Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/01/2020, 09:51 AM   #1
mpderksen
Registered Member

no apex dashboard, but fusion works

I have the correct ip address, login and password. Fusion works, and I can PING it. But when I try to go to the ip address, and enter the login, all I get is a spinning orange circle.
I have no display/head unit to change settings.

It's not the browser cache. I can get fusion connection on 4 different devices, but the same hang on Android phone, iPad, laptop using Chrome and a desktop using either Chrome or Edge.

the Apex is connected to the local network via a Netgear wireless gaming adaptor.

Is there a way to plug the Apex directly into my laptop to connect? that might be the best way? I know nothing about settings for DHCP or Port Forwarding, just that those things exist....

Michael

mpderksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/01/2020, 11:52 AM   #2
slief
RC Sponsor

If it’s a classic Apex, there are a couple things I would try. First would be to reboot/power cycle the base unit. If that doesn’t work, I would try either upgrading the base unit to a new version and being sure to update the www files or if you have your last firmware update, just use the updater to update only the www files. If that doesn’t work, start a support ticket because something could be corrupt.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/05/2020, 04:21 PM   #3
mpderksen
Registered Member

Tried EVERYTHING, but ended up getting a TeamViewer call with Luis from Neptune. He drove my computer while I provided details. There is something in the main unit that is corrupt and will need to be sent in at some point. However, he was able to get me in through: http://192.168.1.34/modules.sht

The unit is a couple years out of warranty, but I got 100% support and they were VERY helpful for no cost. I recommend the people as much as the product (and no, I wasn't paid to say that).

mpderksen is offline   Reply With Quote