Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/09/2018, 05:18 PM   #126
twitchy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by btmedic04 View Post
Looking at the owners manual for that tank suggests that THIS pump will fit in the middle chamber, however you will have 0.2" of space width wide remaining. (your sicce 1.5 has 0.4" of space remaining width wise) Might be something to consider if you are looking for more flow from your return
Thats great! Thanks for the link, might make a good Christmas present to myself haha... Do you have any experience with that pump?

twitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/09/2018, 05:26 PM   #127
btmedic04
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchy View Post
Thats great! Thanks for the link, might make a good Christmas present to myself haha... Do you have any experience with that pump?
I don't yet, however I have an IM Nuvo 20 and a sicce 1.0 on its way here this week and I have been contemplating switching to that pump myself lol

Unread 10/09/2018, 05:29 PM   #128
twitchy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by btmedic04 View Post
I don't yet, however I have an IM Nuvo 20 and a sicce 1.0 on its way here this week and I have been contemplating switching to that pump myself lol
I'm going to do some digging and see if I can find anyone else running that pump, I'd love to get another 100gph or so through my floss

Unread 10/09/2018, 05:36 PM   #129
btmedic04
Registered Member

Quote:
I'm going to do some digging and see if I can find anyone else running that pump, I'd love to get another 100gph or so through my floss
For sure bud. I've been cruising some reviews at different retailers and almost all have been positive. There was a reviewer on amazon who put one in their lagoon 25 and they were happy with the results

Unread 10/10/2018, 09:14 AM   #130
PaintGuru
Registered Member

Good stuff. I'm setting up this tank shortly and was wondering about your mesh cover. How is that sitting on top? It does not appear to be on the edge of the tank, almost like it is inset. Hopefully this isn't a repeat question!

PaintGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/11/2018, 08:42 AM   #131
twitchy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintGuru View Post
Good stuff. I'm setting up this tank shortly and was wondering about your mesh cover. How is that sitting on top? It does not appear to be on the edge of the tank, almost like it is inset. Hopefully this isn't a repeat question!
Stole this photo from online, but I have something similar. They are just clear plastic clips that make a small lip along the inside of the tank so the mesh top can lay flush inside the tank. Can't remember where I got them from, but I think BRS sells them. Just make sure you get ones that are wide enough for our tanks glass, think it's 8mm

Unread 10/12/2018, 09:35 PM   #132
twitchy
Registered Member

This morning when I was changing out my filter floss, I must have knocked off my ATO sensor. After work I came home to a tank filled with Kalk slurry. After several water changes it looks like the clown is OK, but everything coral/invert wise seems toast, and the goby is missing. Very frustrating to be put back to step one again. Will see how things are in the morning, very tempting to break the whole system down.

Unread 10/13/2018, 04:03 PM   #133
schummelpilz
Registered Member

Sorry to hear that! I'm glad you could do waterchanges quickly and at least one fish is fine. Would there have been good ways to avoid this (still new myself).

schummelpilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/19/2018, 04:53 AM   #134
twitchy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schummelpilz View Post
Sorry to hear that! I'm glad you could do waterchanges quickly and at least one fish is fine. Would there have been good ways to avoid this (still new myself).
This was caused by me knocking my auto top off sensor bracket off my tank during maintenance. I have since used a little hot glue to help hold it in place to prevent it.

Both my primary sensor and emergency backup sensor are attached to the same bracket so it's a single point of failure. Probably would be good to have an auto top off with the sensor separated.

Will also probably reduce to amount of kalk in the top off water, so if this does happen again, it wont be a huge shock to the system.

Unread 10/19/2018, 05:51 PM   #135
Zoahoarder
Registered Member

Oh man how’s your coral after that? Those side clips I found on amazon/eBay just need to know how thick the glass is.

Zoahoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/28/2018, 06:16 PM   #136
FranktheTankTx
Registered Member

How's the tank doing? I'm interested in your opinion on the IM Aquarium quality. I'm considering getting back into the game.

I'm looking at 50EXT.

Following along.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

"What, I thought we were in the trust tree... in the nest? Are we not?"

Current Tank Info: Custom Rimless 60g (30.5"x24.5"x18.5")
FranktheTankTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/01/2018, 05:46 AM   #137
twitchy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranktheTankTx View Post
How's the tank doing? I'm interested in your opinion on the IM Aquarium quality. I'm considering getting back into the game.

I'm looking at 50EXT.

Following along.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Build quality is excellent, these tanks are definitely not cheap, but well worth the cost. Definitely looks and feels like a premium product, and is very functional. Don't think I can ever go back to a aqueon or the like

Unread 11/09/2018, 04:59 PM   #138
Radar1
Registered Member

This happened to me once a long time ago late night and no water available for water changes. I used vinager to lower my ph and everything ended up fine with no losses.

Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/12/2018, 09:36 AM   #139
West1
Registered Member

WOW, sorry for your loss.

West1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/03/2018, 04:14 PM   #140
netsequent
Registered Member

My IM Nuvo 20 Peninsula

Quote:
Build quality is excellent, these tanks are definitely not cheap, but well worth the cost. Definitely looks and feels like a premium product, and is very functional. Don't think I can ever go back to a aqueon or the like
Love the tank, it's very attractiveand well construced. Didn't even mind throwing away the stock $2 return pump and replacing it with a tunze silence. I use the wavelink system for 100x circulation and it's great so far at 1/4 the proice of an mp-10. I plan to replace the skimmer pump with a similarly rated sicce as it seems to fade out or stop from time to time.

netsequent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/27/2019, 03:04 AM   #141
Zoahoarder
Registered Member

Hey man any updates? I’m grabbing the same tank here later today in Orlando for a pretty good deal.

Zoahoarder is offline   Reply With Quote