Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/16/2018, 12:16 PM   #3926
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpro View Post
Have bought a new power odule with built in wifi and no instructions from ati whatsoever on installion and connection with wifi. Plug the powercoed in and it lights up, that all i can do.
I am sorry for the trouble. Unfortunately I am unable to attach the PDF here due to the file size. If you could kindly email us I am happy to provide the quick start guide.

customercare@ our domain name which is atinorthamerica.com

Current Tank Info: 175g mixed powered by an ATI LED Powermodule
Keith@ ATI NA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/16/2018, 10:37 PM   #3927
Dugless
Registered Member

I’m having some strange behavior after the LED lights are scheduled to turn off. Roughly 30 seconds after they shut off, the LEDs flash a soft purple for a split second. Any thoughts why it is doing this?

Dugless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/17/2018, 10:28 AM   #3928
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugless View Post
I’m having some strange behavior after the LED lights are scheduled to turn off. Roughly 30 seconds after they shut off, the LEDs flash a soft purple for a split second. Any thoughts why it is doing this?
The LED clusters are overheating:
  • The fixture is inside a canopy with inadequate ventilation
  • The fans are defective (due to excessive salt, or from being inside a canopy)
  • The settings are incorrect: Youtube link here.

You can check the temperature of the LED cluster on the control box for most generations of the fixture, or in the user interface for the WiFi Powermodule. More than likely its around 60 degrees C which is why it is shutting off.

hope this helps!

Unread 04/17/2018, 10:35 AM   #3929
Dugless
Registered Member

Just to be clear, the LEDs are running their proper schedule. It is after they shut down in accordance with the set schedule that the strange 30 sec delayed flash occurs, every night. I highly doubt the diodes are overheating. The unit is clean, in a free air space and is programmed to the proper fan settings. Not to mention the LEDs are only used at 20-45% power, so I'm guessing it is more of a programming issue?

Dugless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/17/2018, 11:14 AM   #3930
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Sorry I certainly did misunderstand. It sounds like this flash occurs 1 time each day? A single flash 30 seconds after turning off?

This sounds like a programming glitch. I would recommend a factory reset (depending on the gen this varies, but try holding all 4 outside buttons leaving the middle button alone for 7-8 seconds then release. It should go to 00:00 time) and reprogram the fixture from scratch rather than a saved program you may have on your computer.

You may also need to update the factory settings after doing the factory reset as posted in my previous post.

Unread 04/17/2018, 03:11 PM   #3931
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Tank is fully cycled and fish are in. I can’t wait to start adding some corals in a few weeks. It doesn’t show in the pictures but light really makes the fish pop so I can’t wait to see why it does to corals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orcus Varuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/19/2018, 08:30 AM   #3932
Radioheadx14
Registered Member

I just hung my bought-used 60" hybrid and I noticed the LED clusters have a very high pitched whine to them. Its very irritating. Not sure if I will be able to hear it once the tank it up and running, but if I can hear it, it will drive me crazy. Anyone have an idea of why?

There is no sound other than the fans running when just the 4 T5 bulbs are running. When the LEDs kick on, the whine starts, even at low %s. LED fans did not kick on while testing, but I am guessing they didn't get hot enough.

Radioheadx14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/24/2018, 02:26 PM   #3933
theshaman
Registered Member

Hi reefcentral!
I was wondering if any of you powermodule owners have a reefbrite added to your powermodule. I have a 4 bulb powermodule and would like to add a reefbrite to the front of it. Can this be done without too much modification of my light fixture?

Thanks!

theshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/26/2018, 10:16 AM   #3934
johndoe7127
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshaman View Post
Hi reefcentral!
I was wondering if any of you powermodule owners have a reefbrite added to your powermodule. I have a 4 bulb powermodule and would like to add a reefbrite to the front of it. Can this be done without too much modification of my light fixture?

Thanks!

From what i understand reefbrite come with bracket that you can directly mount to ati fixture without modification

johndoe7127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/26/2018, 10:42 AM   #3935
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe7127 View Post
From what i understand reefbrite come with bracket that you can directly mount to ati fixture without modification
Typically this is true with Sunpower fixtures. A Powermodule would likely require straightening the brackets since the screws are on the end of the fixture, rather than the top/sides.

Unread 05/16/2018, 02:03 AM   #3936
Gary.F
Registered Member

Keith,

I've just bought and installed a new hybrid powermodule with the wi-fi-only programming and no screen on the base unit but, every couple of days, it goes out of its programme. The moment I sync with my laptop, all is well again, and it picks up the programme.
But, given that the aquarium is in my studio so I can't keep checking overnight, I'm starting to lose trust in the fixture. If I can't know if is going on through the night and if I need to keep continually reconnecting with my laptop, it is essentially useless to me.

Do you know what is wrong with it?

Gary.F is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/16/2018, 05:36 AM   #3937
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.F View Post
Keith,

I've just bought and installed a new hybrid powermodule with the wi-fi-only programming and no screen on the base unit but, every couple of days, it goes out of its programme. The moment I sync with my laptop, all is well again, and it picks up the programme.
But, given that the aquarium is in my studio so I can't keep checking overnight, I'm starting to lose trust in the fixture. If I can't know if is going on through the night and if I need to keep continually reconnecting with my laptop, it is essentially useless to me.

