Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Seahorses & Pipefish
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/03/2016, 03:28 PM   #1
pfan151
Registered Member

Anyone know of a breeder for Barbouri's

Been searching for a young pair. Have not had much luck aside from a pair once in a while on Divers den. Thanks for any help.

pfan151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/04/2016, 04:14 PM   #2
ThRoewer
Registered Member

The ORA section on LiveAquaria has females in stock.

Current Tank Info: 200 gal 4 tank system (40x28x24 + 40B + 40B sump tank + 20g refugium) + 30x18x18 mixed reef + 20g East Pacific biotop + 20g FW +...
ThRoewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/04/2016, 04:29 PM   #3
tjdouglas
Registered Member

Dan at Seahorse Source has them available every few months. His are always really nice and healthy. His website states that he currently expects to have some ready to ship in late fall. You can always email him and ask about them!

tjdouglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/04/2016, 07:25 PM   #4
pfan151
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdouglas View Post
Dan at Seahorse Source has them available every few months. His are always really nice and healthy. His website states that he currently expects to have some ready to ship in late fall. You can always email him and ask about them!
Thanks. I think I'm going to give a pair from ORA a try. I have a LFS that orders from them. Only issue is they said they can't guarantee sex but can be pretty certain.

Unread 08/05/2016, 05:14 PM   #5
Dogshowgrl
Registered Member

They can email ORA and ask for them certain sexes. The hard one is females being immature males. They got mine right. If Seahorse Source has them got them go with them. But I am satisfied with ORA's stock at the moment.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Dogshowgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/05/2016, 06:17 PM   #6
pfan151
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogshowgrl View Post
They can email ORA and ask for them certain sexes. The hard one is females being immature males. They got mine right. If Seahorse Source has them got them go with them. But I am satisfied with ORA's stock at the moment.

I put the order in today. Should have them late next week. I'll probably grab some from seahorse source too when they are available but they said it will still be a few months before theirs are ready.

Unread 08/05/2016, 06:25 PM   #7
Dogshowgrl
Registered Member

I hate to now correct myself but I just spoke to my rep. They are not breeding Barbouri themselves the are getting them from a "quality breeder." Just FYI, doesn't change my opinion, but I think it's good to know.

Dogshowgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/12/2016, 07:17 PM   #8
pfan151
Registered Member

They came in from ORA today. The female looks incredible. I'm a little disappointed in the male though. He came in very thin. It seems to eat well so hoping it will fatten up quick.