Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Invert and Plant Forums > Mantis Shrimp
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/04/2009, 01:05 PM   #726
Vision06
Registered Member

Need more story telling. This was by far one of the best reads on this site.

Unread 01/09/2009, 09:16 AM   #727
SWITCH420
Registered Member

R.I.P TIM!! i just found this thread today i just got my first mantis hope you find another mantis and start a new thread thanks and sorry again for tim

SWITCH420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/09/2009, 12:51 PM   #728
Plankt0s
Premium Member

Tim died quite a long time ago, right? but it is good to bring this post up for others to read. It is the reason that I started reading RC.

Unread 02/22/2009, 11:46 PM   #729
light7
Registered Member

I have followed this thread for years.I remember eagerly awaiting the next adventure of Tim.Finally, one day the adventures stopped.A long time passed and the were no new posts.I feared the worst but kept up hope.from time to time Id stop in and check for a post.I lost track of the thread and the search feature never worked for me.I got very busy working and hadnt checked for a long time but I would still think about Tim every once in a while and wonder if I was missing his adventures.a few years ago My mantis decided he just had to find out if what was i that shiney glass shell was tastey or not.I woke one morning for work to find mantis soup.this was a small mantis but he managed to pop the heater.I recently decided it was time for me to find a hitchiker mantis in need of a home and went to my LFS a few days ago.I had heard they just got a LR shipment in and sure enough one was in the puddle in the bottom of the box.I was talking to the guy working there about how great these little critters are and I mentioned the thread .That got me thinking about Tim and I had to find out what happened.I logged in and to my surprise search worked and after a little diggng, I found it.My suspicions were confirmed.Tim had indead passed on.

Very few animals touch the lives of, and are loved by so many people.Tim was such a creature.Tim brought joy (and terror) to so many and will be greatly missed.Thank you Density man for sharing a bringing Tims adventures to us with such great wit and of course thank you Tim for keeping us so well entertained.

RIP has been said but seriously,this is Tim we're talking about here.If hes involved in anything it will likely not be peacefull.LOL

light7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/23/2009, 04:34 AM   #730
micstarz
Registered Member

Haha, my G. glabrous was attacked by his first prey item in captivity, a beach crab. It went up to him and he scoped it out with his antennae. The crab pinched his antennae and held on tightly....my mantis, now extremely angry, landed a single forceful blow to the underside of the crab, sending it flying with a cracked shell and two legs missing. The pincer that was pinching the mantis' antennae was still clamped tight, and snapped off the flying crab. I had to use my tongs to hold the claw while my mantis levered it's legs against the burrow wall to tug itself free...

micstarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/03/2009, 08:37 PM   #731
mklukas
Registered Member

Wow, I just got done reading the Adventures of Tim. I don't think I've ever spent so much time reading a thread on a forum, but I have to say it was worth every minute. Amazing writing and effort on your part DensityMan, I think you've brought joy and entertainment to many people with the adventures of Tim.

mklukas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/22/2009, 07:25 PM   #732
mdavis203
Registered Member

I just found this thread today, when I was going through this forum researching these guys. I was considering putting one in my Biocube 14 that's currently cycling. After three hours of reading this, I'm not considering it anymore... I'm hell-bent on getting one!

On the down side, it actually brought a tear to my eye when I saw the post that Tim had passed. When I started reading the thread and noticed it originated in 2003, I was pretty sure how it would end. But it still was upsetting to see DM's last post. DM, I don't know if you ever come back here to check this thread, but you'll never know how much pleasure and information you have spread to so many people about this fascinating creature. And to Tim... keep on cracking up there!

"Did you see the size of that chicken?!?"
mdavis203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/27/2009, 09:04 AM   #733
footballdude2k3
Registered Member.

i just found this, i just joined the site, i have been looking into starting a tank for awhile, this thread was fantastic, i was very sorry to hear it ended DM i hope all is well, might help if you got another mantis...new thread then

footballdude2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/06/2009, 06:13 PM   #734
new2u
Registered Member

Bye Bye Tim.

Current Tank Info: Reefer 850 XXL - LPS/Zoa Dominant mixed reef
new2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/06/2014, 01:36 PM   #735
overflowin
Registered Member

This thread can never be allowed to die. TO THE TOP!

The echo of a distant tide
Comes willowing across the sand

Current Tank Info: 220g
overflowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/06/2014, 04:10 PM   #736
Kharn
MANTISMAN

I never knew this thread existed o.O

Unread 08/08/2014, 09:30 AM   #737
cbianco
Registered Member

I don't post on RC that often but I read a lot! In hind-site, I have no idea how I found this thread but I'm glad I did.

This has to be one of the best threads on RC. Even though I am WAY belated in my thanks, DM your thread entertained me for quite some time. Thank you.

Christopher

Current Tank Info: Thirty Gallon Finnex, 6x24 Watt T5 Fixture, AquaC Remora, Vortech MP20, Prayers
cbianco is offline   Reply With Quote