Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/23/2019, 08:13 AM   #1
gsiegel
Registered Member

Harlequin tusk in a mixed reef

Anyone keep a HT is a mixed reef. I do have some nacarius snails and hermits and know the risk. Coral is euphelia, leathers and have some anemonies.
Experiences and thoughts? My favorite fish.

My current fish are very well fed which will hopefully help.

Thanks

300g mixed reef-BlueHippo/Midas&bicolorBenny/2FlameHawks/CoralBeauty/MagFoxFace/spotted rabbit/BlondNaso/2clowns/PurpleTang/chevron tang/2lyretails/wrasses-pintail,2flame,lineatus,radiant,pink margin,
gsiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/23/2019, 09:04 AM   #2
Ngoodermuth
Registered Member

I had one for a short amount of time, but had to re-home it because my 120 was very obviously too small (and he was a juvenile) and all he did was pace all day.

He didn’t bother any corals while he was there, but he did take out my cleaner shrimp pretty quickly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ngoodermuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/24/2019, 11:57 AM   #3
moondoggy4
Registered Member

They will probably eat all your shrimp even cleaner shrimp) my wife called one of my Shrimp Killer, they will eat all of your snails and crabs. They like to turn over corals looking for food. I have one now, he can out eat as much as the rest of the fish in my tank. They are docile usually afraid, my last HT was so shy he would hide when I walked up to the tank, but of course that is when I feed, so he missed a lot of meals. Great fish but they can have all different personalities.

moondoggy4 is offline   Reply With Quote