

Aquavaj is offline   Reply With Quote