Keith I’m very interested in this as well. I live in Florida where brownouts are very common especially in the summer. Whenever the power cuts out it messes with the internal clock and I have to connect my laptop and sync again as well.

Unread 05/16/2018, 10:50 AM   #3938
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcus Varuna View Post
Keith I’m very interested in this as well. I live in Florida where brownouts are very common especially in the summer. Whenever the power cuts out it messes with the internal clock and I have to connect my laptop and sync again as well.

The software engineers in Germany are working on an easy way to connect your Powermodule directly to your local network, which will keep the internal clock synced with your home network. You can already do this in the back end, but it is difficult especially if you don't have any network or linux experience.
Unfortunately I do not have an ETA.

Unread 05/16/2018, 10:52 AM   #3939
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Keith,

Gary it sounds like your Powermodule has a defect. If you are in North America, please email customercare at ATINorthAmerica.com so we can create a support ticket so we can review and exchange if needed.

If you are not in North America, please get in touch with the dealer in your country.

Unread 05/16/2018, 10:55 AM   #3940
Gary.F
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith@ ATI NA View Post
Gary it sounds like your Powermodule has a defect. If you are in North America, please email customercare at ATINorthAmerica.com so we can create a support ticket so we can review and exchange if needed.

If you are not in North America, please get in touch with the dealer in your country.
Ok. Thanks

Unread 05/16/2018, 12:16 PM   #3941
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Quote:
The software engineers in Germany are working on an easy way to connect your Powermodule directly to your local network, which will keep the internal clock synced with your home network. You can already do this in the back end, but it is difficult especially if you don't have any network or linux experience.

Unfortunately I do not have an ETA.

Thanks for the update and let us know when something is available.

Unread 05/16/2018, 01:30 PM   #3942
Gary.F
Registered Member

Sorry. Just to clarify.

Currently, a disturbance in the power supply means that the unit will reset to 8:00 and being a cycle from that point unless the unit is resynchronised with an external device? Can that be right?

Unread 05/16/2018, 01:31 PM   #3943
jwgill
Registered Member

How do you hang a PM to the ceiling with kit? Are people fastening to sheetrock only with toggle or are they installing to joist? I have sheetrock installed over steel bar joists.

jwgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/16/2018, 01:40 PM   #3944
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Sorry. Just to clarify.

Currently, a disturbance in the power supply means that the unit will reset to 8:00 and being a cycle from that point unless the unit is resynchronised with an external device? Can that be right?
Only if it has a problem. Most will keep time, however if yours does not hooking it to your local network is an easy way to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwgill View Post
How do you hang a PM to the ceiling with kit? Are people fastening to sheetrock only with toggle or are they installing to joist? I have sheetrock installed over steel bar joists.
I have mine hanging from toggles in the drywall. You can do it either way, most people however are not lucky enough to have joist in just the right place above the tank.

Unread 05/16/2018, 02:10 PM   #3945
jwgill
Registered Member

What size light is that hanging from toggles?

jwgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/16/2018, 02:27 PM   #3946
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
What size light is that hanging from toggles?
Mine? It is an 8x54w. The toggles included are rated at 50lbs each, however this will vary if your drywall is not typical.

Unread 05/16/2018, 02:48 PM   #3947
homer1475
Registered Member

6 bulb unit here and used these in my ceiling.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/E-Z-Anco...5310/100040265

The screws they use are small enough they fit right inside the cylinders ATI uses for hanging, and the cylinder head is large enough it hides the plastic. Each one is rated for 75lb, should be plenty strong enough. Been holding mine for a little over a year, and I move them up and down weekly for maintenance.

Originally posted by der_wille_zur_macht:

"He's just taking his lunch to work"
homer1475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/16/2018, 04:15 PM   #3948
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Quote:

Another option is I mounted the light to the studs in wall using a pair of d-lite projector screen mounts. Works great and I can do pull-ups from the mounts so I think the light will be fine lol

Unread 05/16/2018, 04:23 PM   #3949
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer1475 View Post
6 bulb unit here and used these in my ceiling.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/E-Z-Anco...5310/100040265

The screws they use are small enough they fit right inside the cylinders ATI uses for hanging, and the cylinder head is large enough it hides the plastic. Each one is rated for 75lb, should be plenty strong enough. Been holding mine for a little over a year, and I move them up and down weekly for maintenance.
I would not recommend these. The 75lb weight is sheer strength, not pull out strength. It even says "Do not use for ceiling applications".

The regular toggles are going to be far stronger since they distribute the weight over more drywall vs those.

Unread 05/16/2018, 04:47 PM   #3950
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Quote:
I would not recommend these. The 75lb weight is sheer strength, not pull out strength. It even says "Do not use for ceiling applications".

The regular toggles are going to be far stronger since they distribute the weight over more drywall vs those.

I agree do not use those anchors but EZ makes really awesome self drilling toggles if someone is looking for something easier to use then traditional toggles.